Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The thing I hate the most about it from what I've played on the PTR is that I feel like I've been slowed down and that's with the fires of justice talent without that talent I find it intolerable. But I think the lack of Hammer of Wrath and the exorcism/divine storm procs which made things interesting is really hurting the class. I felt like I never had much on cooldown in WoD ret whereas in Legion ret it feels a lot slower and like I'm waiting for cooldowns. Maybe it's just me but its slower, I have less utility now and I'm having less fun.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kcin14 View Post
    The thing I hate the most about it from what I've played on the PTR is that I feel like I've been slowed down and that's with the fires of justice talent without that talent I find it intolerable. But I think the lack of Hammer of Wrath and the exorcism/divine storm procs which made things interesting is really hurting the class. I felt like I never had much on cooldown in WoD ret whereas in Legion ret it feels a lot slower and like I'm waiting for cooldowns. Maybe it's just me but its slower, I have less utility now and I'm having less fun.
    its very much like that with prepatch. However at 110 (and from about 104 onwards) with a haste build it is a lot fast and more "fun" . You have few empty gcds and the pace is good. but the overall rotation is still very bland

Quote Originally Posted by Splatter View Post
    its very much like that with prepatch. However at 110 (and from about 104 onwards) with a haste build it is a lot fast and more "fun" . You have few empty gcds and the pace is good. but the overall rotation is still very bland
    Well thats a bit of a relief, unfortunately I don't have beta and haven't been able to test it out but the prepatch doesn't make me very hopeful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by z3rK View Post
    You know, two biggest issues with ret paladins are:
    1) unthought changes made for the sake of changes because hurr durr new expansion people need new stuff and we are running out of ideas
    2) policy of blizzard with implementing those changes, which is more like throwing shit onto the wall and looking what sticks to the wall and what falls off. But in both cases, it's still shit.

And they are focking adamant with theirs POV. Ohh you say holy wrath's mechanic is crap? Se let's buff it's damage!....mind blown.

For me it seems they have the syndrome of besieged tower. They won't accept the fact that their reason is off and bad and instead, they would sprinkle the crap with sparkle...but in the end it's still crap.
    Unless that mentality changes, nothing's going to be better. We would have to bear with their "running-out-of-ideas" changes to point the outrage would be overwhelming. and then they will be "uhhh we wanted well, but!"

Anyway, let's hope that when the prepatch comes, and the majority of players experience those "awesome" changes, the uproar would be ten thousands stronger than what is now, when people would realize that their cool and swift spec is broken to the point of no mobility, high CD on generators and "nothing to press" situations....then maybe maaaybe something will change before legion
    10/10 post nailing it my man

This is a spec that 99% people are fucking retards at, 0.9% people are mythic raiders at, and 0.1% are gladiator or above players at.

If you want to go from that 99% to that 0.9% look up Soapbox Rotations it will really help you out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by user8972 View Post
    This is a spec that 99% people are fucking retards at, 0.9% people are mythic raiders at, and 0.1% are gladiator or above players at.

If you want to go from that 99% to that 0.9% look up Soapbox Rotations it will really help you out.
    I could link you to my warcraftlogspage and the several rank 1's I had both during HFC progression and afterwards in speedkills, but to what end exactly? This is about a broken dull spec that isn't being developed, not its performance.

FAR better than Outlaw Rogue or the 3 Hunter specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanthoris View Post
    I would include pvp in there, but I can't remember the last time someone actually tried to have ret be decent at pvp... WotLK maybe?
    I'll just leave this here: Vanguards
    Quote Originally Posted by The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
    There is no point being part of history if you're too ignorant to understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Manifestatio View Post

Preach just posted his video of melee classes in the Legion beta, and he nails it spot on.
    If Preach said it must be true... KAPPA

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RagnorZ View Post
    If Preach said it must be true... KAPPA
    Just because he's Preach doesn't mean he is wrong, and in this case, he isn't.

Damage performance has nothing to do with it, this is not about proper rotation, and having no mobility in Legion means no one in their right mind would take Ret over another melee on a PvP team... We got laughed out of RBG teams in WoD simply for being Ret, and Legion has us in a far worse position than we were in WoD.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2016-07-16 at 02:19 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

15+ Year Old Account

It has nothing to do with performance for fucks sake.

The rotation and playstyle are incredibly boring and uninspired. That's the issue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    It has nothing to do with performance for fucks sake.

The rotation and playstyle are incredibly boring and uninspired. That's the issue.
    That guy just advertised a third party paid program to people that god knows if its even in accordance to terms and service, so i wouldn't take him too seriously.

In general though (speaking just about the Spec and not legion) he is right, but the same thing goes for every class.

The main problem with Legion Ret is the judgment system. I have said this before some times already. The judgement system wants you to pool HP for a burst window, the HP system wants you to efficiently spend and generate HP. They are polar opposites and there is no talents that even make you choose between one style and the other. The systems are simply opposites and will never mesh together. So, what happens if that you either ignore one or the other.
    What happens atm is that you ignore the judgement system for the most part. You don't pool and you prio generating HP and spending HP (inside the window). It's really bad and unenjoyable. It grabbed a system that worked and attached another one on top of it that simply doesnt work.

The judgment system really has to go. No one cares about fantasy when your class is simply not fun to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Well you may find it dull but its certainly not bad.

I don't find it dull, but either way they have a very good kit for the pve changes in Legion.

Its been a LOT worse, at least for me. Looking back at Classic and TBC, as well as Cata.
    I kinda agree with him, I honestly do find it kinda dull compared to WoD Ret, and IMO, it is the dullest melee spec I've played...found it more interesting playing a shockadin as opposed to ret.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerknard View Post
    There is no hope for Ret in Legion. 1st of all Ret will change to RAT Think about it, Tirion = Dead, Uther = Dead, Mahad = Dead. They kill our big shot and leave the wifey which is Lady Liadrin, Yrel live so they can wiggle their hips (or @$$) with us in the name of "W" key. Maybe next expansion they will make paladin female only so some fans can make a fan art about orc and holy knight (you know what i mean) because the holy knight can't even escape from orc warrior cuz mobility. Now that I think about it Blizzard element is Ice which favored by DK and Mage (as for others I don't know) and DK is Paladin arch nemesis. They make DK have gapcloser and huge damage only nerf it recently a tiny weeny little bit. As for RAT i mean ret, they only play the number between crusade, boj, bow, templar verdict. 100 Page of feedback with no response = blizzard is shitty company. I hope other Stockholder realize this and complain, only for blizzard to take countermeasure by remove RAT class forever and ever.

Fuu... Rage aside

Agreed dude.
    You just gave me aids from all that garbage you just typed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, I enjoy Legion Ret.

Sue me.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
    There is no point being part of history if you're too ignorant to understand it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UR1L View Post
    Hey, I enjoy Legion Ret.

Sue me.
    The PvE rotation is no more or less complex than the majority of other classes, so I have no problem there as long as we pull decent DPS, I can enjoy that well enough... what I do have a problem with is Greater Blessing of Might, because having to rely on 2-3 other people for ~10% of our own DPS is just a laughable design choice... and us not having any mobility, if you don't PvP I'm sure this won't bother you really at all, if you do it's a death sentence against any ranged class with a snare button and half a brain, and god forbid you have to fight a mage that knows what their spellsteal button looks like.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerknard View Post
    Tirion = Dead, Uther = Dead
    As a devout Horde Paladin I am glad those dudes are dead. I don't have to answer to those alliance traitors in my class hall. I'm okay with Draenei though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Literally 12 View Post
    As a devout Horde Paladin I am glad those dudes are dead. I don't have to answer to those alliance traitors in my class hall. I'm okay with Draenei though.
    The Paladins aren't the ones who betrayed the High Elves, it was one jackass who's name I forget, the Silver Hand itself I'm very sure wouldn't have agreed with any of that had they been there, given that their whole thing about being a paladin is to help everyone, whenever possible... Do remember Uther had a High Elf pupil when he died, clearly he wasn't a racist asshole like Grand Marshal whatshisface.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2016-07-17 at 02:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    The Paladins aren't the ones who betrayed the High Elves, it was one jackass who's name I forget, the Silver Hand itself, I;m very sure, wouldn't have agreed with any of that had they been there, given that their whole thing about being a paladins is to help everyone, whenever possible... Do remember Uther had a High Elf pupil when he died, clearly he wasn't a racist asshole like Grand Marshal whatshisface.
    Garithos, my friend Garithos

Deleted
    Hey, hey... stop the lore mumbo jumbo. Its besides the point. This isn't faction wars. Its a class design topic.

Pretty much a majority of Retribution players and neutral players have expressed how dull and unsatisfying Ret is to play in Legion. There is no denying that. Even if a few can still manage to find some enjoyment on it, the fact that it is incredibly deficient can't stop beeing mentioned to Blizzard. They made a very poor effort and they must be made aware of that until they rectify the mistakes.
    Heck, a roll back to WoD Ret would be preferable at this point.