Deleted

Professions in legion

So anyone dug into what professions looks best for rogues in Legion?
    Currently Engi/LW, but it looks like gathering is becoming relevant again so I either stick with that and re-level mining/skinning on my druid alt.
    Or actually go with a gathering/non gathering combo, since Blood of Sargeras used for Obliterum also comes from gathering.

Engineering in WoD bummed me out, with the removal of synapse springs it felt a bit like a novelty profession, the only relevant gear was for a "set slot" with the helmet.
    Not looked at everything it offers now, the new helmets have some sort of attack but no idea if it´s relevant damage on it.
    LW in WoD was more useful for crafting filler slots atleast.

So what profession combos in legion are looking good to people and why?

I'll stick to engi/mining, because engineering offers the most utility (imo) while raiding (repair, mail, feast, rocketboost,....) and you can craft 2 relics on top of that.

engineering for life. And my other slot is maxed enchanting so doubt I would drop that for anything. Gathering might be good at the start but will drop off eventually like it always does.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    engineering for life. And my other slot is maxed enchanting so doubt I would drop that for anything. Gathering might be good at the start but will drop off eventually like it always does.
    Yep im rolling with this aswell

engi+inscription
    is what im gonna be with a mining/herb druid alt

vantus runes will be a great continuous income and the darkmoon card trinket will be BiS for assa for like forever

Deleted
    Alright, gonna stick with Engi/LW for now and bring in my gathering druid on the beta servers.. see how that goes.
    always a slight annoyance at the start of an expansion to either split time between 2 chars or go material starved on the main.

Also given how gathering was treated in WoD I was pretty confident that Blizz intended to either remove those professions or bake them into their respective crafting profession, with the garrison they were all but dead weight for the most of the time I felt.
    Would imagine a lot of people would have dropped gathering during WoD and might not be too happy about it now possibly.