Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ailylia View Post
    Sure, but even out of shadowform you'll do more damage just spamming holy nova on large trash packs of low health enemies. It's no good for raiding, but for 5 man dungeons its something.
    It's bound to be a datamining error, or a tooltip error, or anything along these lines. There's no note about they specifically adding Holy Nova to Shadow spec.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

It's fall-back code. You create versions of the spell for every conceivable situation, even if they're not currently in use, to a.) future proof the code and b.) keep it from collapsing in a heap if something goes weird and points to the wrong spellID.

If some sort of bug slips through that lets a shadow priest cast Holy Nova, well, that's bad but not the end of the world.

If some sort of bug slips through that says a shadow priest can cast Holy Nova, but there's no shadow version of the spell, then something will probably throw an exception and you might end up with an even worse result.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I thought to myself it must be an error, I mean, having a note with anything about Shadow priest these days is pretty much an aberration

They should give us spammable weak aoe name it Shadow Nova and done. Some WQs are forcing me to mount afk while waiting others kill imp packs etc.

And please don't fix legendary helm thing its only fun remained for SP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nordark View Post
    They should give us spammable weak aoe name it Shadow Nova and done. Some WQs are forcing me to mount afk while waiting others kill imp packs etc.
    Yeah this.

I wrote a post about that on the EU forums, could someone please repost it on American forums? We all know Blizz doesn't read EU.
    https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17615664372

It's okay guys we got 10% extra dmg to SWP coming Tuesday spec is saved boys thank you based blizzard

Holy shit these guys are fucking clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    It's okay guys we got 10% extra dmg to SWP coming Tuesday spec is saved boys thank you based blizzard

Holy shit these guys are fucking clueless.
    like I've been saying

never-ending beta test

I just realized that on the Broken Shore main camp there is a shadow priest NPC named Curare, which literally means "To heal" in Italian.

...Coincidence?

Yeah, probably. Curare is also the name of a deadly poison manufactured from plantlife in Central and South America.

Oh I didn't know that in English that poison translates like that. Quite ironic!

Love how shadow got like 2 lines in the patch note.

Quote Originally Posted by Clerigon View Post
    Love how shadow got like 2 lines in the patch note.
    Whatever are you on about. The Mindbender buff is amazing!

Remember when announcing their plans to overhaul disc this expansion? They said multiple times they picked priests because of our unique class having 2 heal specs.... why then did they take a class with 1 dps spec to experiment with surrender to madness a glaringly obvious and difficult talent to balance?
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.

Because during development shadow priests occupied approximately ten seconds of mental clock time across the entirety of Blizzard, at best.

Deleted
    with the nerf to t19 4set. before getting t20 pieces. will it be a higher gain to use two 2 t19 and high item lvl pieces instead with right stats?

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, the patch notes were really depressing to me. It's not just that Shadow was largely ignored, it's that Shadow, being the dead last spec in the game, was largely ignored, but other DPS classes... Death Knights, Demon Hunters, Hunters, Frost Mages, Monks, Rogues, Shamans, Warlocks, and Warriors... all of those specs got more attention than Spriest even though they were all largely fine and competitive. The only DPS specs that got less attention than Shadow were: Ret Paly, Fire/Arcane Mage. Balance and Feral Druids and SV Hunters all got about the same amount of attention.

I normally try to be a very positive person but it's really hard when the class/spec you've invested so much time in is horribly broken, and the devs are off fixing classes that are fine and not really giving any attention whatsoever to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ailylia View Post
    Honestly, the patch notes were really depressing to me. It's not just that Shadow was largely ignored, it's that Shadow, being the dead last spec in the game, was largely ignored, but other DPS classes... Death Knights, Demon Hunters, Hunters, Frost Mages, Monks, Rogues, Shamans, Warlocks, and Warriors... all of those specs got more attention than Spriest even though they were all largely fine and competitive. The only DPS specs that got less attention than Shadow were: Ret Paly, Fire/Arcane Mage. Balance and Feral Druids and SV Hunters all got about the same amount of attention.

I normally try to be a very positive person but it's really hard when the class/spec you've invested so much time in is horribly broken, and the devs are off fixing classes that are fine and not really giving any attention whatsoever to you.
    I can't disagree with that. Over the past couple of weeks I have been rolling my DK alt up to speed and even 11 ilvls lower with suboptimal gear it's easier to play consistently and with average RNG pulls great numbers - something I have to work my arse off with the priest to achieve.

I look at the patch notes and just see they can't be bothered with the class at all, either it's too broken they can't fix it or just not interested. Either way I am not finding spriest fun to play when I can enjoy a raid or dungeon by pressing a lot less keys, pull bigger numbers and have a laugh doing it,

10+ Year Old Account
    Out of curiosity I just did some sims of myself against the current build of SimC:

1 boss - patchwerk (6 min) AS
    Mindbender - 830k
    PI - 824k

1 boss - patchwerk (6 min) SL
    Mindbender - 832k
    PI - 824k

2 bosses -
    Mindbender - 1,237k
    PI - 1201k

So your mileage may vary but seems like Mindbender is ahead of PI right now, not certain how the T20 bonuses will factor into it.

Keep in mind that pet AI doesn't freak out and randomly fail in Simcraft, unlike in game.

Also remember to factor any trinket or raid buffs that can be lined up with pi.
    "Falling from heaven is not as painful as surviving the impact."

DPS Loss - my guild on Proudmoore
    The Old Guard - my guild on Earthen Ring
    Revenant - my guild on Echo Isles