Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ImprovedEvasion View Post
    You need PvP talents.
    And who said I didn't play with PvP talents? Wut???

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    You are an idiot if you expect anything to be balanced at lvl 100 in the pre patch.
    And you're an idiot if you believe it will be any different once Legion goes live.

Blizz has a huge melee boner and has been screwing casters over since the day WoD went live.

In MoP casters had 2 times the cc/mobility and could cast while moving or had tons of instant casts while melees had the same amount of mobility. Then WoD came and casters were gutted while melees retained everything. Seems balanced, kek.
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2016-07-16 at 08:24 PM.

Aww, those ranged first world problems. If only melee were perma snared and you could just endlessly cast on them, am I right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Aww, those ranged first world problems. If only melee were perma snared and you could just endlessly cast on them, am I right?
    More like 'If only we could cast at all'.

Half of the caster classes and specs in WoD are completely worthless. And so far Legion look no different, Melees still have absurd damage, mobility and to top it all off cc.

But that's fine as long as you play a melee I guess.

Good thing I have all classes at 100, maybe what it takes to make Blizzard realize how horrendous their balance is is for all of us to reroll melee.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    More like 'If only we could cast at all'.

Half of the caster classes and specs in WoD are completely worthless.

But that's fine as long as you play a melee I guess.
    I main a caster, so ... yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Dpe View Post
    I tried mage, elemental shaman and shadow priest on legion beta and it's impossible to kite melees. Casters were already in a bad spot in WoD because of melee uptime, dmg and tankiness all at the same time. In Legion casters lost so much mobility and utility (e.g. mages losing blazing speed and have to chose between double blink or double block) while melees got more mobilty? How does that make sense.

- Monks have 3 rolls that remove snares
    - Warrior has 2 charges and multiple heroic leaps
    - Rogue has endless shadowsteps
    - Demon hunters mobility is ridiculous
    - DKs are now ranged(WTF?)

I'm worried because the numbers are not even tuned yet and the pre-patch is coming in 3 days while these basic game breaking unbalances between casters and melees has not been fixed yet.

EDIT: Some people still don't understand so I say it again. This is not solely about numbers. It's the basic class balance between melee and casters that is supposed to be in a good state, is completely flawed that is probably not going to change in the future (same problem existed in WoD beta). I have never heard any PvP designers talk about this at all.

builds and specs are NOT intended to be balanced for lvl 100 play, hence why the pvp season ends before patch goes live.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    builds and specs are NOT intended to be balanced for lvl 100 play, hence why the pvp season ends before patch goes live.
    WoD beta/ptr flashback

'Guys it's just not balanced right now and these underlying mechanical imbalances are totally going to be fine, you'll see!'

2 months later: FUCK THIS SHIT

you guys never cease to amaze

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Nice story, except for shadow priests have absolutely no roots in legion.
    You're right, I meant slows.

I have a feeling a lot of ranged certainly think some 40 sec perma snare is balanced. The longer the snares from casters the more you need to up the burst dmg from melee to make it balanced or casters dont stand any risk of dying before they are healed up to full.

Pretty striking that casters// ranged thing it is a bad thing to not be able to snare for ever, when that snare scenario is whats created the problem in the first place

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    You're right, I meant slows.
    Which are nonexistent as well. unless, of course, you mean a slow from Mind flay, which is ridiculous because every melee except for retri pala has dozen of gap closers which make it useless. That's a huge part of problem, no melees (except for retri pala) run to you anymore, they all are teleporting to you instantly instead.
    Last edited by l33t; 2016-07-16 at 08:34 PM.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    I have a feeling a lot of ranged certainly think some 40 sec perma snare is balanced. The longer the snares from casters the more you need to up the burst dmg from melee to make it balanced or casters dont stand any risk of dying before they are healed up to full.

Pretty striking that casters// ranged thing it is a bad thing to not be able to snare for ever, when that snare scenario is whats created the problem in the first place
    Agreed. People always blow shit like this out of proportion. I played melee in early iterations of WoW, so I know the pain of being endlessly kited, with long snares, stuns, and fears etc.

I'm so so so sorry that melee can actually hit you now.

7+ Year Old Account
    And you're an idiot if you believe it will be any different once Legion goes live.

Blizz has a huge melee boner and has been screwing casters over since the day WoD went live.

In MoP casters had 2 times the cc/mobility and could cast while moving or had tons of instant casts while melees had the same amount of mobility. Then WoD came and casters were gutted while melees retained everything. Seems balanced, kek.
    At first Blizzard was cycling; BC favored melee, WOTLK favored casters, Cata was the Melee expansion, MoP was the ranged expansion then came WoD which was Melee again.

But then Blizzard realized that casuals and new players prefer Melee, and those same melee are short-tempered and quit PvP when they can't have their way, so now they are catering to them.

Which they will most likely be in a 3v3 setting.

Deleted
    Casters have the benefit of being able to be peeled from. There's no 1v1 gap closer trading equally with distance creators anymore.

WoD beta/ptr flashback

'Guys it's just not balanced right now and these underlying mechanical imbalances are totally going to be fine, you'll see!'

2 months later: FUCK THIS SHIT

you guys never cease to amaze

Naah it might actually be playable for once this time around when you arent going to be perma snared for 45seconds not being able to do anything to the caster

Listen to Trump, he is always correct.

as if anything planned for level 110 and an artifact weapon wont be weird at 100.

Blizzard has removed the arms race: kite anti kite etc.

at 100 you have 1 pvp talent. none of the others. so chill.
    at 100 the pvp template were not tested extensively if at all on beta. chill again.

If all fail, consider that wow has been a caster heaver for close to 11 years and now you might get a little scared when a melee is on your ass.

you can still reroll too.

Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    Casters have the benefit of being able to be peeled from. There's no 1v1 gap closer trading equally with distance creators anymore.
    So, basically, fight with a proper team or get rekt.

Still, while some people certainly like being hipsters swimming against mainstream, I see no reason to do 30x the effort, when you can just play melee and reck the world with no brainwork involved.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Deleted
    Just to show you that Blizzard is actually aware of melees being op, they've already nerfed melee interrupts, they only lock you out for about half of the time now.

There's just still work to be done there, before you can enjoy playing the game as a caster class other than affliction warlock or frost mage again.

Just to show you that Blizzard is actually aware of melees being op, they've already nerfed melee interrupts, they only lock you out for about half of the time now.

There's just still work to be done there, before you can enjoy playing the game as a caster class other than affliction warlock or frost mage again.
    "Make casters OP again" ... yeah, I get it.

Deleted
    "Make casters OP again" ... yeah, I get it.
    being able to play elemental shamans, destruction warlocks and other worthless specs (atm) is not making casters OP 'again'

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    So, basically, fight with a proper team or get rekt.

Still, while some people certainly like being hipsters swimming against mainstream, I see no reason to do 30x the effort, when you can just play melee and reck the world with no brainwork involved.
    That's basically how I remember most casters since wotlk anyway.