Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    You don't want to delay VB in combat, but it sounds like you have a lot some latency issues. I use that rotation just fine with 35% base haste. Once I get around 70% I can drop the 3rd filler and just go VB>MB>Filler>VB>Filler.
    Guess I'll log and record it when I get home and see what's going on. I am able to hit 3rd torrent when everything goes well and usually pull good numbers, so I'm not quite sure.

At the end of the day, that middle filler is a single gcd of flay, so it's not game breaking regardless.

There is a weird point where you have like half a GCD of nothing, at which point it's better to just wait on Void Bolt rather than delay it.

- - - Updated - - -

Also long project going on atm, but I'm working on best talent combos other than StM with actual math and the stat weights for those specific talents.
    My life right now

I still have like 20 more sims to run all this length and tons of results to go through. Should be done in like a week or so, each fight type takes about 10 hours to run >>

I'm gonna put down a shiny nickel on it being Twist/Voidlord/AS/PI/Technically-Mind-Spike-but-Fuck-That-Pick-LoTV. That's what always produces the best results for me whenever I get frustrated at being physically limited on S2M and try to remember when playing Shadow was fun.

Yeah probably, but I only have PW done atm.

Deleted
    Wanne see bad game Design?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...y=4&dataset=90
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...y=4&dataset=10

shadow priest is right now the class which is realy unfriednly for any beginners but has the most potential. I get wispers how to play it off and people are afraid of raiding as shadow. They dont feel like it´s easy to pull off, so they dont raid at all. Bad Blizzard just Bad Game Design . I´m sad. Disapointed. This Talent is kind of dividing the priest comunity. Why cant they make it more friendly for beginners really i dont get it.
    Last edited by mmoc5f5f54ff7d; 2016-10-21 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FrothyMug View Post
    Okay, so I'm ilevel 867 and I have just under 7k haste. How the hell are you guys hitting 12k haste? Seems like everyone is swimming in trinkets, too. I'm stuck with 850 Chrono Shard and 875 Unstable Horrorslime for weeks now. Where are you getting this gear from? Perhaps I'm extremely unlucky... I've done the dino quest in Suramar, but I have yet to see a shock baton quest reward or WQ.

Sorry, I'm just frustrated that I can't get good gear. I must be missing something. Suggestions?
    I've never seen the Dino quest....

I guess I don't get all the stm hate. I'm having a blast playing this way. It's crazy unique and has a skill cap that always leaves you feeling like you can do more to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by elsus View Post
    I guess I don't get all the stm hate. I'm having a blast playing this way. It's crazy unique and has a skill cap that always leaves you feeling like you can do more to improve.
    The problem isn't so much that people dislike STM itself, rather the fact that its your ONLY choice of lvl 100 talents.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

Quote Originally Posted by Saltshak3r View Post
    Wanne see bad game Design?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...y=4&dataset=90
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...y=4&dataset=10

shadow priest is right now the class which is realy unfriednly for any beginners but has the most potential. I get wispers how to play it off and people are afraid of raiding as shadow. They dont feel like it´s easy to pull off, so they dont raid at all. Bad Blizzard just Bad Game Design . I´m sad. Disapointed. This Talent is kind of dividing the priest comunity. Why cant they make it more friendly for beginners really i dont get it.
    I don't think a low skill floor and a high skill ceiling is necessarily bad design in and of itself. This specific situation where you're 100% dependent on STM to carry your damage is bad design though, I'll agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    I'd like WoW to be a single player game

Quote Originally Posted by Baelic View Post
    I've never seen the Dino quest....
    Have you done the quest chain that unlocks the WQ?

StM is super fun, but holy fuck can it be annoying when your raid leader consist of casting bl on pull. Sometimes i wish i play another class when the StM timing just fucks up, but when you get the right timing you are having a blast seeing your dmg go through the roof. But thats the hardest part i feel is to acutally time it perfectly so you get to atleast 100 stacks before the boss dies, sometimes i use it to early and die with like 10% boss hp left, sometimes i just use it too late and only go to like 70-80 stacks and that is a bit annoying sometimes. I was wondering if there is an WeakAura where u can see how much time the boss approximately has left before it dies? That would be cool. But i guess its all about knowing the fight 100% :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Rumex View Post
    StM is super fun, but holy fuck can it be annoying when your raid leader consist of casting bl on pull. Sometimes i wish i play another class when the StM timing just fucks up, but when you get the right timing you are having a blast seeing your dmg go through the roof. But thats the hardest part i feel is to acutally time it perfectly so you get to atleast 100 stacks before the boss dies, sometimes i use it to early and die with like 10% boss hp left, sometimes i just use it too late and only go to like 70-80 stacks and that is a bit annoying sometimes. I was wondering if there is an WeakAura where u can see how much time the boss approximately has left before it dies? That would be cool. But i guess its all about knowing the fight 100% :-)
    There are X people in a raid. All but the shadow priest benefit from Lust at the start when it aligns with all their trinkets, cooldowns and pre-pot.
    You dont screw over 9-29 people because a shadow priest wants Lust at the end.

You will have a better chance to convince your raid leader to let you suicide, get a battle ress and a 2nd lust at the end.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Deleted
    There is multiple WAs for time to die timers. One is made by Djriff and is found from these forums. One is found from H2P forums. I personally look at my guilds logs from previous week and see how much HP boss had 2 min before dying. I thinks timing is actually easy that way. I feel it is extremely hard to focus on boss mechanics (and raid leading in my case) during Surrender, specially after second Void Torrent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripalii View Post
    There is multiple WAs for time to die timers. One is made by Djriff and is found from these forums. One is found from H2P forums. I personally look at my guilds logs from previous week and see how much HP boss had 2 min before dying. I thinks timing is actually easy that way. I feel it is extremely hard to focus on boss mechanics (and raid leading in my case) during Surrender, specially after second Void Torrent.
    I feel like once i go past 70 stacks its tunnel vision. you may be able to switch to a big hp target but small adds you cant handle. Btw i got last week a targeted from ursorc´s charge while beeing at probly 80+ stacks. I kind of messed up since i was to slow running out while continuing dpsing and dispersion was on CD. That was pure stress oh boy. i gues i have to save dispersion for this moment at all costs.

Deleted
    I feel like once i go past 70 stacks its tunnel vision. you may be able to switch to a big hp target but small adds you cant handle. Btw i got last week a targeted from ursorc´s charge while beeing at probly 80+ stacks. I kind of messed up since i was to slow running out while continuing dpsing and dispersion was on CD. That was pure stress oh boy. i gues i have to save dispersion for this moment at all costs.
    Somehow I wonder how do high ranking priests do at xav... to get really high rank you need to also dot a lot of adds in the end but i cant see myself being able to do so and at the same time not die... i guess they use enemygrid to make it easier... but that'll stop working in few days so dunno...

How do you guys do it? How many adds do you usually full dot in p3? Or just pain during gcd?

You can strafe away from him. The game considers "in front of you" to be anything which is in a 180-degree arc ahead of where you are facing.

You could also do the old hunter kiting trick where you run away, jump, spin in mid air to get a cast off, spin back to land, jump again, repeat. It doesn't work as well for us as it did for them because we have cast times and not instant shots, and it takes some good mouse control, but it's the fastest way to kite if done perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Menae View Post
    You can strafe away from him. The game considers "in front of you" to be anything which is in a 180-degree arc ahead of where you are facing.

You could also do the old hunter kiting trick where you run away, jump, spin in mid air to get a cast off, spin back to land, jump again, repeat. It doesn't work as well for us as it did for them because we have cast times and not instant shots, and it takes some good mouse control, but it's the fastest way to kite if done perfectly.
    I do that all the time. Reminds me of orb-walking in dota/stutter stepping on sc2. Really fun, and it makes movement smooooth.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    There are X people in a raid. All but the shadow priest benefit from Lust at the start when it aligns with all their trinkets, cooldowns and pre-pot.
    You dont screw over 9-29 people because a shadow priest wants Lust at the end.

You will have a better chance to convince your raid leader to let you suicide, get a battle ress and a 2nd lust at the end.
    That's not really true, a lot of Execute range classes benefit from Execute range Lust - Warriors notably also skyrocket in execute range, and Lust not only increases their GCD (more execute spam) it also increases their rage generation (bigger executes). Affliction locks benefit a lot from execute range lust too.

Most importantly though, is that execute range is usually when you actually need to burn a boss. The only time a lust on the pull versus during execute is beneficial - is when the enrage timer is so tight that it is more beneficial to maximize Lust DPS to the most raiders possible to beat the enrage. Except, consider the fights where the Enrage timer is actually a consideration? Ursoc and Xavius - and both Berserk at 30%. The thing that wipes most progression raids, on both bosses where max raid DPS actually matters - are both bosses with Soft Enrage mechanics that are scarier than the Hard Enrage timer. So in both cases where what you are saying might be true, it's not true in reality - you need Lust during the Berserk mechanics to reduce your time in that phase as much as possible.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Rezark View Post
    Have you done the quest chain that unlocks the WQ?
    Apparently not, where does it start?

Quote Originally Posted by Baelic View Post
    Apparently not, where does it start?
    http://www.wowhead.com/quest=43583/l...nts:id=2387366
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death