[7.0] - Protection Paladin Weak Aura (WIP)

Hello gang!

I'm working on my Protection Paladin Weak Aura setup (similar to my one from WoD). Let me know what you think. Feedback is welcome!

Link to WA String
    http://pastebin.com/TP6G0pFj

Things that are accounted for:
    • Avenger Shield (and CD)
    • Judgement (and CD)
    • Crusader Strike (and CD)
    • Crusader Strike (when using Consecrated Hammer)
    • Consecration (and CD)
    • Eye of Tyr (and CD)
    • Shield of the Righteous (stacks remaining, duration bar)
    • Aegis of Light (if talented)
    • Guardian of Ancient Kings (CD, Duration)
    • Ardent Defender (CD and Duration)
    • Divine Shield (CD and Duration)
    • Lay on Hands (Available and CD)
    • Avenging Wrath (Available, Duration, CD)
    • Divine Steed (if talented into Knight Templar)
    • Blessing of Protection (Available, Duration, CD)
    • Blessing of Sacrifice (Available and CD)
    • Blessing of Freedom (Available, CD)
    • Hammer of Justice (Available, CD)
    • Rebuke (Available, CD)
    • Light of the Protector (Available, CD)
    • Seraphim (Duration)
    Last edited by aegisjed; 2016-07-15 at 04:28 PM.

Looks pretty good for a centralized status display. You could potentially condense it further by replacing the stack count on most of the cooldown icons with the remaining time (%t or %p instead of %s), unless you prefer the enhanced visibility of displaying the timer below the icons.

Assuming you read it from left to right, you might also consider arranging the defensive cooldowns so that Divine Steed and Avenging Wrath appear at the beginning of the bar instead of the end (DS because it has the shortest recharge and can be used often, AW as a reminder to use it early and often - I track Seraphim this way too).

By the same token, Judgment will be a high priority cast in our rotation (due to its interplay with SotR's recharge improving mitigation uptime), so it may be useful to move that up in priority on the offensive rotation bar. And you could potentially combine the blessings bar with the stun/interrupt icons for a more general purpose 'utility bar', which is just a matter of preference.

Finally, in my (still in development) aura bars I elected to have Eye of Tyr appear as a short cooldown on my defensive bar because I expect to get more benefit from the on-demand 8 seconds of damage reduction than I would from using it on cooldown as a rotational filler. Of course how you arrange your auras will depend on how you intend to use the spell, but that's what I'm leaning towards after a few months of testing.

Cheers,
    Proof

Proof,

Thank you for your feedback. I never thought about arrange the defensive CDs based on the length of the CD but it's an interesting concept for know short CDs vs long ones. The two big buttons in the center are mainly the ones that I want to make sure to keep on CD. In WoD, I had that as Crusader Strike and Judgement but reduced CS to a minor button since with Consecrated Hammer making it a filler spell.

As far as the interrupt section, I've left it there so that I know which of my interrupts I have available when I have to stop something. Not really intended as a "utility bar" but is an interesting idea as well.

Everyone's playstyle and tanking philosophy will present competing priorities to structure your interface around. Personally I like using dynamic groups of icons anchored near my unit frame, so I can monitor my health, my positioning, and have the aura bar essentially 'feed' me recommendations on which cooldowns to use next, with minimal optical scanning.

Having offensive cooldowns (Sera and AW) near the top of the list ensures that you are stacking them on the pull and using them again as soon as they come back up. Meanwhile prioritizing shorter defensive cooldowns allows you to use them aggressively as bridge cds, to proactively cover gaps in mitigation or to reactively slow damage intake and allow healers to catch up, without fear of running out of major cooldowns to deal with specific boss abilities and burst mechanics.

I'll have to put some more work in on my Legion auras this weekend, maybe I can give another model for comparison.
    Last edited by Proof; 2016-07-15 at 06:21 PM.

Aegisjed you are my new favorite person thanks for the string ill be testing it out and giving you my personal feedback.

Proof,
    share your auras please.