What are the best races for shadow priest on horde? I'm currently troll, but pandaren are my favorite race, but im torn between going pandaren or blood elf and would like some input from various shadow priest players of differing races.

I'm aware the differences are nominal, but there is definitely some utility to each race choice. Just want some input.

Also, I'm at 19% crit, 35% haste, 42% mastery. Would it be worth using crit food over haste food?
    Last edited by Cheekun; 2016-10-23 at 02:06 AM.
    Amazing Signature by Yoni

Quote Originally Posted by Cheekun View Post
    What are the best races for shadow priest on horde? I'm currently troll, but pandaren are my favorite race, but im torn between going pandaren or blood elf and would like some input from various shadow priest players of differing races.

I'm aware the differences are nominal, but there is definitely some utility to each race choice. Just want some input.
    pandas get the sweet double food buff, which is nice - makes 375 haste buff better than fishbrul special.

trolls are probably the best due to berserk which is a good ability to use in StM, but I never tried it out.

Belves are probably the worst horde race because Arcane Torrent is meh and 1% crit is far worse than double food or Goblin's 1% passive haste.

Speaking of which, Goblins should be up there with that 1% haste.

All of the races are pretty close to each other. Belf may move slight ahead with the torrent change in 7.1 though.

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    All of the races are pretty close to each other. Belf may move slight ahead with the torrent change in 7.1 though.
    Is that confirmed though? I remember people were jokingly (seriously) saying it might be a typo between arcane torrent > Void torrent.
    Amazing Signature by Yoni

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephirdd View Post
    pandas get the sweet double food buff, which is nice - makes 375 haste buff better than fishbrul special.

trolls are probably the best due to berserk which is a good ability to use in StM, but I never tried it out.

Belves are probably the worst horde race because Arcane Torrent is meh and 1% crit is far worse than double food or Goblin's 1% passive haste.

Speaking of which, Goblins should be up there with that 1% haste.

Arcane torrent is going to give insanity in 7.1 far from meh And 1% crit is pretty good.

And belf is also BIS race for transmogs ♥

Quote Originally Posted by Cheekun View Post
    Is that confirmed though? I remember people were jokingly (seriously) saying it might be a typo between arcane torrent > Void torrent.
    About races being close? Yes. As for Arcane Torrent, i haven't seen anything saying otherwise.

Deleted
    Hello guys. I have a doubt about using s2m on xavius... does the dream debuff always last 3 minutes or ends at 60/30% either way? What I mean: if i get the first debuff at 95% and the raid takes down xavius at 60% in 2 minutes, do i exit the dream state or I still have a minute left on it? I'd like to use s2m not at 95% but a minute after that, but im worried that then it wont last enough because xav probably reaches 60% before 3minutes and so I'll actually die if puts me automaticcaly out of dream at 60%. Thank you!

Deleted
    @Djriff i've read the trinket bis list but im a bit confused, now i have:

chrono shard 840 1123 int + proc haste
    oackheart gnarled root 850 932 versatility + proc
    leycoral shard 835 1073 int + 882 haste

Im playing with Stm and i want to know whats the best using

I would use the oakharts and the stat stick.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    I would use the oakharts and the stat stick.
    im also using your stat weight for pawn but i have to ask if it take in consideration the use proc, i have that rings with

1050 crit and 786 mastery + 5% dmg and heal on 3 min cd
    vs
    1213 haste and 555 mastery

pawn say its a 10% upgrade but idk if it take in consideration the +5% dmg every 3 min

also if i change that ring i will fall under 20%crit
    Last edited by mmoc5ef7cfa017; 2016-10-23 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rinelki View Post
    Hello guys. I have a doubt about using s2m on xavius... does the dream debuff always last 3 minutes or ends at 60/30% either way? What I mean: if i get the first debuff at 95% and the raid takes down xavius at 60% in 2 minutes, do i exit the dream state or I still have a minute left on it? I'd like to use s2m not at 95% but a minute after that, but im worried that then it wont last enough because xav probably reaches 60% before 3minutes and so I'll actually die if puts me automaticcaly out of dream at 60%. Thank you!
    The dream ends when the buff expires. Boss % won't take you out of it! Enjoy your S2Ms <3

Wondering where I can find the SImC APL. Trying to get into doing my own sims for stat weights and the like (even though I know I still need to get to 12k haste). The default option has my haste as the lowest weight, and I know that can't be right. Looking for a little help >.>

I was looking viklund stream today and this guy doesnt seem to multidot with enemygrid , im not sure how he did it , is it tab targeting? i dont understand how he was so accurate because tab isnt so reliable, i mean how do you even refresh dots with it , its very hard without enemygrid.

How do you multidot guys?

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    I was looking viklund stream today and this guy doesnt seem to multidot with enemygrid , im not sure how he did it , is it tab targeting? i dont understand how he was so accurate because tab isnt so reliable, i mean how do you even refresh dots with it , its very hard without enemygrid.

Personally I tab target. In raids it isn't as unreliable as it is doing WQs, although I agree they broke tab targeting when 7.0 came out, it just doesn't work right.

After that though, and this has always been seen as crazy and sinful in the WoW community, but I also click. I have no keybindings at all. Yes, I can get to 100+ stacks in S2M.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

That's how I play too. In addition to the that, I program targetting macros into my buttons, which works for 90% of fights. Occasionally, there will be a council fight or something where I have to get creative, but these are few and far between. In recent times, the biggest improvement in my gameplay has been shuffling my UI around the screen to get everything in the center of the screen. I have met players better than me, who demonstrated an advantage over my playstyle, but the difference in our performance could be measured in such small degrees that it would have only made a difference if we were racing in world first guilds. Even then, I think youth, intelligence, computer, and Internet connection probably played larger factors in our performance than UI style.

Short of it is that, at least in my case, people place way too much stock in play style. It's not that it doesn't matter. Just it's not as big of a deal as people want to think.

I don't know what Viklund is doing, but in my experience at that level of play there's always some major addons and macros being utilized. I would not even be surprised to see someone keybind an entire instance worth of boss fights into their UI if it gave them an advantage. In general, work smarter, not harder. Always look for ways to reduce the amount of effort you're putting into it. Also always look for the angle. If someone seems to be playing in a a way that seems to good to be real, often they are using some custom mod or something like that. Not always, but like 99% of the time...
    "Falling from heaven is not as painful as surviving the impact."

DPS Loss - my guild on Proudmoore
    The Old Guard - my guild on Earthen Ring
    Revenant - my guild on Echo Isles

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post

I just use mouse over macros for my dot's and my void bolt (cause I need to refresh dots) . That is what Viklund also uses (also with focus macros) as he has stated in his stream .

I don't trust void bolt mouse over macros. I'm paranoid that I will be deep in surrender when I accidentally press VB with my mouse just derping over some out of range/behind me target (other groups dragon? Some random out of range add?) and instantly die.

Deleted
    Have 2 questions...

- can someone post a working mouseover macro for swp/vt?
    - about xavius. in the last phase under 35% and with s2m, how do you handle tentacles? ive tried alt tab and doesnt really work well there since they are all around, ive also tried enemygrid but i noticed few problems with that (and anyway its not gonna work in 7.1 so pointless to even master it around that), so i guess the way to go is with mouseover macros. but how many tentacles do you dot and with what and when? you just vt/swp instead of mindflay and then MB/VB on xavius? the issue with me is that sometimes adds die really fast with mages/hunters so if i put 2 dots on an add that dies right after 2 seconds it sucks, also at the end of the s2m phase im always worried that if i dont use that short flay when possible (basically every 2 VB) i migth die... so wondering how you guys do it. any suggestions? thank you!
    Last edited by mmoca542e793be; 2016-10-24 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rinelki View Post
    Have 2 questions...

- can someone post a working mouseover macro for swp/vt?
    - about xavius. in the last phase under 35% and with s2m, how do you handle tentacles? ive tried alt tab and doesnt really work well there since they are all around, ive also tried enemygrid but i noticed few problems with that (and anyway its not gonna work in 7.1 so pointless to even master it around that), so i guess the way to go is with mouseover macros. but how many tentacles do you dot and with what and when? you just vt/swp instead of mindflay and then MB/VB on xavius? the issue with me is that sometimes adds die really fast with mages/hunters so if i put 2 dots on an add that dies right after 2 seconds it sucks, also at the end of the s2m phase im always worried that if i dont use that short flay when possible (basically every 2 VB) i migth die... so wondering how you guys do it. any suggestions? thank you!
    Code:
    /cast [@mouseover,harm,nodead][] Shadow Word: Pain
    Code:
    /cast [@mouseover,harm,nodead][] Vampiric Touch
    Also, on xavius: you ignore the tentacles. Cleave classes can cleave them if they want, and you could mouseover-dot a few of them to get a few extra spirits out of them, but as soon as the insanity drain starts getting into the high numbers(50+ stacks is already an issue for me), you stop focusing adds and focus solely on Xavius. That means you'll rely on your allies to kill horrors as well, while you tunnel the boss. VT/SWP provide very little insanity upfront so you dont want to be switching targets too much, ESPECIALLY when targets die as easily as they do on Xavius. And again, you usually ignore tentacles simply because they are not worth killing: they spawn too fast and you need to kill Xavius asap on that phase, as well as the horrors being higher priority due to their AoE if they get close to Xavius.

So, my advice is to trust your allies and tunnel the boss. Throw a few SWP to generate extra spirits if you have insanity to spare, but be careful at higher stack count.

Also if you want focus macros:
    Code:
    /cast [@focus,harm,nodead][] Shadow Word: Pain
    Code:
    /cast [@focus,harm,nodead][] Vampiric Touch
    and, if you want to, you can use a priority one: Mouseover if there's a valid target, if not cast on focus if it's a valid target, if not just the normal target:

Code:
    /cast [@mouseover,harm,nodead][@focus,harm,nodead][] Shadow Word: Pain
    Code:
    /cast [@mouseover,harm,nodead][@focus,harm,nodead][] Vampiric Touch

Also the macros for Void Bolt:
    Code:
    /cast [@mouseover,harm,nodead][] Void Eruption
    Code:
    /cast [@focus,harm,nodead][] Void Eruption
    Code:
    /cast [@mouseover,harm,nodead][@focus,harm,nodead][] Void Eruption
    Void Eruption is used here because Void Bolt is just another form of Void Eruption when you're in Voidform, similar to how you can /cast Psychic Scream to cast Mind Bomb as well as /cast Shadow Word: Pain to cast Purge the Wicked if you're a Discipline Priest.
    Last edited by Zephirdd; 2016-10-24 at 04:50 PM.