Page 11 of 228 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cress View Post
    Yo Djriff thanks again for the guide.

Your 6.2 priest videos was practically like a bible to me.

Rerolling to shadow because ret is pure aids.
    Speaking of, i'll probably end up posting one for this pre patch stuff this weekend. Will be a longish one :/

Glad to know they helped you

Beta testers, how different if at all are 110 Shadow Priests with a decent progression with their Artifact weapon?

Because on live I`m absolutely loving it - so dynamic, so intense, demands very high proficiency to master it - something that can`t be said about MM Hunters and Arms Warriors.

Twice the effort for 95% of the damage of those classes you listed (although different specs of those classes, usually).

Quote Originally Posted by Fruujik View Post
    Beta testers, how different if at all are 110 Shadow Priests with a decent progression with their Artifact weapon?

Because on live I`m absolutely loving it - so dynamic, so intense, demands very high proficiency to master it - something that can`t be said about MM Hunters and Arms Warriors.
    Pretty much the same as it is now. The Artifact use itself gives you a second ability to draw out voidform, Mass Hysteria (gold trait) further rewards you for getting high voidform stacks. The rotation and playstyle doesn't really change
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Just don't make the mistake of skilling Sphere of Insanity. No real DPS gain, only drives you Insane with that Star Wars Laser sounds all day long.
    The overall pace in the game is a lot slower, compared to life i lack 10% haste and crit at 853 GS, (got 22 haste, 20% crit)
    So if you are not that high geared compared to all 740ish wod chars, you will feel a little slower in the first few weeks, mb even the first raid. Skilling Void Lord really helps to banish that feeling of being lame all the time, brought fun back for me.

Has anyone gotten the Legendary Belt (2 charges to MB)? I got it recently and been messing with it along with Shadowy Insight. Is ToF worth dropping for Fort of the Mind? Also feel like having Call to the Void and that belt is almost a bad combo as MB becomes almost the filler instead of MF, so I usually just try and expend all of my MB charges asap so I can MF to proc the trait. Maybe I'm overthinking things.
    Roland, Oscuridad of Sargeras
    <Design> 13/13M HFC - Recruiting

CttV is a rppm proc, so the amount of mind flays you cast aren't relevant. So long as you regularly cast it at least once every 1 + haste%/100 min, there should be no difference.

Whats the reason behind SWD not having its recharge reduced by haste.

It was pretty dumb when using StM, it increased your max VF stacks by a lot since at 150% haste you were having 1 SWD every other cycle, which gave you 90 insanity with RoS.

Quote Originally Posted by KingdomOblivion View Post
    Has anyone gotten the Legendary Belt (2 charges to MB)? I got it recently and been messing with it along with Shadowy Insight. Is ToF worth dropping for Fort of the Mind? Also feel like having Call to the Void and that belt is almost a bad combo as MB becomes almost the filler instead of MF, so I usually just try and expend all of my MB charges asap so I can MF to proc the trait. Maybe I'm overthinking things.
    If you can procc ToF w/o being in the boss execute phase, it is better no matter what.
    I think w/o that chance and the legendary belt, they should yield similar results, IF you skill SI.
    Always remember, SI is nearly equal to AS in insanity gains, but only with that belt or <10% crit.
    The overall question between ToF and FotM is single target: is it worth to drop a 18% stronger execute phase to make it 5%~ longer and gain 2% more overall dps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by N1gh7h4wk View Post
    If you can procc ToF w/o being in the boss execute phase, it is better no matter what.
    I think w/o that chance and the legendary belt, they should yield similar results, IF you skill SI.
    Always remember, SI is nearly equal to AS in insanity gains, but only with that belt or <10% crit.
    The overall question between ToF and FotM is single target: is it worth to drop a 18% stronger execute phase to make it 5%~ longer and gain 2% more overall dps.
    Very true, especially the whole ToF and FotM idea. This becomes very apparent in the current pre-patch environment, as seemingly all Shadow Priests run ToF, as fights simply don't last long enough for FotM to actually become of use while under the effects of StM. That being said, I'm excited to see how people use these two talents once we're live in Legion, where FotM will become much more present as fights take longer again (at the beginning, at least!)

On another note, I see a lot of people asking for tl:dr guides, opinions, and general feel of the shadow priest come Legion. I've posted my guide before, but I'd like to post it again for newcomers to this discussion - and a warm welcome to you in that case!

Hey all!

When is it not worth to multi dot anymore and just to mind sear?

Edit: Also Angelo what is that mouse over VB macro? I can only find ones for voidbolt only not both VE and VB
    Last edited by Takeshiren; 2016-07-23 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Another Q

I got the shittiest bug last night on Socrethar. My Priest was neither able to generate nor spend Insanity until I completely relogged. No idea what caused it but I was using a Snowball to keep my Insanity near 100 before the pull so maybe that had something to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I got the shittiest bug last night on Socrethar. My Priest was neither able to generate nor spend Insanity until I completely relogged. No idea what caused it but I was using a Snowball to keep my Insanity near 100 before the pull so maybe that had something to do with it.
    Speaking of bugs... when you kill a boss with StM and if this boss begins a cinematic... you die during it and you are stuck inside the cinematic with your UI out and you can' do anything until the cinematic ends...

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by N1gh7h4wk View Post
    That makes a lot of sense, appreciate the reply!
    Roland, Oscuridad of Sargeras
    <Design> 13/13M HFC - Recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo WoW View Post
    Very true, especially the whole ToF and FotM idea. This becomes very apparent in the current pre-patch environment, as seemingly all Shadow Priests run ToF, as fights simply don't last long enough for FotM to actually become of use while under the effects of StM. That being said, I'm excited to see how people use these two talents once we're live in Legion, where FotM will become much more present as fights take longer again (at the beginning, at least)
    ToF being stronger than FotM has nothing to do with fight length. On all bosses except Nythendra you have some way of proccing ToF off of adds, which can lead to really high uptime. In addition, outside of pure single target (again, Nythendra is the only pure single target fight) you don't use Mind Flay nearly as much. Most of the benefit from FotM comes from the Mind Flay aspect of the talent. ToF is already stronger on pure single target, FotM only gets weaker on all other fight types while ToF gets stronger. There's really no choice. Fortress of the Mind is just undertuned while ToF is overtuned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Isentropy View Post
    ToF being stronger than FotM has nothing to do with fight length. On all bosses except Nythendra you have some way of proccing ToF off of adds, which can lead to really high uptime. In addition, outside of pure single target (again, Nythendra is the only pure single target fight) you don't use Mind Flay nearly as much. Most of the benefit from FotM comes from the Mind Flay aspect of the talent. ToF is already stronger on pure single target, FotM only gets weaker on all other fight types while ToF gets stronger. There's really no choice. Fortress of the Mind is just undertuned while ToF is overtuned.
    What you're saying has nothing to do with the fact that ToF being stronger than FotM WOULD or WOULD NOT have anything to do with fight length. You're simply saying ToF is stronger because it is overtuned - which I can agree with you to an extent, absolutely.

Still, objectively speaking ToF is most definitely stronger on short fights. FotM is only really useful when running StM anyway (I'm pretty sure that's what it's intended for as well by Blizzard), and ToF is strong whenever the player can proc it. In short fights we reach ToF - range very fast, especially on single-target, and FotM can't be used to its full potential because our StM uptime will most-likely not be taken to its full potential (how could it when we're talking about fights lasting a 2 and a half minutes or so).
    Now to specify my statement again, I was NOT talking about Legion fights. Notice how I said that ToF being stronger than FotM in the CURRENT PREPATCH ENVIRONMENT, and that FotM has no chance of outcompeting it at this time. There's no true way we can even talk about whether or not this will chance in Legion - because Legion isn't out yet. Sure, we can talk about the Legion Beta, but honestly we both know those numbers and statistics change on a weekly basis. I must not remind anyone that they changed the way we get into Shadowform like 3 times.

I also want to add that if my post sounds attacking, I apologize. Not my intention.

How in the world does FotM benefit from StM at all? ToF is stronger for StM in almost every way, unless you're talking about pure Insanity Regen.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo WoW View Post
    What you're saying has nothing to do with the fact that ToF being stronger than FotM WOULD or WOULD NOT have anything to do with fight length. You're simply saying ToF is stronger because it is overtuned - which I can agree with you to an extent, absolutely.
    No, I'm not saying ToF is better only because it's overtuned. My post showed that for the most part, ToF is better than FotM by design - FotM is a talent which will only ever be useful on pure single target because of the spells it buffs. Twist of Fate is better on pure single target and is miles better on any other type of fight. Twist of Fate is overtuned in the sense that it really shouldn't be the strongest for single target, but there's literally one fight in the entire first tier that makes that fact relevant - they could nerf Twist of Fate to 10% and it would still be better than FotM on most other fights. Fight length is absolutely irrelevant in determining which talent to pick. I'm not making this up, you literally said that in Legion with longer fights, FotM will be better:

That being said, I'm excited to see how people use these two talents once we're live in Legion, where FotM will become much more present as fights take longer again (at the beginning, at least)
    You're implying that longer fight lengths will make FotM better. Not true, the relative length of the execute phase will always be close to the same on pure single target, no matter if the fight is 5 minutes long or 8 minutes long. Fights in Hellfire Citadel are very much skewed because of their short fight length, but that's not what you're talking about here at all. My post focused on that quote specifically, since you don't quite seem to understand what makes ToF so good and what makes FotM so bad.

Still, objectively speaking ToF is most definitely stronger on short fights. FotM is only really useful when running StM anyway (I'm pretty sure that's what it's intended for as well by Blizzard), and ToF is strong whenever the player can proc it. In short fights we reach ToF - range very fast, especially on single-target, and FotM can't be used to its full potential because our StM uptime will most-likely not be taken to its full potential (how could it when we're talking about fights lasting a 2 and a half minutes or so).
    Okay, who's disputing that ToF is stronger on short fights? I'm just saying that FotM is bad, regardless of fight length. Saying that FotM is 'only really useful when running StM anyway' is hilariously misleading. I'm not even going to waste time on explaining why FotM is god awful in every single way for StM compared to ToF. Saying that shows a complete lack of understanding of how Surrender to Madness works and what makes it good.

Now to specify my statement again, I was NOT talking about Legion fights. Notice how I said that ToF being stronger than FotM in the CURRENT PREPATCH ENVIRONMENT, and that FotM has no chance of outcompeting it at this time. There's no true way we can even talk about whether or not this will chance in Legion - because Legion isn't out yet. Sure, we can talk about the Legion Beta, but honestly we both know those numbers and statistics change on a weekly basis. I must not remind anyone that they changed the way we get into Shadowform like 3 times.
    But you were talking about Legion fights. You specifically stated that FotM will be stronger for longer fight lengths in Legion. So I can't talk about why FotM is bad in the beta right now, yet you're allowed to predict the future by saying that the talent will be better in Legion than it is in the prepatch, using a reason that is completely unrelated to the reason why FotM could be considered good or bad. This is such a weird argument to use so close to launch. Tuning is close to done, the prepatch with new talents is already live; the odds of talents still being majorly tweaked at this point is so low. If we're sticking to the 'anything can happen' premise then we might as well not talk about Insanity as a resource because they might bring back Shadow Orbs - atfer all, Legion isn't out yet right? Come on now.

Popping Surrender to Madness on the pull against High Council has to be one of the most satisfying things ever. Can sustain over 200k dps until I die at 2-2:30, and then remain top dps by a mile even if the fight doesn't end for another minute or longer... and being able to cast while moving for so long is pretty broken.