15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RsinRC View Post
    So VTor has a new coloration visual on the PTR. At least it seems brighter with more colors in it. Can anyone confirm or are my new glasses fucking with me? lol
    ya it looks prismatic and shit
    Sig by Safhira

Deleted
    'Just make it so that the first SWP and VT you put on a mob generates 16 insanity. So that when new mobs spawn you just wanna start chaining your dots on them.'

That is actually such a fantastic idea, solves ramp up time in one fell swoop. Applying VT or SWP on a unit not affected by it generates 20 insanity, then also make VEruption instant.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jobbly View Post
    'Just make it so that the first SWP and VT you put on a mob generates 16 insanity. So that when new mobs spawn you just wanna start chaining your dots on them.'

That is actually such a fantastic idea, solves ramp up time in one fell swoop. Applying VT or SWP on a unit not affected by it generates 20 insanity, then also make VEruption instant.
    If this is all it takes to solve the ramp up issues, Blood Elves would already have solved this issue with Arcane Torrent. This would be a start, but between Mass Hysteria and Voidform's haste, the ramp up is still firmly there.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ramp we say. Yet technically we can't even start an encounter at 100 insanity. They purposely want us to build it all up. Thats the problem. They have Lingering Insanity as a talent cuz they want us starting each VF from 1 baseline which is imo retarded. If the spec is all about rise and falls i dont get the logic of also having to feel super sluggish in between VFs without LI when we lose MH anyway.

Basically.

All the good ideas in the world about how to reduce ramp up aren't worth anything if Blizzard wants us to have ramp-up. A better tact would be convincing them why it's a problem (because, somehow, it's not self-evident to them that Shadow having significant ramp-up with no benefit is dumb).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    If this is all it takes to solve the ramp up issues, Blood Elves would already have solved this issue with Arcane Torrent. This would be a start, but between Mass Hysteria and Voidform's haste, the ramp up is still firmly there.
    I was thinking primarily about M+, where are set back to 300k dps at the beginning of every pack. Over 5-10m long boss fights ramp up is of course less relevant.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jobbly View Post
    I was thinking primarily about M+, where are set back to 300k dps at the beginning of every pack. Over 5-10m long boss fights ramp up is of course less relevant.
    While I do like it, we will have a better alternative when the new leggy ring drops where we will be able to combo the ring with Shadow word: Void. So I bet thats their answer to that problem as it's very clar that every useful thing that should be baseline they turn it into a legendary or a set bonus.

Something completely different: I feel like haste is way too strong until you reach, let's say 12k. Just got a cloak, 30 ilvls higher than my current cloak, but because it has crit and versa instead of haste and mastery it's a downgrade

Also, is anyone playing with Mind Bender with the increased duration of 21 seconds?

The only shot Mindbender had at being viable was the old T20 set bonus, and even that was a long shot. Dead talent continues to be dead.

the class design team are grade A retards. there's no denying it anymore. it's literally a mental hospital and blizzard is building goodwill by acting as a charity for the mentally handicapped.

7+ Year Old Account
    That new chest legendary is a good attempt at burst damage. Would be nice if I could spread my dots easier to make it worth while on short lived mobs. They should buff the dot spread ring to make your MF apply your dots on cast and have 2 stacks instead of relying on already applying the dots and also relying on the double buff bug.

Heart of the Void
    Item Level 910
    Binds when picked up
    Unique-Equipped: Legion Legendary (1)
    Chest
    322 Armor
    +2,382 Intellect
    +3,573 Stamina
    +919 Critical Strike (7.35% at L101)
    +796 Haste (6.98% at L101)

Equip: Void Eruption deals 400% increased damage and heals you for 40% of the damage done.

please give us more garbage legendaries!

Further specialization into the multidot niche is not what we need, because as always it's an evolutionary dead end. We already dominate at it, and the cost to do so is already far too much-- running up the score even higher on the one council fight a tier does not serve us.

And it's ANOTHER legendary with a large amount of crit.

Can someone link the new Legendaries that the Shadowpriest will have from the next patch?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    That new chest legendary is a good attempt at burst damage. Would be nice if I could spread my dots easier to make it worth while on short lived mobs. They should buff the dot spread ring to make your MF apply your dots on cast and have 2 stacks instead of relying on already applying the dots and also relying on the double buff bug.
    I don't know how you can call it a "good attempt". You cannot hold back Voidform for "burst damage" or your overall damage will suffer. It doesn't do nearly enough to matter *and* the legendary works against T20 4pc bonus.

Why do all legendaries with cool name must be so shit. Whats the point of it anyway? The only benefit I see is to blanket dot mob pack in dungeon and then launch a huge VE, but thats really niche. Better than ring though, I guess.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    I don't know how you can call it a "good attempt". You cannot hold back Voidform for "burst damage" or your overall damage will suffer. It doesn't do nearly enough to matter *and* the legendary works against T20 4pc bonus.
    It's a good attempt at something that we're missing and that's burst damage from the beginning of a fight. This will legendary will def have a lot of value in Mythic+. In ST this won't be something you want to be using.

It's a good attempt at something that we're missing and that's burst damage from the beginning of a fight. This will legendary will def have a lot of value in Mythic+. In ST this won't be something you want to be using.
    But it's not burst damage because you have to apply your DoTs to everything first.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kabshiel View Post
    But it's not burst damage because you have to apply your DoTs to everything first.
    I hear you and the other dude -but- my VEruption with this legendary will make Void Eruption crit around 1 million on EACH dot applied with or without misery on a group with or without shadow crash, will my damage not shoot up a lot higher than on live?

Say we go into a fresh group of 4-5 and dot them up and do the usual of getting into Void Form, won't the damage of void eruption with this legendary not spike my damage substantially higher than on live, initially? Is that not burst damage? Am I missing something? How is each dot applied to each target making my Void Eruption do 400% more damage not give substantial burst atm when on live I can 'finish' a group at top or near top damage.

If the scenario is ST theres no point on using this legendary. If the scenario is new group, dot up, VF -> kill, rinse repeat this legendary is so worth it.

I'm calling it rn. This new leggy paired with Shadow Crash will decimate medium to high health multi targets like no other.

- - - Updated - - -

If the question is, 'Is this new legendary boring'?, no doubt it is. Will it have it's usefulness then yes it will just like every legendary has it's use even if it's not at every situation.
    Last edited by RsinRC; 2017-05-25 at 04:25 AM.