It feels drain insanity is faster. Didnt they stealth nerf insanity?

If you are being affected by this, then your insanity generation will be reduced since 7.2
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20753945914

7+ Year Old Account
    Being so close to 7.2.5 we prolly won't see big changes but my fantasy list changes would be new talents that interact with VF utility wise. Replacing DM and Void Ray. Making the most mandatory talent in the game for a spec, ToF, baseline. Having a new talent or baseline ability that behaves like Dispersion where for the next X seconds all your dots snapshot their current damage and haste you currently have and can continue casting. I def feel like our talents still lack major wow factors/flavor.

I wish we didn't have yet another set bonus that gives us shadow fiend as a st damage bonus button. Would prefer the damage coming out from us. Maybe alternating between having dots doing bigger damage or having bigger nuke damage for multidot or st bonus damage respectively. Having SF might be nice for ST but we will still be behind in everything else since the spec isnt being changed in any other department and largely if not all of our toolkit staying the same. Maybe give SF cleave?

Also Mind Bomb is way too dominant right now with sephuz. Would love to see something else proccing it and replacing dominate mind's current iteration.

STM being used on farm fights is annoying af. Why do I want to keep dying after every fight just to clear something ive already done and only given great but not huge damage like before. It should be given a 5 min CD but can only be used once per fight and amplify the shit out of the next VF with no death component and stay the same with it's multipliers, insanity gain and free movement for that 1 VF.

The artifact trait Sphere of Insanity being buffed or some shit. Its so boring and lackluster in both damage and gameplay.

One of the 4 new artifact traits (pref the golden trait) should've had an interaction with VTor making it hit harder per SWP applied capped at X targets or have any targets afflicted with both dots burst with aoe damage while casting VTor. The haste bonus is ok but nothing that I feel gameplay wise nor did it get me hype to have gotten it or nor did i get excited when I first read about the new traits neither when I got any of the new traits.

Lastly our legendaries are so simple compared to the majority of classes. They are small jumps to dps but just that. Nothing gameplay changing or have that WOW factor.

They should've given Spriests a lot of the simpler and smoother mechanics we get from legendaries and talents baseline and give us interesting new mechanics that change our playstyle dramatically to differ from encounter to encounter. Right now we struggle imo because no matter what we choose we still play the same in all encounters aoe, st, burst, long lived, short lived, pvp it doesn't matter so we excel in some but largely lack in most.

Also being decked out in all high ass itmlvl gear doesn't mean we can crush shit in lower tier/ less difficult content but see many classes rise big time leaving us still ramping up. I love progression and all but would have def loved to see and feel my power anywhere I go.

My 2c.
    Last edited by RsinRC; 2017-04-19 at 11:40 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Seeing other classes get hotfix damage buffs and waiting for them to acknowledge Shadow:

Each time I see "Priest" in a blue post my heart pumps faster, then it almost stops when I read DISCIPLINE or HOLY but nothing about shadow... Sad...

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrion View Post
    Each time I see "Priest" in a blue post my heart pumps faster, then it almost stops when I read DISCIPLINE or HOLY but nothing about shadow... Sad...
    Well, at least you get excited. Discipline players get confused by the experimental changes and holy scared about what's going to be nerfed next (well..it's going to be divinity yet again)

Seeing other classes get hotfix damage buffs and waiting for them to acknowledge Shadow:

I really don't understand the need for marks buffs. Top tier marks hunters were already demolishing Mythic + RBGs and were very competitive in raids. Probably has to do with the Icyveins guide for marks being shit which makes 90% of the player base shit aswell.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The team would rather you take a slightly less geared Warlock rather than a third Hunter.
    ...and they'd rather your Shadow Priest unsub than raid at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The team would rather you take a slightly less geared Warlock rather than a third Hunter.
    ...and they'd rather your Shadow Priest unsub than raid at all.
    No point. Those 60 pesky raptors you have to kill for the WQ take so long you will not have time to raid anyway.

*sw: p one raptor*
    *primary target dies, everything else has 70% hp*
    - Repeat -

As oposed to playing any other class and spec going
    * AOEAOEAOEAOEAOEAOE... oh look, quest complete. *
    All hail Ion Itsgonnacostus, the overlord of hypocracy

Hey all, I've been having a hard time choosing a ranged dps to play since I enjoy shadow a lot but I've been playing my warlock but it's not as exciting to play. I was wondering if people have been complaining to blizz in regards to shadow and improving them on twitter?

Quote Originally Posted by Angelknight52 View Post
    I was wondering if people have been complaining to blizz
    I would mark that down as a strong yes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Something thats been floating on my mind is how they can add flavor and functionality to mindflay and make the spec work better and smoother. It'd be pretty dope to have mindflay behave like Soothing Mist and have 2 spells attached to it. While casting MindFlay you can hit the new spell and it'll 'blow up' your dots for aoe damage with a short CD or while casting MindFlay you use the new spell and it'll spread dots everytime you use it.

Might add flavor but unfortunately we don't use MF as much in our rotation. Just a thought though.

I really think VF should be our 3 min baseline CD where our damage increases the longer you stay in it and once it runs out you stay with a haste buff for a few seconds. Instead if being part of the rotation. The high mountains and low valleys type of gameplay doesn't work effectively in this game and it's starting to show much more than ever.

I'm not inherently opposed to the idea of getting rid of Shadow's feast-or-famine gameplay and keeping the style and flare of Voidform as a three minute CD, but I wonder what Voidform as a three minute CD would look like. I would assume this would mean getting rid of Insanity as a resource, so what mechanic would you use to extend Voidform's CD-- just extend the duration by ~3 seconds every time you cast Mind Blast maybe?

In any event, I agree that the peaks-and-valleys gameplay is cool in concept but yeah, it's starting to seem like a poor fit for the way raid encounters, and the game in general, is designed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Exactly how I would see it working. Each tick of dots and flay/sear make the dimishing buff last longer and have AS/talents contribute for better aoe. MB would have the biggest contribution to it. Would last 10 sec total with no damage done and up to 20s ST and 30s on good aoe pulls. 2min would make it feel almost the same as now going up and down in damage but 3min would make it behave and feel like a true damage CD.

Even letting VB be part of VF is kool with me with this ieration of VF. But basically it's scrapping everything they've done to make the spec play like a 'normal' kind of DD again. Kinda sucks cuz i truelly enjoy how it plays. Though the lack of variety in playstyles within the talents is really what bothers me and may be adding to the 'hit and miss' kind of gameplay we're stuck in till who knows how long.

At this point idk why they would object to their original talent Oblivion with the addition of a damage multiplier or inta burst attached to it when used outside VF and leaving it the same when used inside a VF. Our ramp up time sucks. Not so much the ramp up but also not having ToF at the start hurts a lot.

What if they make ToF work at >80% and <20%? Would it help? Might be on to something.

I love the idea of reverse execute talents, but Twist of Fate is already a 100% lock to be taken in any row that it's in. Twist of Fate really doesn't need to be buffed.

7+ Year Old Account
    If it by some magic mushroom miracle it becomes baseline, why not? Js. We can't have everything though lol. Just wishful thinking.

is there a reason why void eruption isn't instant cast? it just feels so clunky to me that we have to cast it. we take sooooo damn long to ramp up and then on top of it when we hit our peak we have to sit there and hardcast it.

it honestly just seems like a slap in the face for it not to be instant cast.. lt feels so damn fluid when you pvp and can just instantly shift.

Every time somebody in the year of our lord 2017 uses the phrase "slap in the face" in the context of gameplay mechanics Blizzard adds another shitty mechanic to shadow. I can't say that I blame them.

It's not instant because this is an expansion about torturing casters and glorifying melee DPS. Making casters less mobile is one aspect of that.

Somehow I am happy that they added NYI to our set bonus tooltip on PTR.

I think this will last until approximately the time when they change it to a buff to MF damage.

we could originally toggle voidform instantly back in beta but they decided to make it a pvp talent because that garbage system only exists to ruin core class design. having to cast that shit is one of the most disgusting design decisions i've seen in this game

also they did say that t20 is going to be available to test soon, which could be why they tagged some specs tier as NYI since it won't be working. i really doubt these clowns would do anything positive for the spec anymore since they clearly think their job is done after 7.1.5 and nothing wrong can come from the omnipotent class design overlords, only PERFECTION

Quote Originally Posted by Wooblez View Post
    is there a reason why void eruption isn't instant cast? it just feels so clunky to me that we have to cast it. we take sooooo damn long to ramp up and then on top of it when we hit our peak we have to sit there and hardcast it.

it honestly just seems like a slap in the face for it not to be instant cast.. lt feels so damn fluid when you pvp and can just instantly shift.
    This is the main problem with everything in the shadow toolkit, lots of great and completely reasonable PVE talents got stuffed away into the PVP talents and even some legendary effects should just have been talents instead of their own legendary. You can't tell me that a Twins Painful Touch type talent wouldn't have just been better than giving it to a legendary item and having to create these talents that are completely noncompetitive against one another in each tier.
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.