Quote Originally Posted by Shaoxy View Post
    can someone explain to meh how whispers in the dark is so good for priest? i assumed it sucked since the negative effect comes afterwards and therefore nerfs the voiform when we have higher stacks, but i also havent done much research on it yet.
    It's a case of good outweighs the bad. Its REALLY strong, and then for 8 sec you have less haste, eh. Either you tough it out in low VF, or disperse and only have to deal with 2 sec of the negative side. The negative side isn't really THAT bad.

Presumably, as the trinket buff doesn't affect MB or VB's recharge, the debuff also doesn't affect MB or VB. That would mean your insanity generation is not as bad during the debuff as you'd think.

Seems The Twins' Painful Touch applies to next two Mind Flays now? I think they fixed the bug with queue'd Mind Flay not triggering, which may mean two spreads is a resulting bug. But I'm hoping they gave it 2 charges to offset indirect nerf with Mind Sear removal :O

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ttylol View Post
    Seems The Twins' Painful Touch applies to next two Mind Flays now? I think they fixed the bug with queue'd Mind Flay not triggering, which may mean two spreads is a resulting bug. But I'm hoping they gave it 2 charges to offset indirect nerf with Mind Sear removal :O
    edit: oh nvm, u mean with nighthold? havent tried it then

but here is a video where you could "bug" it with the new mindflay, even tho you couldnt trigger it while queued https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXNKSRai6AE . i get the patch tomorrow only, i will try to do 2 or 3 proccs and post a video (you can do 3 proccs atm, but it is harder and seems more random).
    Last edited by mmoca071fc0233; 2017-01-18 at 02:10 AM.

Did the most recent hotfix nerf affect our stat priority? With the dot damage being lowered so much are we back to hast>crit>mastery>versa?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubalazi View Post
    From the H2P Discord

http://i.imgur.com/MS3J1kQ.png
    Don't see the Darkmoon Deck, is it considered that inferior now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Slammin Shaman View Post
    Did the most recent hotfix nerf affect our stat priority? With the dot damage being lowered so much are we back to hast>crit>mastery>versa?
    No, it's still haste to 12000 (less with legendary shoulders or if you're a goblin, The Best Race), crit to 4000, then mastery

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    No, it's still haste to 12000 (less with legendary shoulders or if you're a goblin, The Best Race), crit to 4000, then mastery
    I am a goblin and have the shoulders, anyone know how much haste could I save for other stats ...?

How valuable is the 4pc? I'd be swapping out with 895 items that have optimized stats for 885. Not sure if it's worth it because of all the terrible secondary stats

10+ Year Old Account
    got 900 whispers. what should i swap? darkmoon deck or 850 shock-baton?

Quote Originally Posted by Dubalazi View Post
    From the H2P Discord

http://i.imgur.com/MS3J1kQ.png
    Don't know how much I believe this sheet considering it has TW ranked so high... unless it got a major buff and I wasn't aware.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hendo741 View Post
    Don't know how much I believe this sheet considering it has TW ranked so high... unless it got a major buff and I wasn't aware.
    In the H2P post about trinket, they said TW was simming higher than it's actual dps. But you have to read the full post and not just blankly watch the picture linked above

15+ Year Old Account
    I got a 940 Twin's Painful Touch with a socket yesterday, it's soooo good, I love it

It's awkward to use and such, it might not be the best DPS legendary - but free DoTs are never bad!

Also I'm pretty happy with Shadow now, I still have tons of ideas for tweaks and improvements they won't listen to - but overall I definitely prefer our current state to our S2M-dependent state up until now in Legion.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    I got a 940 Twin's Painful Touch with a socket yesterday, it's soooo good, I love it

It's awkward to use and such, it might not be the best DPS legendary - but free DoTs are never bad!

Also I'm pretty happy with Shadow now, I still have tons of ideas for tweaks and improvements they won't listen to - but overall I definitely prefer our current state to our S2M-dependent state up until now in Legion.
    The ring was alot better when you could control when you could use up the proc. I didn't think it would be so bad, but I was wrong, it's pretty shit. I might even swap it for Prydaz and use misery instead. Not like multi-dotting is much of an option in Nighthold. All the adds just melt to the DH and fire mage AoE anyway.

Atleast we are masters at single target right?! Oh yeah, we're mediocre at that now too. Good for nothing!
    Last edited by whywhatwhowhenhow; 2017-01-18 at 11:42 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickyick79 View Post
    The ring was alot better when you could control when you could use up the proc. I didn't think it would be so bad, but I was wrong, it's pretty shit. I might even swap it for Prydaz and use misery instead. Not like multi-dotting is much of an option in Nighthold. All the adds just melt to the DH and fire mage AoE anyway.
    My secret is that I only have one DPS DH, and I don't recruit fire mages

Perks of being the GM/RL/Shadowpriest
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickyick79 View Post

Atleast we are masters at single target right?! Oh yeah, we're mediocre at that now too. Good for nothing!
    Medicore at best. My damage was much lower than I thought it would be.

Lets hope set bonuses will compensate.

Quote Originally Posted by rahotep View Post
    In the H2P post about trinket, they said TW was simming higher than it's actual dps. But you have to read the full post and not just blankly watch the picture linked above
    I have both Twisting Wind which has always been a damp squib and Bough of corruption - same situation.

Both appear to be putting out higher DPS than before but it's hard to quantify them against my (much lower ilvl) stat sticks.

For now I will swap and change them around to see if I get any useful info

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post

It's pretty shit in raids tbh. I'm using Pryduz over it because its completely rng whether you even spread one dot.

I like the shadow playstyle alot right now. The only thing I would like is that putting a dot on a target for the first time generates the same insanity as a Voidbolt, so that you don't get punished for trying to dot new targets but that's a very happy moment when an extra mob spawns that you can dot. Cause that is what we should be all about, dotting shit up.

So, with nerfs of rppm trinkets, would I get better results replacing my 870 Oakheart and 875 plagueheart to 860 int/crit and 860 int/haste statsticks?
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Deleted
    Between the Magnum Opus and the Bracers, which would be best to upgrade to 940 first?