View Poll Results: Who will Hillary pick for VP?

Voters
50. This poll is closed
  • Xavier Becerra

0 0%
  • Cory Booker

2 4.00%
  • Sherrod Brown

0 0%
  • Julian Castro

5 10.00%
  • Deval Patrick

0 0%
  • Tom Perez

0 0%
  • James Stavidris

1 2.00%
  • Tom Vilsack

0 0%
  • Elizabeth Warren

10 20.00%
  • Bernie Sanders

8 16.00%
  • Bill Clinton

11 22.00%
  • Cookie Monster

12 24.00%
  • None/Other (state in comments)

1 2.00%
Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Clinton's VP pick.

Edit: I forgot Tim Kaine in the poll, if a mod wants to add him as a poll option then feel free, otherwise choose none/other. Sorry, I clearly spaced bigtime. >.<

Who do you think will be Clinton's VP pick?

Basing poll off of article here: http://www.npr.org/2016/07/12/481556...s-in-100-words

Hillary Clinton will already make history with her nomination for president, becoming the first woman to lead a major presidential ticket. Now the question is whether she wants to do it again with her choice of running mate.

Clinton is expected to name her vice presidential pick sometime after the Republican National Convention ends and before her own convention begins in Philadelphia on July 25.

On her list are several Hispanic lawmakers, African-Americans and at least one woman.

Latino politicians like Housing and Urban Development Secretary Julian Castro offer an appealing contrast to Donald Trump's controversial comments on Mexican immigrants, plus he would bring youth to her ticket.

She also has a close relationship with Labor Secretary Tom Perez, who is beloved by labor unions.

Ohio Sen. Sherrod Brown and Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren would excite supporters of Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders. Brown has been a vocal opponent of free trade agreements and is one of the Senate's most liberal members, while Warren was the original progressive hero who has long railed against Wall Street.

But both Brown and Warren, along with New Jersey Sen. Cory Booker, have a big complicating factor — they come from states with Republican governors who would nominate their replacements if the Clinton ticket wins. And with control of the Senate hanging in the balance this November too, losing a Senate seat may be too risky of a gamble for Democrats.

Ultimately though, Clinton may go with a safer, non-historic pick. Virginia Sen. Tim Kaine is a solid choice who was a finalist in President Obama's search eight years ago. Kaine himself has admitted he is a "boring" choice, but boring isn't necessarily a bad thing in politics, and he does come from a swing state too.

That's the same with Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack, who has emerged as a late, top possible pick for Clinton. The former Iowa governor comes from an important state and is a longtime friend of the Clintons too.

The safe pick is Kaine but my pick which I think can even make the Bernie or Bust reconsider is Cory Booker. Active on social media and has a high potential of overshadowing Clinton with personality alone which is actually a positive sadly.

Booker: Booker cultivated a popular social media presence and a national profile even before he was elected to the Senate in 2013. During his seven years as Newark mayor, he became well-known for shoveling residents' driveways after snowstorms, rescuing a woman from a house fire and living on food stamps. Booker could energize African-Americans and young voters. But as a freshman senator, his experience will be a question (even though he has served the same amount of time that Barack Obama did before becoming president). His attention-getting tactics also make him something of a wild card who could upstage Clinton.

Like my guy is Sherrod Brown but we need him in the Senate!
    Last edited by akris15; 2016-07-15 at 12:53 AM.

Paully shore.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm surprised she doesn't seem to be considering Bernie, given that they essentially merged their programs into one in order to beat Trump. President Clinton + vice-president Sanders sound like the best of both worlds!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Elizabeth Warren!

No probably not her.

My state is a swing state with a Democrat Governor but we don't have enough voters to make it worth while.

Mmmmmm John Hickenlooper, Democrat Governor of Colorado, such a name.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by akris15 View Post
    The safe pick is Kaine but my pick which I think can even make the Bernie or Bust reconsider is Cory Booker. Active on social media and has a high potential of overshadowing Clinton with personality alone which is actually a positive sadly.
    Damn it, forgot Kaine. Knew I forgot someone.

Maybe someone can edit the poll and swap out Cookie Monster for Kaine?

7+ Year Old Account
    She will go for Pocahontas. Then she can play the "but we are wimmen" card. Both are frauds, and both are worthless.

Would be a great team!

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    She will go for Pocahontas. Then she can play the "but we are wimmen" card. Both are frauds, and both are worthless.

Would be a great team!
    You really don't seem to like women for some reason. :/

In any case, picking Warren seems redundant, she has nothing to offer that would really balance out the ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    You really don't seem to like women for some reason. :/

In any case, picking Warren seems redundant, she has nothing to offer that would really balance out the ticket.
    I love Warren but she doesn't add anything and lets be honest shes going to be attacking Trump anyways so no reason to add her for VP sadly.

I love Warren but she doesn't add anything and lets be honest shes going to be attacking Trump anyways so no reason to add her for VP sadly.
    Yeah I agree. I'm sure she'll get a spot in the administration somewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post

Would be a great team!

For sure.....least it wouldn't be friggin Trump and Chris Christie......lord help us.........both are total morons. Your turn.

Like I am being serious Booker could very well be an X factor for Clinton who is void of personality

7+ Year Old Account
    I would LOVE it to be Bill Clinton.

Just for the drama.

Quote Originally Posted by sheggaro View Post
    I would LOVE it to be Bill Clinton.

Just for the drama.
    or Obama Either Barack or Michelle.

Like I am being serious Booker could very well be an X factor for Clinton who is void of personality
    She is pretty bland...the political equivalent of eating bran cereal for breakfast every day. It might be good for you, it's also boring and forgettable the second after you're finished eating it.

In that sense I think that Kaine is too safe of an option for her, she should look elsewhere. Personally I think she should choose Castro.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I'm surprised she doesn't seem to be considering Bernie, given that they essentially merged their programs into one in order to beat Trump. President Clinton + vice-president Sanders sound like the best of both worlds!
    Agreed. It was near a 50/50 split between the two and depending on which poll you look at between 20 -50% of Bernie supporters will not support her or will actively go against her. There was absolutely nothing for her to lose by picking him, but it seems her ego is getting in the way.

Overall, I think Booker is going to be the pick. He's younger, a man, black, and charismatic, something that's strongly the opposite of Clinton. I think she's going to use him to shore up her grasp on the non white vote.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi Cels, I think it'll be Warren honestly. Double women go for the wimmenz vote.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Hi Cels, I think it'll be Warren honestly. Double women go for the wimmenz vote.
    I like Warren. But, Warren won't balance out the ticket. It would be the equivalent of picking her clone for VP, or no one at all.

I'm going to stick with the prediction I made in 2014. Tim Kaine.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don't think the Democratic Party will let her pick a Senator, so Sherrod Brown is out. Picking Elizabeth Warren would upset her Wall Street masters and they already firmly told her no.

Will the VP pick actually matter this cycle? IMHO there aren't many voters left to convince one way or another.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

HAHAHA please let it be elizabeth warren
    this comedy show of liars and idiots would be complete then