Okay so ... I have to ask here.

I stopped playing my SP since 7.1 'til last week but I have noticed something that didn't happen to me before : sometimes when I use MB or VB... their icon is surrounded by gold (as if I have clicked them) but... they don't go off. I have to spam the key like 5 times before it goes off. And no it's not lag, it only happens on my SP and a friend of mine had the same issues on his SP.

I imagine it has something to do with high haste. Is there something we can do about that ? It's really really annoying.

Homophobia is so gay.

It's a known bug when you get high haste. Something to do with latency issues I think. Used to be a really big problem for me for StM and the belt where it'll show I still had a MB charge left but it wouldn't cast, causing me to die early in StM.

They changed one of the default setting in 7.2 (?) which made it worse, the "SpellQueueWindow" command. It's defaulted to 400 and you can lower it, but it can lead to problems with the server not picking up the queued spell if you have unstable latency.

The "SpellQueueWindow" default last patch was 180, default in 7.2 is 400, so you may want to reduce it to 180 again.

Thanks a lot !!

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by aemaet View Post
    Just simmed myself and my haste weight finally broke 2.0 mark and even versatility has 1.1. God, sometimes I hate this spec.
    This spec has the most volatile stat weights i've ever seen.

Deleted
    So, quick gearing question here because im a simcraft legastenic...

At the moment I´m wearing Sephuz and Anunds, getting to a total of
    6,2k crit
    12k haste
    6k mastery

Because since the patch, Shoulders are better than Wrists, I tried swapping them, but because of tier piece shenanigans i now have:
    6,5k crit
    11,6k haste
    5,5k mastery

So the question: Is the legendary-swap worth losing 400 haste, 500 mastery and 100 int? Or not...

And one more thing, got the on use trinket from Harjatan in 920, is it better than my 900 metronome? Because I saw its the worst of the trinkets in the raid.

Well, the shoulders will do better for you on AoE fights, but they aren't the best on ST. What other leggos do you have?

The loss of haste is fine, getting t204pc is far more important.

What's the other trinket you're using? Metro and ?

Deleted
    Ok I thought wrists get better with many targets? Otherwise I have Head, Prydaz and cloak, so it should probably revolve around shoulders and wrists I´m guessing? Well since haste is so incredibly good I thought the small difference between legos wouldnt be worth it...
    Second trinket is a 910 Whispers with socket. Didnt get any other ToS trinkets yet sadly. Thanks for replying so quickly

prydaz is pretty decent stat wise, and the effect is nice for progression. For majority of fights i'd go shoulders and prydaz. You can swap over to wrists and shoulders for those heavy aoe fights such as mistress, host, and harj. .

I'd use the charm of the rising tide and your metronome, whispers is such a hit and miss trinket.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    prydaz is pretty decent stat wise, and the effect is nice for progression. For majority of fights i'd go shoulders and prydaz. You can swap over to wrists and shoulders for those heavy aoe fights such as mistress, host, and harj. .

I'd use the charm of the rising tide and your metronome, whispers is such a hit and miss trinket.
    I recently traded in my 895 socketed Whispers for a 890 Terror from Emo*. With my T20 4pc (ditching T19 4pc), my DPS jumped nicely.

I use the H2P guidelines for rotation, a guildie Spriest has his own rotation (VT at 18-20 stacks then mindbender afterwards) and his DPS was a bit ahead of mine when we were similar ilevel, now it's tons ahead. But he runs m 15+ and shit and has almost all ha/cr gear at higher ilevel. I have mostly ha/cr gear but lower ilevel. Not ashamed to say he outskills me either.

*Terror from Emo Procs "YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND ME! DON'T COME NEAR ME! FINE! I'LL CUT MYSELF!" as the enemy is near you and you both eat the proc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    I recently traded in my 895 socketed Whispers for a 890 Terror from Emo*. With my T20 4pc (ditching T19 4pc), my DPS jumped nicely.

I use the H2P guidelines for rotation, a guildie Spriest has his own rotation (VT at 18-20 stacks then mindbender afterwards) and his DPS was a bit ahead of mine when we were similar ilevel, now it's tons ahead. But he runs m 15+ and shit and has almost all ha/cr gear at higher ilevel. I have mostly ha/cr gear but lower ilevel. Not ashamed to say he outskills me either.

*Terror from Emo Procs "YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND ME! DON'T COME NEAR ME! FINE! I'LL CUT MYSELF!" as the enemy is near you and you both eat the proc.

Why is he using vt at 18 stacks and mindbender at 22? you should share some logs, some mechanics and bad rng can also fuck up your dps too.

Yeah he's playing quite wrong. If you have some logs i can give you some pointers, as it may be that you're playing a bit wrong as well (although H2P is correct rotation wise)

Deleted

Ok thank you for the trinket advice, but I was pretty sure Sephuz is a set legendary if you have it? Maybe you didnt read that i have it, so the question pretty much is sephuz+ (wrists, shoulder, prydaz) i guess? Thank you anyways for helping a ton!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainAlkohol View Post
    Ok thank you for the trinket advice, but I was pretty sure Sephuz is a set legendary if you have it? Maybe you didnt read that i have it, so the question pretty much is sephuz+ (wrists, shoulder, prydaz) i guess? Thank you anyways for helping a ton!
    Forgot you had sephuz actually. Yes In that case, you'll want to use sephuz + shoulders for AoE fights, and sephuz + cloak for primarily ST fights. As long as you don't break 4pc that is. If you can't wear shoulders or cloak (as it would break 4pc) then use prydaz.

I can shed some light on the reasons to use VT at 18 stacks. In all honestly it hardly matters but here is the reasoning. It depends on how many VTs you suspect to fit in the fight and your void form cycle time. You want to use VT at a point in VF such that you almost cap on insanity but not waste it shortly after VT ends. Assuming you can use VT again at the same point every VF and you suspect you can only get VT a set amount of times, this can lessen the haste required to do a full minute cycle by a bit.
    This is because unlike in the past where you want to prolong VF as much as possible, this way you want to sync your VT and MB at the exact same points every VF. Of course, syncing is completely possible with VT at the start but you need to generate the potential insanity difference from using VT earlier, which is dependent on haste.

The school of thought of using VT at the start is because we are unsure about how many VF we will get in a fight or whether there will be any disruptions that break down VF cycle. This is a conservative approach because we know things always goes wrong somewhere. So in that sense its much better to use VT asap because it is more robust to disruptions. But if you know 100% you will not get another VT in the next minute (i.e. KJ) or you know you can maintain consistency for the remainder of the encounter there is little reason not to delay it either.

There is zero difference between popping it at 1 stacks versus 18 stacks in terms of insanity. You can almost afk to 20 stacks.

The extra damage is does is very minimal and you run the risk of screwing up later voidforms if you pop it later into voidform ie 20-25 stacks.

Either way popping bender at that low amount of stacks is a bad idea.

Sure, using belt and my current haste I can cap insanity all the way to 20, the poster in question doesn't have the belt, it's not clear whether he has enough haste either, or the 4 set for that matter. You make it sound like getting to 20 is a given and don't take into account gear differences. It's not trivial to get to 20 stacks with no belt, no haste, and no 4 set. If I had 30k haste, I could afk to 30-40 stacks easy. At 8k haste, 20 stacks is a struggle while capping insanity. So yes, there is a difference - you are just fortunate enough to not have to worry about it.

Also, I already addressed the risks associated with disruptions, so its up to the user to evaluate the risks for themselves.

If you have 8k haste then you have bigger problems to worry about. At that point you should be looking at crafted gear to give you more haste, from neck and ring alone you can get 4k haste, not counting gems + enchants. At jewelry is where you can make some good money on haste. Otherwise get some crafted armor with haste/crit on it.

I know for a fact that Publik from H2P had 7k haste for majority of NH and was able to hit 40-42 stacks of VF with 7k haste, so i'm not buying that. More than likely it's poor skill of the person.
    Last edited by Djriff; 2017-07-22 at 07:10 AM.

If you have 8k haste then you have bigger problems to worry about. At that point you should be looking at crafted gear to give you more haste, from neck and ring alone you can get 4k haste, not counting gems + enchants. At jewelry is where you can make some good money on haste. Otherwise get some crafted armor with haste/crit on it.

I know for a fact that public from H2P had 7k haste for majority of NH and was able to hit 40-42 stacks of VF with 7k haste, so i'm not buying that. More than likely it's poor skill of the person.
    Because we used PI instead of MB in NH???? Also t19 4 set got nerfed significantly... I don't get what you're trying to do tbh.
    Last edited by worcester; 2017-07-22 at 03:23 AM.

Bender now generates more insanity than PI does, which is why we use it mainly.

The T194pc means nothing for pushing to 20 stacks either, 5 stacks, sure.