View Poll Results: Which spec are you going to main in Legion?

Voters
165. This poll is closed
  • Fire

104 63.03%
  • Frost

36 21.82%
  • Arcane

25 15.15%
Page 1 of 3
LastLast

[POLL] Which spec are you going to main?

Which spec are you going to main in Legion? Are you going to play mostly PvP, PvE or lil' bit of everything? Any thoughts?

I'll start with Fire, but will end up playing what's best for progression while avoiding PVP like the plague.

Going to main spec arcane in Legion with a focus on PvE unless there is an artifact skin I really want from PvP.

Arcane is the most fun of the new specs to me.

New fire feels very vanilla, especially with combustion not being anything interesting.

I'll play arcane unless it's totally unplayable which is unlikely.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    I'll play arcane unless it's totally unplayable which is unlikely.
    It currently is.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fire to start, although I will be heavily testing frost starting next week
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Deleted
    It'd be wrong to main a spec.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    It'd be wrong to main a spec.
    It's kind of a bit different this expansion. You basically have no choice but to have one spec's artifact kitted out ahead of the others or be way behind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    It's kind of a bit different this expansion. You basically have no choice but to have one spec's artifact kitted out ahead of the others or be way behind.
    Long term, not even that is true.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    It currently is.
    Eh, still going Arcane.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Long term, not even that is true.
    It depends on the time investment.

Weapon of my choice is great balls of fire

I always like fire better, though most of the time it was barely playable and/or competitive compared to frost or arcane. Glad that seems to be changing.
    Last edited by Sunfire; 2016-07-15 at 08:57 AM. Reason: typo

10+ Year Old Account
    Whatever the smart folks over at AT say is best for high end progression. It'll probably be what is best for ST, so either arc or frost, but I'll main whatever will keep me my raid spot.

Deleted
    Fire looks to be the best.

I don't know why but I like Fire and Arcane over Frost for PvE. Mage looks pretty straight forward and enjoyable for LEGION. Still not sure if I want to roll mage, but from what I've seen it seems to be a very "typical" caster class. Not as exciting as Shadow Priest, but being a Mage always is benefitial if aiming for good dps because there never has been a single period of time where all 3 mage specs have been bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Always loved the arcane aesthetic and arcane missiles + arcane barrage so I'll be sticking with arcane.

Deleted
    So I mained a mage for many years, from beta phase of vanilla, and up untill cata where I switched main to warrior. Since then I still play a lot of mage- even got legendary cloak in MoP and ring in WOD on it.
    As I spend most of my alpha and beta time on playing warrior, I haven't had much time to play mage, however I will play a lot of mage in Legion.
    What I have tested was fire and arcane. I really enjoy both of them, and I think ill go fire.
    Even with all the pve I do , my main preference is actually random pvp. I still enjoy pve, but I prefers the fast short time action which pvp is

10+ Year Old Account
    Fire in hopes that it stays competitive for Single Target. Frost looks incredibly dull and lifeless, especially with FFB being gone. Arcane has never been enjoyable to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know. I really don't know.

My head says Arcane, my heart says Frost. Every time I think about I decide 'Arcane' but then after I leave the apparently completed decision, the desire to play Frost nags at me. Then when I start saying maybe I should go Frost, Arcane's perks start nagging me.

It won't be fire. No greater invis, no decent ice barrier and doing enough damage that you just know they are going to get hit with the nerf hammer sooner rather than later.

I'd kill for a beta invite, just to give the specs a whirl with maxxed out artifacts.

Speaking of which, Frost has the most gorgeous artifact skins of any class in the game.
    Last edited by Obelisk Kai; 2016-07-15 at 08:05 PM.

Deleted
    I'll start with Fire, I find it the most fun and visually impressive and so far it seems to be the most functional from the start.

My second choice is Arcane because it has some really fun mechanics such as Greater Invis and Displacement. Once all artifact traits are unlocked the spec should feel cohesive.

Arcane and especially Fire also shape up to be good for PvP. I will try some normal BGs for prestige unlocks.

What will be the main stats for all the specs?

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    What will be the main stats for all the specs?
    Crit for fire, mastery for arcane, probably haste for frost but unsure.