15+ Year Old Account
    What's the best alliance race for priest right now? Kinda want a race change, but I'd stick with draenei if it's better. I have a feeling it's night elf though.

My 830 int/haste trinket is performing better than my 860 Twisting Wind on test dummies, should I stick with the int/haste trinket?

quick question regarding relics, I have a 855 blood relic that reduced the cd of dispersion, I was always taught to go for item level in regards to relics but I recently picked up an 840 auspicious spirits relic and was wondering if it was worth the ilvl loss on my artifact? I simmed it and it is in fact higher but I'm hesitant.
    Amazing Signature by Yoni

Quote Originally Posted by Cheekun View Post
    quick question regarding relics, I have a 855 blood relic that reduced the cd of dispersion, I was always taught to go for item level in regards to relics but I recently picked up an 840 auspicious spirits relic and was wondering if it was worth the ilvl loss on my artifact? I simmed it and it is in fact higher but I'm hesitant.
    Hmm, that's a tough call. Honestly I wouldn't do it as a 15 ilvl dip isn't all that worth it to me.

Quote Originally Posted by oofta View Post
    My 830 int/haste trinket is performing better than my 860 Twisting Wind on test dummies, should I stick with the int/haste trinket?
    That's not surprising. I just did a quick 100 iteration sim to get an overview of how trinkets look while i run the 1,000 one to post now and the 10k one tomorrow and the stat stick trinket is simming just ahead of it.

How far off was it out of curiosity?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    What's the best alliance race for priest right now? Kinda want a race change, but I'd stick with draenei if it's better. I have a feeling it's night elf though.
    I'm human atm, however dwarf and human are both decent choices due to their escapes. For DPS, it doesn't matter what you pick, they're all very close.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheekun View Post
    855 is what? +44 or 45 ilvl to weapon, and 840 is +40? I'd personally take that trade off since I like the slightly better rng for AS. I'd imagine it'll only ever pay off if you're playing S2M though.

well since people are asking about trinkets here. I got a 850 Darkmoon Deck:Hellfire, which trinket should I swap and use it, the 830 Devilsaur Shock-Batton or the 840 passive trinket that gives 1123 int and 898 haste?

Armory here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...oriel/advanced

There is a trinket list in the first post, use that to weigh your trinkets.

When I am trying to maintain void form should I finish off a filler mindflay before MB or vb, or should I stop the flay and vb/MB as soon as it comes up. Should I be using auspicious spirits at 32% haste 18% crit?

Quote Originally Posted by kalazor View Post
    When I am trying to maintain void form should I finish off a filler mindflay before MB or vb, or should I stop the flay and vb/MB as soon as it comes up. Should I be using auspicious spirits at 32% haste 18% crit?
    Always clip flay for a better ability.
    Yes you should be using AS.

Quote Originally Posted by kalazor View Post
    Clip them. You need to use MB and VB the instant they come up. I think it's a dps loss to use AS at under 20% crit, but don't quote me on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    Always clip flay for a better ability.
    Yes you should be using AS.
    I've been wondering for a while. Should I clip it as soon as a VB/MB are up or wait till the next tick before clipping?

Quote Originally Posted by Poltr View Post
    I've been wondering for a while. Should I clip it as soon as a VB/MB are up or wait till the next tick before clipping?
    Personally I just clip it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rinelki View Post
    I fear what they might be doing for 7.1. But I wonder... a game with millions of subs and players, am I the only one thinking that it's crazy they realized just now how S2M is wrong/broken? Makes you wonder what kind of team they have going on if they couldnt see this months ago. There are so many people even on here that knew this was going to happen, and they didnt?
    Amazing how Blizzard made so many great games in the last 2 decades and at the same time show such a crazy level of incompetence that wouldnt even be allowed in a local software house.
    Pure speculation mixed with a little common sense and observation of how they do things over a few years so cut me some slack:

There are different levels of broken. It would not be unheard of that they wanted to get some real game feedback about it before changing it out. It's possible they may well have thought it was a problem but a solution might be difficult to find without being able to put some number on just how messed up it was. And determining an actual solution from a number of alternatives likely has something to do with quantifiable brokenness. If it's not as bad as people believe you might do one thing; if it's totally out of line something else. I do believe they tend to want to stay with their ideas until they can see how it goes in the actual game. It's not as if players have been totally correct in the past.

I doubt if you can conclude much from a beta audience that often has other things on their mind other than raiding and raid instances that are only open for short periods of time for testing. Then eliminate everyone not a shadow priest and it doesn't take a lot of imagination to think that the sample was too small to really draw conclusions. I don't know if the pre-patch was long enough to surface specifics or not but would likely lean toward not.

It's certainly not the first time that something like this has happened over the years. And yes, they stay with their design often enough past the point of sensibility but changes made often don't play like you think they should when mixed with 30+ other specs. And their initial steps often are greeted with fainting spells from players who say they'll quit or immediately re-roll without seeing how the changes will actually play out. So they go slow. I would too I think.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2016-09-29 at 06:20 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    After the suggestion from Djriff I ran my character through SimC/Beotorch and I have some questions regarding the output. I opted for default where possible.

With SimC I'm getting a suggested DPS of 277k on a Patchwerk style fight with Beotorch it's 218k. This gap already seems significant, after switching the skill level in SimC to Good instead of Elite the average dropped to 90k. It has a harsh drop (to almost zero) after 100 seconds so maybe the simulation assumes I died? Could those numbers and large margins be the result of me doing something wrong or could there be some kind of problem withe shadow priest simulation?

Furthermore I'm a bit confused by the normalized stat weights I get from either tool. Especially what should I make of negative numbers? Either weight would suggest that I should really, really stack up on Crit. Currently I'm at 29% Haste, 16% Crit, 47% Mastery.

For Beotorch: 1.38 Crit, 1.00 Int, 0.88 Mastery, 0.76 Versatility, -1.03 Haste
    For SimC: 1.57 Crit, 1.00 Int, 1.18 Mastery, 1.18 Versatility, 0.28 Haste

I'm interested in understanding those numbers while I'm already well aware that I need to work on my skills. For NHC I've been more around 100-150k for the fights.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atwaru View Post
    After the suggestion from Djriff I ran my character through SimC/Beotorch and I have some questions regarding the output. I opted for default where possible.

With SimC I'm getting a suggested DPS of 277k on a Patchwerk style fight with Beotorch it's 218k. This gap already seems significant, after switching the skill level in SimC to Good instead of Elite the average dropped to 90k. It has a harsh drop (to almost zero) after 100 seconds so maybe the simulation assumes I died? Could those numbers and large margins be the result of me doing something wrong or could there be some kind of problem withe shadow priest simulation?

Furthermore I'm a bit confused by the normalized stat weights I get from either tool. Especially what should I make of negative numbers? Either weight would suggest that I should really, really stack up on Crit. Currently I'm at 29% Haste, 16% Crit, 47% Mastery.

For Beotorch: 1.38 Crit, 1.00 Int, 0.88 Mastery, 0.76 Versatility, -1.03 Haste
    For SimC: 1.57 Crit, 1.00 Int, 1.18 Mastery, 1.18 Versatility, 0.28 Haste

I'm interested in understanding those numbers while I'm already well aware that I need to work on my skills. For NHC I've been more around 100-150k for the fights.
    Those weights seem real fucky, personally I use the weights laid out on Melgane's guide on HowToPriest (my personal favorite).

I'll leave them here to save you searching (these assume you are running S2M as there are separate weights for Mind Spike/LotV):

Int = 1.00
    Crit = 1.26
    Haste = 1.78
    Mast = 1.07
    Vers = 0.94

They're subject to change as the expansion progresses however it demonstrates just how important haste is.

Deleted
    Does anyone know what our best relic traits are? Have three relics the same ilvl that give SWP damage, Mind Blast damage and boosting VT's chance for shadowy apparitions and not sure which two to go with.

A negative value for haste weighting is more than just fucky! Definitely wouldn't trust those results.

Hey, I have managed to go the wrong path in the arifact tree (this is my path http://www.wowhead.com/artifact-calc...MFAzBgMwgDVDAQ ) Is it worth resetting them to go for CotV or should i just stick with it?

Deleted
    Can someone suggest a stat weight for mythic+ dungeons? Should I go with the LotV/MS stat weight even though I use stm, because I only use it 1-2 times depending on the dungeon and most of the time is spend killing trash. And even when I use stm i only reach like 60-70 stack anyway because the boss dies to fast depending on difficulty. Recently I started using stm on the trash before the boss if you can pull it right away and good some good results, but I don't know if its worth sacrificing trash dmg for boss dmg depending on group combination.

Guys, after i simcraft my gear using askmrobot, it shows that my dps is significantly better with Mind spike and void ray than LOTV and soul Reaper .the result is really close to surrender to madness on single target fight .

with voidray and mindspike :
    Omhdigan-Priest-Shadow-Blood Elf-Version:7.0.3.22624 Rotation: Default Boss/Script:
    Single Target
    Fight Length:
    450s +/-20%
    296991 DPS
    Error:
    0.497% (1476.0)
    Standard Dev:
    Run Time:
    2.15s
    Iterations:

with surrender to madness and soul reaper:

Omhdigan-Priest-Shadow-Blood Elf-Version:7.0.3.22624 Rotation: Default Boss/Script:
    Single Target fight Length:
    450s +/-20%
    307450 DPS
    Error:
    0.497% (1526.9)
    Standard Dev:
    Run Time:
    2.04s
    Iterations:

and with the standard LOTV and soul-reaper:
    Single Target
    Fight Length:
    450s +/-20%
    278038 DPS
    Error:
    0.496% (1379.5)
    Standard Dev:
    Run Time:
    5.93s
    Iterations:

can anyone confirm this plz?

Regards
    Last edited by fanoos; 2016-09-29 at 01:25 PM.