Quote Originally Posted by BradySafety View Post
    That doesn't make any sense because bough of corruption will do the same amount of damage on any number of targets. Say one stack does 5k damage. In the case of one target vs three targets, when the one target has 3 stacks the trinket deals 15k damage. In the same time, 3 stacks are spread around to the 3 targets, one on each target, still yielding 15k damage. Which is one of the reasons why the trinket is so bad. If you get a proc on the boss and there a multiple low health around it, you will waste and lose stacks of the dot because the low health target dies.
    Not anymore. It now spreads a stack to ALL nearby enemies at once. So the trinket straight up gains value for each additional target.

God I had forgotten how retarded it is to manage dots on multiple targets without enemy grid...

Why did Blizzard feel the need to break it? It just presented the information the client shows in an easier format.
    A working format, considering how nameplates still move around and overlap all the time...

Its not so bad in raids when were rarely dealing with more then 3 targets (outside of trash) but doing instances today was hell ><
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Deleted
    Nice, got an 860 int/haste statstick trinket today. Its such high ilevel it's not even on the itemlist. Judging the 855 one that is though, its rather nice

Quote Originally Posted by Sxq View Post
    Not anymore. It now spreads a stack to ALL nearby enemies at once. So the trinket straight up gains value for each additional target.
    Huh... I didn't know they changed that. That's how it should have always been. Thanks for the correction!

Huh... I didn't know they changed that. That's how it should have always been. Thanks for the correction!
    Agreed. It now kind of fulfils its fantasy as a 'nightmare corruption' item as well as fitting with the shadow priest playstyle by default. So I'm pretty convinced that it has the highest value of any proc trinket in terms of raw damage, but obviously doesn't enhance our ability to stay in surrender to madness. However since I'm sitting comfortably at 12k haste even with it I'm not too worried atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    God I had forgotten how retarded it is to manage dots on multiple targets without enemy grid...

Why did Blizzard feel the need to break it? It just presented the information the client shows in an easier format.
    A working format, considering how nameplates still move around and overlap all the time...

Its not so bad in raids when were rarely dealing with more then 3 targets (outside of trash) but doing instances today was hell ><
    My theory is they got really annoyed when nobody was using their 'fixed' tab targeting that they spent so much time pushing, so now we've got no choice.

And then they switched back to the even-more-broken WoD tab-targeting logic to twist the knife.

I'm really hoping they revert some of the nameplate changes, but I doubt it'll happen. EnemyGrid will be missed.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

This just popped... only happend once when i dropped shadowform.

Deleted
    hi, old or new pots is the best?

The new pots aren't better, they're cheaper. Vastly cheaper. Like, I bought a stack of 100 for the same price that I'd pay for seven Deadly Grace pots. Prolonged Power is 35 gold each on my server, Deadly Grace is still sitting above 500g.

Prolonged Power is worse overall, but the value for money can't be beat.

Don't underestimate the stam bonus of the new pots either. Giving your raid ~10% extra hp for a whole minute is really good. Made the final minute of mythic ursoc trivial for my guild.

Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    The new pots aren't better, they're cheaper. Vastly cheaper. Like, I bought a stack of 100 for the same price that I'd pay for seven Deadly Grace pots. Prolonged Power is 35 gold each on my server, Deadly Grace is still sitting above 500g.

Prolonged Power is worse overall, but the value for money can't be beat.
    What are you basing this off of? Just because they are cheaper doesn't mean they are worse. I feel the new pots are better on the pull and as a 2nd pot. We hardly get any use of deadly grace at all on the pull since it will take 15-20 seconds to get into voidform. Deadly grace may be able to compete as a 2nd pot for single target but I bet as soon as there's another target the prolonged power pot will yield more dps.

I'm basing it off my use of them last night, simulation (AMR's simulator, which is not well received but I'm fairly certain it can handle this, because Simcraft doesn't seem to have fully updated), and this: if they aren't worse than the expensive pots, Blizzard will probably make them worse. Think about it: what would be the point of making pots that are both insanely cheaper and also actually better than the current potions? There's no call for it.

However, there is assuredly a niche for "cheaper, inferior" potions that needed to be filled, just like there are cheaper, inferior gems and enchants available. I am fully confident that Blizzard understands that, if nothing else, and made these things worse than Deadly Grace.

What are you basing this off of? Just because they are cheaper doesn't mean they are worse. I feel the new pots are better on the pull and as a 2nd pot. We hardly get any use of deadly grace at all on the pull since it will take 15-20 seconds to get into voidform. Deadly grace may be able to compete as a 2nd pot for single target but I bet as soon as there's another target the prolonged power pot will yield more dps.
    Why do we need to be in voidform for Deadly Grace?
    Its dmg is not dependent on our damage, just spells cast which we do plenty even outside of voidform.
    From my logs my damage when pre-potting is within normal deviation of the rest of the raid.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Why do we need to be in voidform for Deadly Grace?
    Its dmg is not dependent on our damage, just spells cast which we do plenty even outside of voidform.
    From my logs my damage when pre-potting is within normal deviation of the rest of the raid.
    Old voidform buffed all damage by 20%, so as far as I know, using DG in voidform means it did 20% more damage. As of 7.1 shadowform and voidform apparently only buff shadow damage so it shouldn't matter now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    I'd like WoW to be a single player game

Quote Originally Posted by blargh312 View Post
    Old voidform buffed all damage by 20%, so as far as I know, using DG in voidform means it did 20% more damage. As of 7.1 shadowform and voidform apparently only buff shadow damage so it shouldn't matter now.
    Only the tooltip stated all damage, while the actual spelldata only ever had "shadow" in it, and i'm pretty sure it only ever affected shadow damage.

Yeah that was a tooltip error on blizzards part. IRT the new potion, currently better to pre pot with DG and use new pot during StM.

Maybe it's just rng but my DG 2nd pots seemed much better consistently then the other pot during raid last night

I looked for the answer briefly, but couldn't find it: What's the significance of the 12k haste rating cap?

Quote Originally Posted by FrothyMug View Post
    I looked for the answer briefly, but couldn't find it: What's the significance of the 12k haste rating cap?
    Hitting your third Void Torrent consistently in StM. That's your breakpoint basically.