Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    shadowfiend + 8 points in the new traits that increase SF duration + the belt + SI + t20 4p = Shadowbeastmaster Priest
    Currently, on the PTR, that Shadowfiend duration trait also works on Mindbender at 100% value. 33 seconds of Mindbender with like a 50 second CD? Yes, please.

Im actually having a trinket problem now. Ive got a lvl900 Chronoshard with Socket,a Fury of the Burning Sky lvl915 and a Helya Mastery Statstick lvl880. Single target wise,which would you choose? Im tending to use the first two.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brolthor View Post
    Im actually having a trinket problem now. Ive got a lvl900 Chronoshard with Socket,a Fury of the Burning Sky lvl915 and a Helya Mastery Statstick lvl880. Single target wise,which would you choose? Im tending to use the first two.
    If you still get to ~10k haste I would go with the two mastery trinkets, Chrono isn´t such a huge deal

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoslock View Post
    Hey guys,

My guild is struggling with Normal NH and alot of dps are lacking, I have seen Spriest pull crazy dps in pug raids and was wondering if our spriest is on par for his item lvl or if there's something maybe he is not doing correctly, any suggestions would be great.

Logs: warcraftlogs.com/reports/8vxj2LbrzgWh4Y3X#fight=1&type=damage-done

Armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Lorisora/simple
    Not trying to be mean but he basically did everything wrong
    Talent choice and itemization are very bad and most importantly he doesn't know about the rotation at all ( he used sf and pi on pull. 50% voidform etc)
    He should be pulling at least 100k more dps with these gears

PS i only looked at krosus

Should I sim my stat weights? I heard simc does not work well for SP and its better to use weights from OP. Its true?

If we're dropping logs here can someone help me figure out why my single target is so awful? I feel like it isn't any of the common problems like vf uptime or cd usage. I seriously just seem to do less damage than other priests, even in my ilvl bracket. It's honestly driving me crazy because I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. For whatever reason it's single target specifically that I have trouble with, and I feel like I should be squeezing out more damage with my gear.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...iew=analytical
    Resident BM Asshole

Deleted
    I am not seeing any huge, glaring problems. You are kinda low on Mastery but that is mostly down to your gear.
    However your Void Bolt % is lower than mine (and other Shadow Priests that were in the same run).

Here's my HC Star Augur performance.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=19
    Last edited by mmoc70129fcef2; 2017-02-26 at 09:30 PM.

Well you have the shackles, that's why your vb is doing more damage.
    Resident BM Asshole

I made a thread a week or so ago and didn't get any replies so I guess I'll try here. My dps is way below what I'm used to doing right now. In previous raids I usually parse at 50% at least and I cant figure out why I'm so low now. My characters name is Endarus. Any help or advice you could give would be helpful. I haven't had great luck with legendaries so the best I have are equipped and I'm trying to get my mastery higher to switch to Sanlayn. Haste is low because of the switch to 4 piece and I got that at the end of the night. Thanks in advance for your help.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/BTwRk2cDhYLZd8bf
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Endarus/simple
    Last edited by Vorakus; 2017-02-27 at 05:53 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorakus View Post
    I made a thread a week or so ago and didn't get any replies so I guess I'll try here. My dps is way below what I'm used to doing right now. In previous raids I usually parse at 50% at least and I cant figure out why I'm so low now. My characters name is Endarus. Any help or advice you could give would be helpful. I haven't had great luck with legendaries so the best I have are equipped and I'm trying to get my mastery higher to switch to Sanlayn. Haste is low because of the switch to 4 piece and I got that at the end of the night. Thanks in advance for your help.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/BTwRk2cDhYLZd8bf
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Endarus/simple
    Well first off, you should really run some more M+, mainly to replace your bracers/neck/ring which are pretty terrible and second, to get some more legendaries (the shoulders are pretty good btw, what do you have besides Twins´?).

Now, the fights:

On Skorp, your damage doesnt really matter anyways, If you want to pad meters a bit, you can try to play SC, Misery and maybe Pharamere´s for it, that does some good Dps.

Chronomatic: You enter VF 15 sec in the fight, that´s way too late, then you should cast your first VoiTorrent immediatly after your 5 Void Bolts at the beginning of your first VF and not in your second VF 1:15 into the fight(?). You dotted none of the small adds, and you refreshed your dots on the boss, which you shouldnt need to. Then, probably the biggest mistake, you used PI only once in a 3 minute fight, you should aim to use PI at about 17-23 stacks in your FIRST VF, that also gives you way more add damage, and you could have used it again in BL.

Trilliax: You use Void Torrent ONLY ONCE IN 5:20??? You should have 5 VoidTorrents in a 5 minute fight... Also again, PI in your second Voidform at 14 seconds, see above. Also you have VFs in which you only use 3 Void Bolts, why? You should have way more of them, press it on CD. On top, you have to recast your dots on the boss about 10 times, that´s where you pay for not using enough Void Bolts.

Aluriel: Again, PI usage, see above, you only dot 1 Icey Enchantment, you should easily be able to dot all of them, overall you just need to do way more add damage.

Tichondrius: You use your PI seemingly randomly, always at 2 stacks of VF, same with your Shadowfiend, at least you dotted the adds.

Well, I´m not going to go through all of your fights I think you got the problems now, you have a terrible CD usage, PI, Shadowfiend and Void Torrent combined, and your Void Bolt usage/damage on adds needs some revision too. I would advise you to have a look at some kill videos or guides. That on top of the gear gets you these low percentages, but I would think your gear is good enough for doing 80% parses easily.

I hope that was of some help for you

Today was a very bad day. Tried to do some battlegrounds with pugs and it was a nightmare. That however wasn't what annoyed me. What annoyed me was the last group I joined.

It was an only german group that had like 2100 rating requirement. When I asked how much rating players he needed he didn't bother to answer. I queued for it and he immediately invited me without even asking if I can speak German or if I have the rating required for what he needed. I found out almost all the group was from 1900 to 2050 rating and I was the only one sitting at 1550. So I didn't understand a thing he said in Teamspeak and he refused to speak english. In the end after two lost games he made a conclusion that I had no damage, no skills and no correct talents. And that stings when I had a 2.5k arena in the past and hear a know it all spouting bullshit. Of course I would not be able to do much damage since everyone trained me (I'm a Shadowpriest). And a newbie telling a veteran from Vanilla how to play a shadowpriest is I really don't know how to describe it. What skills have to do with if I get trained by literally everyone?

In General that stings a little. Was it my fault I joined or was it his fault he invited me without even asking if I speak the language or if I have the rating?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Piekus View Post
    Today was a very bad day. Tried to do some battlegrounds with pugs and it was a nightmare. That however wasn't what annoyed me. What annoyed me was the last group I joined.

It was an only german group that had like 2100 rating requirement. When I asked how much rating players he needed he didn't bother to answer. I queued for it and he immediately invited me without even asking if I can speak German or if I have the rating required for what he needed. I found out almost all the group was from 1900 to 2050 rating and I was the only one sitting at 1550. So I didn't understand a thing he said in Teamspeak and he refused to speak english. In the end after two lost games he made a conclusion that I had no damage, no skills and no correct talents. And that stings when I had a 2.5k arena in the past and hear a know it all spouting bullshit. Of course I would not be able to do much damage since everyone trained me (I'm a Shadowpriest). And a newbie telling a veteran from Vanilla how to play a shadowpriest is I really don't know how to describe it. What skills have to do with if I get trained by literally everyone?

In General that stings a little. Was it my fault I joined or was it his fault he invited me without even asking if I speak the language or if I have the rating?
    Not sure if that the right place to post that but don't overthink it... people are stupid/assholes sometimes. Carry on with your day like nothing happened.

Homophobia is so gay.

Deleted
    So, I have a pretty theorycrafty question here, maybe some of you guys have some more experience than me, I´m a bit stuck here:

So basically, I got the leg shoulders and now I´m struggling with my stats and I dont know what my best option is:

I can either go:

Legendary shoulders + metronome + whispers which gets me to 8.8k haste and 9.8k mastery (I think my haste is too low here, but theoretically this is my BiS gear)

Legendary shoulders + metronome + Pharameres which gets me to 10k haste (Is this better than whispers? I really dont know how important the 10k haste is in comparison to the trinket proc/usable)

Sephuz instead of shoulders + metr. + whispers which gets me to 10k haste but only 8.5k mastery (Can Sephuz be equally strong if I can proc it consistantly? This lets me wear Whispers without losing the 10k haste)

So yeah, my second leg are the bracers which I´m not going to switch out, anyone who could give some advise on Whispers/ the importance of 10k haste? Would really appreciate it!!

http://http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/c...kohol/advanced

shoulders+metro+whispers except maybe for botanist where you'd want Pharamere's. Metronome brings the "10k threshold" down a bit to about 9.5k(870 version) or 9.3k(885 version). Whispers also push that down further, but you'd need to sim/try it out on practice to be sure.

The whole 10k/12k threshold exist as a baseline, but it's hard to hit them with current gear. They are also points at which Mastery becomes increasingly more valuable, but it doesn't mean you just stop getting haste - haste is always an increase to your damage, it just might not be as big of an increase as Mastery after those points.

So you can simply enchant/gem for haste and go shoulder+metro+whisper and you'll be fine. Just try to avoid those trinkets if you ever want to play S2M(say, on botanist or Star Augur).

Sudden possible riches... 870 LFR hat to complete a 4-piece, or 905 crit/haste hat?

Quote Originally Posted by Onyd View Post
    Sudden possible riches... 870 LFR hat to complete a 4-piece, or 905 crit/haste hat?
    4-piece until you get something to use instead of the head, so save the 905 hat

Quote Originally Posted by Onyd View Post
    Update, seems not an upgrade based on some playtesting. Dropping 1209 (3.6%) haste and 504 intellect is not worth the extra void bolts right now. However not disenchanting the hat.

2 piece:

intellect 41296
    critical strike 7666
    haste 11387
    mastery 6209
    versatility 2363

4 piece:

intellect 40792
    critical strike 7187
    haste 10178
    mastery 6979
    versatility 2968

Deleted
    Maybe it doesn´t seem like an immediate dps increase, because it actually isnt that much raw dps, but remember, it lets you basically cast while moving an refreshes your dots by a lot, thats not negligible. I would probably go with 4-set too

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainAlkohol View Post
    Maybe it doesn´t seem like an immediate dps increase, because it actually isnt that much raw dps, but remember, it lets you basically cast while moving an refreshes your dots by a lot, thats not negligible. I would probably go with 4-set too
    It seemed like a dps decrease after reviewing my damage and dps from several nighthold fights. It seemed like the haste and intellect reductions (removing crit/haste hat and haste/mastery/socket cloak) weren't offset by the 4-piece bonus.

Looks like a case of how the general theory (I want 4 piece) has some corner cases (but not if I drop tons of haste and some intellect in dropping 2 item levels).

I have the Whispers of the Dark and recently I got Normal Metronome. What is the Ideal Haste to have with Metronome?