Will using STM as a shadow priest be viable in mythic dungeons? I have no idea if they are speed runs like MoP/WoD or not.

Are they just dependent on your ability to get through massive DPS checks on bosses? If so then STM is certainly quite viable correct?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by usern4me View Post
    Will using STM as a shadow priest be viable in mythic dungeons? I have no idea if they are speed runs like MoP/WoD or not.

Are they just dependent on your ability to get through massive DPS checks on bosses? If so then STM is certainly quite viable correct?
    It doesn't reset on bosses so it's not very viable.

Deleted
    Does anyone know if there are actually casting animations that use the dagger? I'm at level 103 and don't seem to have a single skill that uses the dagger during casts. From what I remember at some point there was statement that shadows will use the dagger to cast/during casts to make it more visible?

So, after being silent for the entirety of leveling, Xal's finally told me something interesting that i've never read before here or on wiki. Since i'm not using english client i'll post my translation, though i'll be happy to provide original screenshot if anyone is willing to mess with cyrillics.

Xal'atath whispers: It's more than likely we'll have to deal with my brethren in the future... which is exhilirating. Their power shall be mine! They will answer for everything they did.

Heard it in Suramar when doing Demon base world quest, which is confusing. Why would it proc there? And what did they do to answer for?
    Last edited by Sinistrem; 2016-09-01 at 07:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Atwaru View Post
    Does anyone know if there are actually casting animations that use the dagger? I'm at level 103 and don't seem to have a single skill that uses the dagger during casts. From what I remember at some point there was statement that shadows will use the dagger to cast/during casts to make it more visible?
    IIRC they said that after being done with melee animations they didn't have time to upgrade the casting animations, but they will do it during the expansion (like the BE visual update in WoD). Hopefully this will include weapons, and I hope they will also make the off-hand book visible.

...And I really hope that they fix the way male BEs hold weapons and off-hands, excpecially off-hands. They clip so hard it seems a years-long bug.
    Last edited by Naga Coatl; 2016-09-01 at 07:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilee25 View Post
    Honestly I would be fine with a built in stat system that was derived by devs and a bliz mod to pick gear. The average player can't do that anymore anyway, so basically it's the same thing. I think most of the UI mods should've been built in at this point too. Admittedly the legion ui improvements were basically an effort to address that. So you are probably right that we are heading that way, but at the rate we're going it's still going to take a few more expacs.
    Well they did mention probably 37 expansions total. Maybe by then it will all be worked out.

And I am sure people will still complain their class is broken.

I keep getting loots in mythic dungeons. None of those have any haste on them. yay mastery/versa -_-

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    I keep getting loots in mythic dungeons. None of those have any haste on them. yay mastery/versa -_-
    Better than having world quests for the holy artifact >>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    That was the issue I am still having. Getting entirely Holy relic artifact quests. At one point my Xalatath was 806 and Holy was 821, now it is 814/821. But thank god I got those holy artifact quests!
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    lmao that's why i didn't do the disc or holy artefact, i knew some shit like this would happen

Homophobia is so gay.

I wish there was a talent that turned Disc into a full Holy/Shadow dps spec. When I read the badass lore for Light's Wrath artifact, I really wanted to go with it over this stupid sexy old god dagger whispering me sweet nothings.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    lmao that's why i didn't do the disc or holy artefact, i knew some shit like this would happen
    my guildie didn't even get a second artifact and it was still giving him holy relics. i don't understand that at all.

Quote Originally Posted by justflayin View Post
    my guildie didn't even get a second artifact and it was still giving him holy relics. i don't understand that at all.
    weird.

I only got shadow ones. Tho there were kinda shitty and now I only get shitty world quests.

ALso I still don't understand how it's supposed to be "normal" and "understandable" that we suck so much at aoe. Doing mythics dungeons is just no fun when I see every class spam one spell meanwhile I have to dot everything/try to keep it up/refresh/etc for half the results.

Homophobia is so gay.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    weird.

I only got shadow ones. Tho there were kinda shitty and now I only get shitty world quests.

ALso I still don't understand how it's supposed to be "normal" and "understandable" that we suck so much at aoe. Doing mythics dungeons is just no fun when I see every class spam one spell meanwhile I have to dot everything/try to keep it up/refresh/etc for half the results.
    Yeah it is weird. I thought they'd have stuff like that set to whatevre loot specialization you are at least. Our AOE is just not fun. I thought I could deal with it and just brush it off, but I don't think so. I even saw spriest with SOI first because he said it was "good on aoe" i felt so bad for him. All of that wasted AP.

110 since tue and have never seen a relic world quest oO
    Atleast got the shadow Legendary ring today

Quote Originally Posted by justflayin View Post
    Yeah it is weird. I thought they'd have stuff like that set to whatevre loot specialization you are at least. Our AOE is just not fun. I thought I could deal with it and just brush it off, but I don't think so. I even saw spriest with SOI first because he said it was "good on aoe" i felt so bad for him. All of that wasted AP.
    Yup... to be honest it's starting to grind my gear. I don't want to reroll because I love my priest but damn it it is so unfun to play in dungeons. I'm waiting for the raids.

Also why on earth did they put our hidden appearance in the raid... i want it now :x

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alexieel View Post

wow grats !
    Last edited by Ilir; 2016-09-01 at 11:04 PM.

Homophobia is so gay.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexieel View Post
    Where did it drop for you?

I may need to go on a Shadow Pilgrimage and pray to the Old Gods and Elune for a repeat drop
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Where did it drop for you?

I may need to go on a Shadow Pilgrimage and pray to the Old Gods and Elune for a repeat drop
    First boss in Halls of Valor HC.

Was around the 12. dungeon I did. Guess I was pretty lucky

/edit: t_t just wanted to complain taht my dagger hasnt talked to me at all - but then thought 2times about it, checked my chat settings, and creature whispers was deactivated
    Last edited by Alexieel; 2016-09-01 at 11:57 PM.

Tell me about it. Got fucking 2.5k haste and 7k mastery :|

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysgarthiad View Post
    Tell me about it. Got fucking 2.5k haste and 7k mastery :|
    I thought I was overreacting when I noticed how most of the items with haste have it as the lower amount secondary stat. Feels bad.