Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Right? A bot cannot cancel things faster than the TSM, in fact when cancelling several hundred auctions the majority of the time is taken up waiting for the AH to process the cancel requests.
    That is true
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    yeah im third biggest crafter on argent dawn and even with badrage undercutting im making 10-50k everyday. crafting is very profitable

- - - Updated - - -

because if you have many other crafters they will undercutt you. with bot your auctions are on best price 24/7. and trust me canelling and posting 800+ auctions takes time.
    Always interested in players like you I personally sit on raven PvP EU, and I max my leatherworking a lot....Definitely the profession I make the most gold from as well...its just great from stuff like the cobra scales hats, to leg enchants (I reset prices when it goes low hehe!) and wierd stuff like Molten core crafted gear. I dunno what items to flip really...just trying randomly

but meh...cant complain. I re-list 2-5 times day, around 1½ hour work a day with garrison + AH...and I make 10-30k a day for the last ½+ year now...its insane. Would had give my pinkie toe to make such gold in cata or wotlk lol
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2016-07-14 at 07:51 PM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    let em buy legion first, then ban em
    Generally, I would say wait until a day before Legion and then send out a ban wave. But since those bans are like 6 months anyway, it doesn't make that much of a difference.

For me I mostly do glyphs and enchants plus the odd transmog/pet I'm able to get off ah for cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    Generally, I would say wait until a day before Legion and then send out a ban wave. But since those bans are like 6 months anyway, it doesn't make that much of a difference.
    The amount of time they are banned actually increases. First time was 6 months second time 18 months
    Last edited by WintersLegion; 2016-07-14 at 07:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    tbh i think the best thing you can do rn is just report the bots and let blizzard handle it untill they do something big about it

Banwave announcements are like Christmas.

All realms with good economy have this undercut everything 24/7 crappy bots.
    Dude there is no bot program that completely automates this kind of complex task, they're just players with a bank alt or several who use auction house add ons and spend a decent amount of time actively watching auctions. I know because I have at times been that kind of player who would totally spend time doing this type of thing. Even buying out everything people would put up of certain mats and reselling them and/or using them to craft items and then selling those.

At one point me and a friend pretty much held the entire market on Darkmoon Trinkets on US-Illidan (which has the most active auction house in the game) and fishing and so on when Cata released up til Firelands released and we pretty much got bored or busy with other things and stopped focusing on it, or people stopped buying those items.

This is not in any way shape or form a violation of in-game policies. Also wasn't that time intensive after the initial head start and simply required us to log in and check the auction house once or twice a day and simply search for items we wanted and buy them out and do whatever with them afterward.

Also the problem with gold inflation now has everything to do with people who have several alts with garrisons set up in the best way to maximize passive gold earned. Has absolutely nothing to do with bots.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2016-07-14 at 11:54 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    Dude there is no bot program that completely automates this kind of complex task
    There are, or at least there were. Honorbuddy had a very popular bot script in Cata and MoP that would do nothing but undercutting and buying out items to relist based on a price threshold.

TSM already does these things easily with the click of a button, I find it silly you think it would be a complex task to have a bot programmed to click buttons in the AH

http://joekey.deviantart.com Sig by Lilliputia! <3

Quote Originally Posted by Narshe View Post
    There are, or at least there were. Honorbuddy had a very popular bot script in Cata and MoP that would do nothing but undercutting and buying out items to relist based on a price threshold.

TSM already does these things easily with the click of a button, I find it silly you think it would be a complex task to have a bot programmed to click buttons in the AH
    Ya I forgot you could do things like that with honorbuddy, however a lot of people make accusations against people for botting all the time when it's simply not the case.

All realms with good economy have this undercut everything 24/7 crappy bots. I think this bots are harder to detect than farming bots which are very easy to recognize
    That kind of bot has been around since vanilla, when you had to use the neutral AH to transfer gold and items between factions. You learned real quick to not make mistakes pricing anything, because the bots would swoop in immediately. I don't know why, but Blizzard has never been able to really keep a lid on AH bots.

7+ Year Old Account
    can you show us your proof of him botting? cause bots ussauly wont get stuck on walls and mailboxes as it goes on its own and is allways the same...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    That kind of bot has been around since vanilla, when you had to use the neutral AH to transfer gold and items between factions. You learned real quick to not make mistakes pricing anything, because the bots would swoop in immediately. I don't know why, but Blizzard has never been able to really keep a lid on AH bots.
    But it doesn't require a bot to do this, just anyone watching the ah close. I only play on a server with one of the most busy auction houses where you can literally buy almost any tradeable item that exists in the game for gold in a relatively short amount of time, if not the most active and vibrant economy in the game. And I'm like telling you bro, that I often sit and watch auctions and do this sort of thing manually but it's pretty rare these days that I ever witness players that are botting. Most of them are sitting their doing auctions, and also utilizing trade chat and such.

I find it highly unlikely that this is not the case on US-Illidan but is on servers that are less populated and active. Perhaps it just seems to you that people are botting because a lot of players play the auction house but it's not really active outside of undercutting and/or buying out reselling because people just don't buy things and too many players are fighting over what is actually a smaller economy?

Because 90% of the time I put something on the auction that is highly in demand at a competitive price, someone buys it.

Of course it's also possible that my game experience is just different than yours.

7+ Year Old Account
    oh and stuff being "inflated" isnt from bots... its called there is nothign to do right now but make gold, so garrisons and 25hc cata raids= tons of gold spare...

also no... bots wernt "instantly picking up your items" from the Ah, its called, there is X people on your server, and tons of people go to the Ah all day with an addon to tell them what stuff could make them the most gold, and a sandstone drake going for 3,4k instead of 34k would show up right away on their addon... so they pick it up right away.... and with how many people on each servers, its likely atleast 1 person will be watching the AH

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    oh and stuff being "inflated" isnt from bots... its called there is nothign to do right now but make gold, so garrisons and 25hc cata raids= tons of gold spare...

also no... bots wernt "instantly picking up your items" from the Ah, its called, there is X people on your server, and tons of people go to the Ah all day with an addon to tell them what stuff could make them the most gold, and a sandstone drake going for 3,4k instead of 34k would show up right away on their addon... so they pick it up right away.... and with how many people on each servers, its likely atleast 1 person will be watching the AH
    Exactly. The only time I've ever experienced this phenomenon of my auctions being constantly undercut and no one buying them was on lower pop servers like US- Balnazzar where it might have seemed like someone was botting but the reality is that people just don't buy stuff on the auction house and are fighting over a very small amount of potential customers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    let em buy legion first, then ban em
    So?
    I hazard a guess majority of botted accounts are stolen.

- - - Updated - - -

can you show us your proof of him botting? cause bots ussauly wont get stuck on walls and mailboxes as it goes on its own and is allways the same...
    Depends what sort of scripts they use, if it's shitty then yes, they will get stuck.
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

If you think that there are no bots then just open a Group Finder, make a raid group and click "auto-accept" without any restrictions.

Your group will be full in 5 seconds or less.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    If you think that there are no bots then just open a Group Finder, make a raid group and click "auto-accept" without any restrictions.

Your group will be full in 5 seconds or less.
    thats not bots... thats called "there is X million players using realmhopper trying to farm rares" its not bots... i use realmhop all the time... so i know this, and i host groups all the time to do the "only need to kill the final boss" bug where i do icc once on a toon on 10 normal, all but LK then on all my other toons i can do LK 25 heroic every week without having to kill any other boss

thats not bots... thats called "there is X million players using realmhopper trying to farm rares" its not bots... i use realmhop all the time... so i know this, and i host groups all the time to do the "only need to kill the final boss" bug where i do icc once on a toon on 10 normal, all but LK then on all my other toons i can do LK 25 heroic every week without having to kill any other boss
    Oh okay, thought that they're bots. My fault then.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Oh okay, thought that they're bots. My fault then.
    nah its a addon called RealmHop or Group Jumper, swapping servers allows you to join one of maybe 10 mega servers (used in cross realm areas) and all normal servers, for stuff like rares, or rare items

for example draenor and pandaria are still not cross realm, so you can join one of (example) 87 servers, giving you 87 chances for that rare to be alive! (awesome for farming the warbringers in pandaria for the mounts)

but for places older, like wrath, cata, bc, are all Cross realm, so there is about 10 servers, with each containing (all of these numbers are examples) 8 servers
    and so for me for example, i wanted to get the acheivment "higher learning" in dalaran, and its old enough its a "mega server" now, so using realmhopper i switched server to server, jumping from server to server, but only joining, mega server 2, back to mega server 1, mega server 3, mega server 2 again, mega server 8, mega server 2 again

as the addon will track server joined (but cant track mega server)

so for example, why you may see people instantly join, then maybe instantly leave is my example (alot of tired lead up to this, been up 24 hours now)

i am sitting there waiting for the book to spawn, so i click my "join server" it joins the top group in the list of joinable groups, lets say the first is "dalaran" im on dentarg

stuff despawns, then stuff spawns, im on the new "mega server" or maybe if im unlucky on the same mega server, so i leave
    (i will now no longer join a dentarg, or dalaran based group until i reset my server history)
    and now i just keep spamming this easy to click "join group" button, and as i join it turns into "join new group"

so it simply becomes
    "click button, changes server, what you want isent there, click button again, join new server" and on and on

and so if you open a group, and your on a server i have yet to join in my current search, it will put you to the top of the list

now im going to go lay down cause im tired... and still need to be up about 12 more hours....

Deleted
    I don't see many bots. As for auction house, there are plenty of no-life undercutters. They aren't necessary botting. They are just being assholes, trying to control markets so they would be the only ones making any gold. Normal players get undercut in seconds and don't stand a chance. Some are bots, but mostly they aren't.

I wish Blizzard did something to discourage AH camping. Its getting worse and worse each year. Something like setting deposit to 10-20% of buyout price would do.