Page 1 of 431
... LastLast
    Deleted

Football Season 2016/2017

OK we're off.

(please no flaming/baiting/trolling)

Banter is ok.

In Scotland my Morton needed AET and PKs to beat Albion...

This isn't gonnae be a good season.

Mod Edit:

Like previous season threads, we have certain rules to be followed.

1: Banter is acceptable as long as it's kept in good nature and not set out to insult, provoke or harass any other member of this board. Good natured ribbing is part of the fan culture of football and it's something I'd like to keep here without it getting out of hand. If you are unsure whether or not what you are about to post will cross the line of decency then err on the side of caution.

2: When referring to teams, players, managers, referees, officials etc keep your posts clear of excessive vulgar language. While emotions can and do run high, this is not a right to verbally abuse others. While they may not post here, others who may feel very different to you will. If you can't convey your opinion without resorting to a tirade of abuse please don't post it.

3: FIFA, UEFA, individual national Football Associations are not in anyone's back pocket. Unless you have any evidence that proves otherwise keep such accusations out of this thread, it brings nothing but arguments.

4: There are certain tragedies in football's history that you do not bring up to "get one over" someone else. Jokes about these events are also strictly forbidden.

5: If you have to embed an image, please try to keep the width under 1000px, 800px would be better. If you can't make it smaller (embed a small version which hyperlinks to the original using this format: ([IMG]smaller image URL[/IMG]). Otherwise just post the URL without [IMG][/IMG] tags.

A couple of general rule reminders, the soccer/handegg debates will get you a straight infraction, don't even test this theory.

Links to illegal stream sites are a complete no-no. Repeat offenders will be infracted.

Don't discuss moderation here, if you find a post to be breaking the rules, report it and move on. Arguing with the person, or commenting on them being infracted/banned is just asking for an infraction yourself.

Lastly, you may find at some point your posts being changed to pink comic sans, this is because you were clearly attempting to flame bait beyond the realm of friendly banter, and just provoke people into being hostile with you. The moderation team has no objections to pointing this out in a humorous way.
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2017-01-27 at 12:46 AM.

Robben leaves the field of Bayern's friendly with an injury. At what point does he just say screw it and hang it up?

10+ Year Old Account
    He has been pretty much injured the entire last year. One injury after another. Doubt his career will last much longer.

So far Sporting won 2 pre season games and lost 2. I don't really care since we are still playing without the 4 who went to the EURO 2016 plus a few others. I guess all will be ok when they come back.

The Portuguese calendar was also known yesterday. Sporting-Porto in August. Right away in the 3rd match weekend.

We beat Italy 6-2 after starting losing 0-2 and became European Champions in roller hockey as well.

Guess 2016 is our year!

robben has always been prone to injury. its almost a joke how he injures himself almost immediately after returning from an injury. How are they training if they actually deem him fit for play - when it just takes him 35 minutes to injure himself again in a real game...

Bama wins Bama wins!

Deleted
    mkhitaryan looking very promising after just 45 mins.. lets hope that continues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Demba Ba broken like a twig

Holy fuck. That's horrific.
    Get well soon Demba Bro.

Jesus christ it's at a fucking right angle. Horrific.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard Illuminati View Post
    Demba Ba broken like a twig

That'll leave a mark...

Deleted
    Career over. Terrible to see.

I really don't see him playing any football until next year after that (if he is lucky and it doesn't finish his career off).

10+ Year Old Account
    Ouch, that is bent all out of shape.

Bit casual on the old thread starting, normally we have predictions and shit.

Where will leicester be at the end of the season?

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post

Bit casual on the old thread starting, normally we have predictions and shit.
    Jose with the Red devils will win the league. On ya Jose

That's terrifying to see, I hope it's not the end of his career.

Deleted
    Leicester will finish 13th.

Calling it.

Leicester bottom half for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Terrible OP post, missing about 50 lines of text.

RIP Ba's career. Horrific injury that.

Funny feeling that Spurs will win it.

West Ham in top four too.