Any idea why Spriest looks so strong with the t21 early sims? low dps variance and for a haste-based spec not that many APM makes me wonder what kind of statsetup they used.

The set bonus is just really strong, even after the nerfs, from my own sims of t21 shadow is leading on single target too.

- - - Updated - - -

Also from my sims it seems like shadowy insight will be the superior talent for single target if you have SotHP and mind blast relics.

Sounds awesome, i like a little more upfront damage combined with dot gameplay.
    wish they'd bring the shadow changes, that are planned for BfA, earlier, i really want to main my Priest, but without some form of burst-aoe and less ramp time this is a no-go for me

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaxus View Post
    Sounds awesome, i like a little more upfront damage combined with dot gameplay.
    wish they'd bring the shadow changes, that are planned for BfA, earlier, i really want to main my Priest, but without some form of burst-aoe and less ramp time this is a no-go for me
    same here.

I wish they'd cut the APM of the spec by like 30% so I could actually play it without developing RSI and carpel tunnel.

Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    I wish they'd cut the APM of the spec by like 30% so I could actually play it without developing RSI and carpel tunnel.
    I hope they don't, while I do feel bad for you shadow is personally one of the few specs I enjoy exactly because of how fast it is, trying to play something like affliction warlock it just feels like I'm playing in slowmotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    I hope they don't, while I do feel bad for you shadow is personally one of the few specs I enjoy exactly because of how fast it is, trying to play something like affliction warlock it just feels like I'm playing in slowmotion.
    exactly this.

there is literally NO reason (besides personal reasons) to play a shadow at the moment. a class that sucks in ST, has NO aoe, mid to low movement, a class mechanic that fuck you hard up whenever rng hits you, with timings, interrupts, short living stuff, mechanics, etc. all that stuff while you do mediocre dps ... in short: really NO reason to play shadow.

.... besides 1 thing: its the only real fast n pace acting caster class in game. if you want fast things, especially as caster, its the greatest class in Legion.

so, if someone (like me) HATES all that slow shit since WoD, you have to play the worst class in the game sad but true.

@davesignal is right because the gcd cap is at 0.75s which is reached at 100% haste. Shadow goes well beyond that at high stacks. Historically, 50% haste was good for shadow and still considered fast paced. The current extreme haste levels actually feels worse because of void bolt bugging out and spell queue skips because of casting dead zones. Although most people are used to it and work around it, doesn't mean its not there.

Also void form stacks are the primary reason our ramp takes so long. The "ramping" aspect of void form needs to be nerfed (both haste and mass hysteria) and baseline damage should be increased. Right now we go from 35% haste @0 stacks to ~116% @60, this difference is pretty ridiculous. Its close to the feral syndrome of feast or famine dps.

Finally, it doesn't matter how fast you can cast if you move slow, the void zone is still going to take the same amount of time to get out of. Stack/spread mechanics similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    there is literally NO reason (besides personal reasons) to play a shadow at the moment
    All the LFG RBG groups want a shadow priest.

The survivability and utility are quite pleasant in PvE too.

Quote Originally Posted by Onyd View Post
    All the LFG RBG groups want a shadow priest.

The survivability and utility are quite pleasant in PvE too.
    sorry, should have added „pve wise“. pvp is another story, you are right.

Deleted
    anyone got tips for relics choices with t21 SP?
    do we shift over to MB relics (especially since argus the unmaker ones are 3 ilvl higher than the others and we can stack two of them on shadow relic) or we continue with the shadowfiend/% shadow dmg increase/DOT increase we had this tier?

thx in advance.

>Shadow
    >4-piece bonus now increases the critical strike chance of Mind Flay, Void Bolt, and Mind Blast by 0.5% (was 1%) per stack of Void Form.

I expected nothing and still disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by aemaet View Post
    >Shadow
    >4-piece bonus now increases the critical strike chance of Mind Flay, Void Bolt, and Mind Blast by 0.5% (was 1%) per stack of Void Form.

I expected nothing and still disappointed.
    The set was too powerful, the classes with more powerful sets (especially fury) got pretty much destroyed, it was to be expected.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syld View Post
    The set was too powerful, the classes with more powerful sets (especially fury) got pretty much destroyed, it was to be expected.
    Any idea how it will do now that it was nerfed to half? It hardly seems like an upgrade from the T20 4pc anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Syld View Post
    By "destroyed" you mean fury set gone from 2.8kk simdps ST to 2.5kk sim dps st? While shadow was already at 2.4kk st? And you know simcraft is total bs to measure dps still.
    They're made t21 bonus shit only worth taking cause antorus has a lot of haste gear and we can basically equip it to compensate our lost t20. With this nerf sp probably going to be inferior to affliction at everything because affliction compared to shadow has burst aoe.

I think I know the answer to this question but I'll ask anyway. The second I enter Voidform I cast a mindblast and then voidbolt and then voidtorrent, but should I use voidtorrent at start if bloodlust is active?

Quote Originally Posted by 1Snail View Post
    Did the void form visual just get hotfixed? I'm no longer seeing completely black voidy stuff, now it's almost a darker blue shade of glyph of stars for druids + lots of shadowflames. Tbh I like this better.

Edit: Nvm the glyphs are changing void form's visual.
    Any chance you could share with me what UI you use? Is that weak auras I see below your character? I really like the look of it. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by krille20 View Post
    I think I know the answer to this question but I'll ask anyway. The second I enter Voidform I cast a mindblast and then voidbolt and then voidtorrent, but should I use voidtorrent at start if bloodlust is active?
    I'm sort of a novice SP, but I think it makes more sense to hold off until later for two reasons:

1. More VF stacks = more shadow damage. VoiT is a 1-minute cooldown, so why not get the most out of it when you use it?
    2. It delays Insanity decay while you channel, so it is advantageous to use it when your Insanity is draining too quickly to keep up (for instance, if both VB and MB are on cooldown).

I'm not well geared right now (890ish), but I can typically get into the mid 20s of VF stacks before I get to a point where I need to channel VoiT to extend my Insanity. After the channel, I can usually get in at least one more VB (because it's instant, and because SWP and VT are generating Insanity while I channel).

That said, I understand that some highly skilled players are able to extend their VF for over a minute, which would mean that they would be able to use two VoiT casts in a single VF. In that case, I would understand using it right away.
    Last edited by cafecito820; 2017-11-30 at 04:32 PM.

You want to torrent as soon as you can.

Remember that voidform keeps stacking up while torrenting, but the rate that your insanity drains is frozen. Torrent essentially gets you 4 stacks ahead for your entire voidform from the point where you cast it, so casting it early is very beneficial. Plus, delaying it over and over throughout a fight can mean you end up losing a cast compared to using it on cooldown.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Priest

Shadow

• Vampiric Touch and Shadow Word: Pain damage reduced by 12%.
    • All other abilities increased by 3%.
    I don't even play anymore, but it's always nice to see Blizzard doing their best to keep the man down.