Thread: Camera zoom

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Camera zoom

For those of you who care, it looks like the max camera distance is reverted to whatever it was before. Don't know if it wil lstay but i can zoom out further in this build than i could in the previous one. so good news i guess

Quote Originally Posted by daemonion View Post
    For those of you who care, it looks like the max camera distance is reverted to whatever it was before. Don't know if it wil lstay but i can zoom out further in this build than i could in the previous one. so good news i guess
    Thanks for the update, I was concerned with the shorter zoom.

I'm not finding this to be true for me. Atleast, my old macro isn't working for it. What command are you using?

Any proof or evidence you could provide? They had a pretty solid reason for the change, not sure why they would go back on it.

It's the banned guy from earlier troll posts on a new account.

10+ Year Old Account
    havent heard anythin bout that so proof please
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

I'm not using any command, just have it on maxe distance in the settings. I'll take a screenshot and post later. Can't get on the server right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    It's the banned guy from earlier troll posts on a new account.
    Nah, this isnt a new account, neither is it a troll post. I've had this account for years just never been very active about posting stuff. And no im not "the banned guy" either.

Quote Originally Posted by daemonion View Post
    I'm not using any command, just have it on maxe distance in the settings. I'll take a screenshot and post later. Can't get on the server right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah, this isnt a new account, neither is it a troll post. I've had this account for years just never been very active about posting stuff. And no im not "the banned guy" either.
    I would love to see if this is true. This issue has given me pause a lot lately.

Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    Looks like YOU are the troll. Derp.
    No... the zoom has not changed since Blizzard limited it.

Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    I was referring to you calling out the OP as somebody he wasn't.
    Doesn;t make me a troll.. just wrong... I've been that before, and I'm sure to be that again.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Doesn;t make me a troll.. just wrong... I've been that before, and I'm sure to be that again.
    You were not wrong. He is trolling. The zoom is the same stupid-ass shortened zoom it has been.

Quote Originally Posted by Unir View Post
    You were not wrong. He is trolling. The zoom is the same stupid-ass shortened zoom it has been.
    Would you like some fries with that salt? I think I should go grab a pickax to mine this vast quantity of salt that I found.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabka Uhalla View Post
    Would you like some fries with that salt? I think I should go grab a pickax to mine this vast quantity of salt that I found.
    Certainly. I do like fries, and nothing wrong with salt where salt is appropriate.

Get whatever tools you think you need.

Quote Originally Posted by Unir View Post
    Certainly. I do like fries, and nothing wrong with salt where salt is appropriate.

Get whatever tools you think you need.
    See kids, that's how you respond to trolls. Not by being butthurt and fanning the flames, but by making a joke to defuse. +1 internets sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Any proof or evidence you could provide? They had a pretty solid reason for the change, not sure why they would go back on it.
    Theres no solid reason for this change. At least not the one they used. They wanted to reduce the advantage between people using the command and people not using the command. I never knew about the command until it was mentioned in that blue post and I never felt like I was at a disadvantage.

I definitely would have liked to know about it, but I never felt gimped or anything. Now that I know about it, Id love to use it, but seeing as its getting removed I dont want to get used to it which is stupid. They should have just announced that it exists so everyone knows about it.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Troll OP , distance is the same just checked...
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Theres no solid reason for this change. At least not the one they used. They wanted to reduce the advantage between people using the command and people not using the command. I never knew about the command until it was mentioned in that blue post and I never felt like I was at a disadvantage.

I definitely would have liked to know about it, but I never felt gimped or anything. Now that I know about it, Id love to use it, but seeing as its getting removed I dont want to get used to it which is stupid. They should have just announced that it exists so everyone knows about it.
    ... You do realise then you're an exact case of why this change is being done, right? You didn't know about it, it would've been nice for you to know about it, and it would have helped you if you knew about it previously. The other reason is actually purely aesthetics, and I agree with them on it. It's nice being able to see the game world around you, but when your character is smaller than your thumbnail on the screen, it's going too far.

Now that I've been able to log in again and check it turns out it hasn't changed, it just felt like it while playing demon hunter. Might've been because of the smaller model or something, it just felt like the zoom went way further than before. Note that i didnt play demon hunter untill yesterday when i made this post. Sorry for stirring stuff up a bit, but i felt i wanted to write about it and did so too soon before actually checking for myself, though i couldnt actually log on to the beta while making the post in my defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    I believe they also had technical reasons for not just allowing the zoom scale to go further in game. I'll definitely miss it but I'm sure I'll get used to not having it pretty quick.
    No doubt. They'd made a lot of visual improvements in Legion, as well as the Maximum Render Distance being increased a lot. Having everyone on the maximum zoom will put more strain on the server, so it makes sense.

Either way, the change is good for everyone. I've loved being as far out as possible, but it's not suddenly like a JRPG / JMMO game, where I'm zoomed into the ass of my character. I can still see plenty around me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    ... You do realise then you're an exact case of why this change is being done, right? You didn't know about it, it would've been nice for you to know about it, and it would have helped you if you knew about it previously. The other reason is actually purely aesthetics, and I agree with them on it. It's nice being able to see the game world around you, but when your character is smaller than your thumbnail on the screen, it's going too far.
    No. All they could have done was make the slider actually zoom out as camera max distance allowed.

Instead they removed the command shortening the view. There is no "sense" in that unless it has something to do with porting WoW to consoles.