Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Seriously though OP, as with all sub games, FFXIV has a free trial you should check out. And if you have an account they're running a campaign where old accounts can log in for free for a few days to check everything out.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Deleted
    Wildstar - the best themepark mmo currently on the market, at least according to me.
    I'm playing it, I'm loving it and I don't need any other mmo

I would highly recommend trying WildStar
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Quote Originally Posted by akaTheDude View Post
    I would highly recommend trying WildStar
    Wildstar is a great MMO, just made several mistakes on launching it and have been paying for it ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by Niggums View Post
    Wildstar is a great MMO, just made several mistakes on launching it and have been paying for it ever since.
    The mistake was the second someone's money greenlit Wildstar. It was never going to do well as a sub based game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    Forgot about The Secret World, it's actually a very good quest oriented MMORPG with puzzles that no other equivalent has. Granted these puzzles are really arbitrary and heavily built into finding the correct object to pull, which dick head to kill, and secret phrase or number. Don't think there are many physics puzzles or the like, which can get tedious. Obviously google exists and lets you skip any you just don't enjoy. I may actually try it out again if they fixed the fucked up progression system, where if you experimented too much early on you were pigeon holed into grinding out for many days to get enough points to get stronger builds.
    The progression is the same as it's ever been, honestly I'd just look up a good build. However every main quest is repeatable (story quests aren't with the exception of Tokyo), and gives the same AP/SP reward every time, so you're only out the initial time spent.

TSW is a pretty good game with an active player base, I'd recommend that for solo/dungeons and Wildstar for group PvE. Wildstar's current problem is a small player base, and the worry that the game will be gone in a year -- nothing really with the game itself anymore other than the stupid IP thing.
    Shhhhh, she's doing magical trig bullshit trig substitutions

Hey mate may i suggest to you this

for a free to play game - Neverwinter is pretty darn impressive. unfortunately, its also pretty pay to win AND can get extremely repetitive and grindy at some points. still I played it for about a year or so on and off and had fun while I did it. it plays similarly to Tera combat-wise, but I enjoyed it a lot more then Tera. personally. Foundry can be hit or miss, but it greately extends the amount of content you get acess to as a player, especially solo player. and I still miss original Gauntlgrym

but I'm serious about Secret world. I know I didn't get better at it (or at pc gaming in general), especially after taking like a year's break, but when restarting to play recently - things got much MUCH easier to kill for me with the same built I stopped playing with. so I would guess some of the combat was reworked and rebalanced

I really enjoyed WoW, I started playing right before BWL was released and quit for good after the tier of WoD. I had a lot of fun playing WoW, and I was in hardcore guilds, and was competitive world wide during Wrath. But the game just became more of a job, and nothing against people who play it now . . . but the community just became really too toxic, and I was too consumed in hardcore raiding to really enjoy the game anymore. I just have no desire to go back.
    I really enjoyed FFXIV, but the Dec. after release when we defeated Twintania . . . cause there was nothing else to do, I tried coming back a few months later, but it was just hard to get going in a static or linkshell. If I could find a solid group to play with again, I would love to just start fresh and get back into it.
    I enjoyed SWTOR, but same thing . . . the content just wasn't there. I enjoyed the story, but there wasn't enough content for me. I just decided I still want to raid and that it is my favorite part of any of MMO, but I kind of had to hit the reset button. I'm just looking for something with a good community, and a strong end game. I'll take a look at some of the mom's suggested and will most def. look at FFXIV again. It's been long enough where the majority will be kind of new. Thanks so much for all the suggestions!

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    If you've never played it before, Guild Wars 2. It is a bit boring in the endgame, but the journey until there is one of the best.

Also, WvW rocks!

Deleted
    You want story ? you want fun ? you want the best end game ever ? Wildstar...a cut above the rest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony3187 View Post
    Aion is the most underrated MMO I have played in the West that isn't WoW....
    I love grinders, but Aion was way grindy for me. I got hacked once and they leveled my toon and had level appropriate gear. Was pretty though.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    Guild Wars 2
    Black Desert (very different MMO but the graphics will put your new computer to the test)
    Blade & Soul (very pvp oriented)

Are my 3 favorite MMO's other than WoW.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    High quality MMORPGs worth checking out:

- SWTOR (F2P version is too limited for some, subscription version is first-rate)
    - FFXIV (initial launched version sucked, Reborn version - current one - is first-rate)
    - Wildstar (F2P version is very solid)
    - ESO (initial launched version was tepid, current version is actually very good...recommend PC version only)
    - GW2 (B2P - awesome leveling experience, top level content has mixed opinions)
    - Neverwinter (pretty good for a F2P)
    - Blade & Soul (another pretty good for F2P)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll throw in another vote for Neverwinter. It has a large playerbase and is a solid game that is not going away anytime soon. They still update it regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    High quality MMORPGs worth checking out:

- SWTOR (F2P version is too limited for some, subscription version is first-rate)
    - FFXIV (initial launched version sucked, Reborn version - current one - is first-rate)
    - Wildstar (F2P version is very solid)
    - ESO (initial launched version was tepid, current version is actually very good...recommend PC version only)
    - GW2 (B2P - awesome leveling experience, top level content has mixed opinions)
    - Neverwinter (pretty good for a F2P)
    - Blade & Soul (another pretty good for F2P)
    What he said Also, I would add two awesome games:
    - Anarchy Online - maany years ago (about 10 to 14) it was one of the most popular MMORPGs and the only great Sci-Fi mmo available in these years. Simple, but very fun, if You enjoy calm questing, mission generators, soloable dungeons, huuuge class diversion, you will enjoy it, I still play it from time to time, regardless of it's old age
    - Albion Online - https://albiononline.com/ - final stage of open beta, great housing, crafting and prive islands system, no classes, it more like elder scrolls/gw2, where you focus on using specified weapons and gear + professions. Relaxing graphics, amazing updates coming: https://albiononline.com/en/update/ELAINE and many more, launch date: November 22th, this year.

Deleted
    FFXIV is probably the best one out there right now. Might have changed, I've quit after several months of savage after release of heavensward, as it felt too much like TotC.

I would say avoid neverwinter, it looses a lot of appeal lategame and starts to cost a bit too much for a f2p. Also random lootboxes everywhere. Oh, and latency issues are real in engame pve/pvp.

BnS is really fun, but optimization is beyond crap, lategame is one giant grindfest (literally, you will be grinding daily for gold/materials/loot drops with random stats on it) and they nickel-and-dime you like there's no tomorrow.

WS is solid, especially now, but I never got over the bullshit loot rules at the launch, no matter how many times I tried to come back

Don't have that strong of an opinion about other ones, mainly because none of them managed to keep my interest past the initial 1-2 months.

Would highly recommend Tera. Excellent F2P model (though it used to be even better), gets fairly regular updates and has probably the most enjoyable combat system of any modern MMO. Graphics are visually stunning as well. Not too much into it for a "main" MMO but definitely worth a look.

I'd say FFXIV is probably the best one. It's a bit too much like TBC in some areas but a solid game.
    The Secret World is absolutely amazing too.

Wanted to pop in and also highly recommend The Secret World, my current MMO bae of choice.

-It has, hands down, THE best story, atmosphere, characters, and dialogue of any MMO currently out there, SWTOR included. Hell, it even beats out a lot of single player RPG games in those departments as well, in my opinion.

-Has the friendliest and most mature community I've ever met in any of the MMOs I've yet played. The fact that it is B2P helps to filter out the trolls that casually wander into other, popular F2P games, among other factors.

-If you're interested in endgame PVE content, TSW has dungeons, raids, and scenarios of varying difficulties to satisfy players of all skill levels. Nightmare-level dungeons and scenarios are among the most challenging game content I've ever played in any MMO, and as of this post, the Nightmare-level raids in TSW have still only been cleared by a percentage of the player population numbering in the single-digits.

-If you're a more casual player, worry not! All of TSW's main storyline can be completed solo, and most dungeons and raids have their own self-contained storylines, which can be completed at lower difficulties if you're only interested in the experience of those dungeons and raids.

-Tired of missions where you're told to go out and kill a bunch of stuff? Well...TSW has those too. But it also has Sabotage and Investigation missions! Sabotage missions encourage you to use stealth and avoid combat, while Investigation missions are straight up puzzles, often asking you to do such things as translating demonic runes into Latin, and then into English, in order to progress the mission. And that's just one example!

-Like customizing your character? To the Hell Dimensions with how cumbersome something like Transmog in WarCraft is! In TSW, your appearance and the clothing you wear are completely separate from the gear that actually gives you your stats, allowing you to wear whatever you want, whenever you want. It's as simple as opening your in-game Dressing Room, selecting a piece of clothing you've bought or unlocked, and clicking wear!

And all that is just what I could just dash out off the top of my head! I've always felt The Secret World could use more love and recognition, and I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who's grown tired of WoW or any of the other MMOs currently out there.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"