Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Give it 6 months after release and someone will probanly find a way to mod it to have more games.
    Maybe, but from what I understand there is a bit more going on here than nintendo stuffing 30 old games into the thing, it is still an emulator and whatnot with some other changes to the games as well like being able to save, I think I read somewhere they also have a CRT scan line emulator lol. Either way I would not hold my breath
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

...heh, I never played the "Mr. Dream" Punch Out. Although it looks like the same game, just with a sprite swap to do away with Tyson at the end.

Beating Tyson in Punch Out is still something I consider one of my best gaming accomplishments. You either had to have lightning reflexes or be really damn lucky.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    fortnuatly good CRT tvs are cheap now, while they used to cost thousands of dollars u can get high quality ones for like 50-100$.

- - - Updated - - -

Cus iv read it doesnt read or work alot.
    Really? I've had mine for years now, and it still works like a charm.

The only thing I found that was an issue, is the charge cable was poorly built. The connector fell off leaving the plastic chassis for the copper connectors exposed. It still charges, but it is loose, and i'm afraid that it may get messed up eventually.

Aside from that, I've really enjoyed my Supaboy.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Great selection of games there, but off the top of my head...

Battletoads, Faxanadu, River City Ransom.... (at least they got Star Tropics in there).

I wonder if they deliberately focused on singleplayer games ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Even though I already have the games on here, I am still really hyped for this if only because I cant wait to use the controller so I can play NES Remix Pack and Shovel Knight.

Nice selection of games, although I'll probably pass since I already have an NES plus I already got some of those games (Although then again, if I buy this, I may never have to bother "re-animating" my NES with countless hours of cleaning the cartridges and console).
    I kind of wish they could have added at least 60 games, I mean, 60 classic NES games for $60 dollars? I think that would've been a good deal.
    Also, the Mini NES has both Castlevania 1 and 2, but not 3?!
    How could they not have 3? That's like the best Castlevania of the NES trilogy!

Quote Originally Posted by TrevorCBelmont View Post
    Nice selection of games, although I'll probably pass since I already have an NES plus I already got some of those games (Although then again, if I buy this, I may never have to bother "re-animating" my NES with countless hours of cleaning the cartridges and console).
    I kind of wish they could have added at least 60 games, I mean, 60 classic NES games for $60 dollars? I think that would've been a good deal.
    Also, the Mini NES has both Castlevania 1 and 2, but not 3?!
    How could they not have 3? That's like the best Castlevania of the NES trilogy!
    30 for 2 dollars is still a good deal. A lot of those games listed go for more boxed with instructions and cart alone some of em if lucky are 2 dollars at flea markets.

10+ Year Old Account
    You've been able to get stuff like this at the flea markets for years, and cheaper.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Man - I really appreciate this but Nintendo, instead of all these games, you could have just added an extra controller. Please!

They need to do a mini SNES.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyisthelimit View Post
    Man - I really appreciate this but Nintendo, instead of all these games, you could have just added an extra controller. Please!
    You can buy extra controlers separate. You can also use Nintendo Wii controlers with it too, apparently. The only downside to it, as far as I can tell, is being stuck with the same 30 games. Some of which I loved to bits but others, I'm looking at you Punch out, I wasn't so keen on. It would be great if you could pick and choose the games you wanted, theres more on the Nintendo store I'd like to get my hands on but don't have the hardware for.

Hoping they do a SNES version too at some point, been wanting to sit on my couch and play some Zombies ate my Neighbours or some Donkey Kong Country with a friend for a long, long time now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    They need to do a mini SNES.
    This. I was just saying this today. If only for the RPG's. Those are my favorite old games to play, and SNES is debatably the best classic system with regard to the genre.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    You've been able to get stuff like this at the flea markets for years, and cheaper.
    I'm not quite sure you'd find a NES that has new ports specifically for HDMI and controllers that can work with the Wii/Wii U.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I'm not quite sure you'd find a NES that has new ports specifically for HDMI and controllers that can work with the Wii/Wii U.
    You're right. I'm a bit salty that Nintendo spends so much of its time bringing back old titles on new pieces of hardware.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    You're right. I'm a bit salty that Nintendo spends so much of its time bringing back old titles on new pieces of hardware.
    I commend them for their efforts. Some of the games they're helping preserve are classics, bringing them to a modern audience in a way they can still enjoy pieces of gaming history is something, I think, we should applaud. Imagine if a game like Link to the Past or Metroid was to be lost forever, we'd be losing much more than just the content of those games, they're a living testament to how gaming has grown and developed over time.

I think of it the same as classic art or literature, we can still enjoy works like the Illiad from ancient greece or the Mona Lisa because they've been preserved through out our history. Preserving games from our past is no different as far as I'm concerned, they're a part of gaming history that should be accessable in some form or another. Old films are constantly remastered and rereleased in modern formats. Giving old games the same treatment is really no different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you have to blow on it to get it to work?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    You can buy extra controlers separate. You can also use Nintendo Wii controlers with it too, apparently. The only downside to it, as far as I can tell, is being stuck with the same 30 games. Some of which I loved to bits but others, I'm looking at you Punch out, I wasn't so keen on. It would be great if you could pick and choose the games you wanted, theres more on the Nintendo store I'd like to get my hands on but don't have the hardware for.

Hoping they do a SNES version too at some point, been wanting to sit on my couch and play some Zombies ate my Neighbours or some Donkey Kong Country with a friend for a long, long time now.
    Oh god I loved Zombies Ate My Neighbours! And Bubsy was another great SNES game. Granted, that system had a ton of great games.

Should of been at the least 50 games.

Considering how simplistic NES Emulation is an the fact you can download the entire catalogue of NES games in about 10 seconds.

Then they could of added some additions that were not only highly popular to the NES but a goddamn iconic staple of the 90s.

Yes I'm talking about the fucking Ninja Turtles.
    And Fuck it throw in Battletoads. Why? Because they want you to destroy your system in rage and buy another that is why.

THAT SAID

Should this eventually lead to a SNES mini.

THEN we can start talking pure badassery worth a price tag.

Final Fantasy 6
    Tales of Phantasia
    Zelda: A Link to the Past
    Super Mario World
    Super Mario RPG
    Chrono Trigger
    Super Metroid
    Donkey Kong Country
    Secret of Mana
    Earthbound
    Zombies Ate My Neightbore
    TMNT Turtles in Time
    F-Zero
    Final Fight

Shit son now that is an all star lineup.

Like if nintendo had any sense AT ALL they would of went for SNES and not tried to appeal hard to nostalgia and did NES because of roots. Because if this mini is a gauge to see how well a SNES mini would do or happen if it does well. I can honestly say. most people I KNOW would buy the SNES mini and just let the NES one rot. Especially with the bare bones lineup it has.

Sure Nintendo had SOME iconic games. SOME

The Majority of praise comes from the SNES Era which was pretty much home run after home run.

For a SNES mini containing some of the OBVIOUS classics that are mentioned frequently to this day. I'd drop a $100 bill on the machine without blinking and say screw emulation just to have the cute little setup in living room and sit down on couch and try to get lost in nostalgia back in simpler times.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2016-08-14 at 03:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Should of been at the least 50 games.

Considering how simplistic NES Emulation is an the fact you can download the entire catalogue of NES games in about 10 seconds.

Then they could of added some additions that were not only highly popular to the NES but a goddamn iconic staple of the 90s.

Yes I'm talking about the fucking Ninja Turtles.
    And Fuck it throw in Battletoads. Why? Because they want you to destroy your system in rage and buy another that is why.

THAT SAID

Should this eventually lead to a SNES mini.

THEN we can start talking pure badassery worth a price tag.

Final Fantasy 6
    Tales of Phantasia
    Zelda: A Link to the Past
    Super Mario World
    Super Mario RPG
    Chrono Trigger
    Super Metroid
    Donkey Kong Country
    Secret of Mana
    Earthbound
    Zombies Ate My Neightbore
    TMNT Turtles in Time
    F-Zero
    Final Fight

Shit son now that is an all star lineup.

Like if nintendo had any sense AT ALL they would of went for SNES and not tried to appeal hard to nostalgia and did NES because of roots. Because if this mini is a gauge to see how well a SNES mini would do or happen if it does well. I can honestly say. most people I KNOW would buy the SNES mini and just let the NES one rot. Especially with the bare bones lineup it has.

Sure Nintendo had SOME iconic games. SOME

The Majority of praise comes from the SNES Era which was pretty much home run after home run.

For a SNES mini containing some of the OBVIOUS classics that are mentioned frequently to this day. I'd drop a $100 bill on the machine without blinking and say screw emulation just to have the cute little setup in living room and sit down on couch and try to get lost in nostalgia back in simpler times.
    Why? For 30 games the value is amazing. 2 dollars a game. Good luck at flea markets when it comes to finding even the common ones for 2 dollars. Common ones go for 3 plus dollars at least.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-08-14 at 05:07 PM.