View Poll Results: Which spec are you going to main in Legion?

Voters
151. This poll is closed
  • Assassination

67 44.37%
  • Outlaw

48 31.79%
  • Subtlety

36 23.84%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[POLL] Which spec are you going to main?

Which spec are you going to main in Legion? Are you going to play mostly PvP, PvE or lil' bit of everything? Any thoughts?

Looks like it will be Assassination for me. People are saying that is the best spec for raiding. So i might level outlaw and use all my points on assassination artifact. Not sure tho. Im in a kinda laid back raiding guild now which got emphasis on having fun rather than min maxing. So if outlaw aint that far behind i might go that. I hate high maintanance builds which assassination apparently is.

Deleted
    Outlaw.

Mainly PvP and in PvE I don't plan to do serious raiding but avid Mythic+ Dungeon play.

Always been Subtlety, but i dislike the changes overall to gameplay even tho I adore the fantasy direction in Sub. It's currently too simple, pretty boring and despite popular belief I don't feel that strong in PvP. Very mobile but hiting like a wet noodle on PvP Template and the CC is dependant on your charges, no thanks as of right now.

Assassination is for me the worst of the three. Single target feels great, AoE feels horrible to me and majority of PvE content is in some form AoE. In PvP you're a damage train, not much mobility, poor CC and the same survivability as other specs.

Outlaw is amazing. Maybe if I was to plan on Mythic progression, well (depending on tuning which isn't final yet) maybe unreliable. But I'm not like I said.
    For PvP Outlaw seriously feels the strongest. You are the sweet spot of mobility, not the low Assassination or the ridiculous Subtlety. Survivability with Elusivness is the sweet spot aswell and to me the most reliable CC out of the three with good damage. It's just the sweet spot to all subjects from what I feel personally.

I'd say the specs are kinda like this (focus on PvP):

Subtlety - Mobility
    Outlaw - CC + Sustain
    Assassination - Damage

With the templates activated on PvP, they seemed to balance the super mobility of Sub with poorish damage.
    They seemd to balance the high damage of Assassination with poorish CC.
    And Outlaw is the middle thing where the dmg is good, CC is good, mobility is good etc. Reliable

These are my experiences and I might be incorrect

Definitely going Sin, love the feel of it. I love dot/multi-dot play style and I will be raiding fairly hardcore with a good bit of mythic+ play as well. I'll probably mess around with Outlaw some, but I doubt I'll play much Sub unless they buff it to just be godly in raiding.

Im very unsure. I cant stand the RNG factor of outlaw, and i hate the fact that sub dont have stealthbar during SD. Leaning towards assa but the idea of crappy aoe makes me salty. All three specs are bittersweet. Im still hoping they can revert or do something about the above before aug.30.

10+ Year Old Account
    Outlaw main, assassination OS
    PvE only
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by daspels View Post
    Im very unsure. I cant stand the RNG factor of outlaw, and i hate the fact that sub dont have stealthbar during SD. Leaning towards assa but the idea of crappy aoe makes me salty. All three specs are bittersweet. Im still hoping they can revert or do something about the above before aug.30.
    That's been a bit of a disappointment, hasn't it? Telling us they don't like all the spec switching and then more or less making it so that raiding rogues will be doing a metric ton of spec switching.

I figure single target/mild cleave is more important at the start so I'm going Assassin and then expanding to combat. By the time I have the gear for 'Sin to be outshined, I figure I'll be pushing into Sub if needed. Course that assumes a lot...

7+ Year Old Account
    Been playing Assa since Wrath, so will proberly go with that. If i was new on rogue, i would proberly go play Outlaw, since RtB is just amazingly fun
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Whatever has the best dps in the current patch (voted assa as it seems it'll be the top spec going into Legion release).

Testing all three specs currently and I'm still undecided...

Outlaw is growing more and more on me. At first I thought it's just a gimmicky combat and wasn't that interested but the saber "swoosh" sound, man I love it and makes me want to race change to undead! Also feels very satisfying to finish off runners with BtE and if that's not enough a final pistol shot. Also like the kind of gambling component of RtB. Sure you waste some CP's from time to time but if you're lucky you melt things. It fits the theme.

I've been playing Sub on BG's a lot lately and it's so nice to zick zack teleport around like a hornet on speed stinging your daggers into peoples backs. You don't have the preasure of Outlaw/Assasin but a lot of control and mobility. I actually like the gameplay of shadow dance and see this spec more like a solo experience.

Playing Assasin a few times left me with mixed feelings both in PVE and PVP. It's nice to see the health bar drop in such quick steps when exang is on but to me it felt the slowest of all three. Might be my gear but I often have to pool for muts while the dots tick. I doesn't play/feel bad but hasn't clicked with me just yet. It feels nice setting up dots but I wish it would have been more poison centric and could use shadow step with two charges for mobilty.

All in all what I like a lot is that all three specs have a different feeling giving playing rogue a new experience. If you consider leveling your artifact and PVE+PVP I see Outlaw being in a good spot for me.
    Last edited by Raakel; 2016-08-04 at 12:21 PM.

Ill stick to sub even i know for the time being will be behind assa. If the diff in the end s no more than 10%. We all know that assa wont not scale well in the end and when the tier set raid is out it might be even or maybe next tier. Still to early to tell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rogue has always been about Assassination for me, it's why I started playing the class back in BC so I am more than happy with it currently.

7+ Year Old Account
    My final decision is not yet made but for now I'm looking at sub. In terms of playstyle all three specs are satisfying to me.

Outlaw is a bit to RNG to be my main spec and I feel it's going to be the perfect off spec for me.
    Assa looks great but it as shit AoE and it looks like it's going to scale like shit, if the poison build become more viable it could be OK but the exsang one is probably only going to be strong when no one as gear.
    Sub is looking strong in St, the bursts is strong , it's looking to scale well with every stats, it also as okay AoE and has some sort of cleave. It still has the AoE into St witch is a really strong niche for progression even more with the more mobs = more shadow dance. I enjoy playing it a lot and I think it's going to pay in long run as sub feels like a very versatile spec..

Blizzard fix the SD bar and change the SD animation to something not purple and I'll be so happy ( not going to happen but I had to say it )

Assa - main spec fot single target. Outlaw - off spec for AoE fights.

Though we'll see how will their scale up with gear in Legion. If Sub will be as strong as in the last WoD patch(proportionaly), then I'll probably play Sub(for progression).

Deleted
    Asassin with hopes for outlaw to get a later buff and switch. Sub .... I just cant get to like it.

Don't know yet but I desperately hope that Assassination isn't so good that I have to play it for progression, the playstyle is repulsive to me. If I wanted to play a feral druid I would have made one.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what.”

Always been Combat but since now it's called Outlaw now, I'm sticking with Outlaw. The other specs are alright, but Combat/Outlaw is still more my style and what I'm use to. Plus my rogue is the only class I do PvP only on.

Deleted
    After a long time playing DK I'll switch to Rogue. The Outlaw is really starting to grow on me with the time Im leveling. Sin is fine(it reminds me a lot of the Rift-sin spec). Sub just feels a bit too slow, I really enjoy the spamming buttons specs.

I will be levelling and maining Sub for the first time ever because of how I feel the spec will evolve. And for the first time ever I feel right when playing it, I feel rogue.

Assa is not where I sensed it would be, Outlaw is fun and will most likely be my offspec (for pvp and cleaves). And Thunderfury.

Assa/Sub or Sub/Assa