Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is glyph of momentum gone in Legion?

Is glyph of momentum gone in Legion? Would really be upset about it if it was.

Just found this. http://wow.mmozone.de/legion-alpha-build-20979/

Looks like its been removed. That is just terrible. Looks like Im moving on to a different class.

First of all you shouldn't play a class due to a minor glyphs, the glyph is nice though. Secondly, as I show you it's still in the beta talents if you look down on minor glyphs.

But I'll guess we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    First of all you shouldn't play a class due to a minor glyphs, the glyph is nice though. Secondly, as I show you it's still in the beta talents if you look down on minor glyphs.

But I'll guess we'll see.
    I play fire mage because its fun. But I liked to blink which ever direction I was running. If they removed the glyph I wouldn't be able to do that and it really messes up the way I play. When I kite melee I am able to cast while strafing. With glyph of momentum, when melee catch up to me, I can blink behind them and out of their sight instead of blinking infront of them and remaining in sight.

Quote Originally Posted by yoge View Post
    I play fire mage because its fun. But I liked to blink which ever direction I was running. If they removed the glyph I wouldn't be able to do that and it really messes up the way I play. When I kite melee I am able to cast while strafing. With glyph of momentum, when melee catch up to me, I can blink behind them and out of their sight instead of blinking infront of them and remaining in sight.
    You'll have to wait when Pre-Patch comes I hope it stays aswell, I can't see any reason why it shouldn't.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    You'll have to wait when Pre-Patch comes I hope it stays aswell, I can't see any reason why it shouldn't.
    It's gone. It impacted combat, however slightly.

Evaporation, unbound elemental, sparkles, smoulder, polymorphic proportions, crittermorph. That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    It's gone. It impacted combat, however slightly.

Evaporation, unbound elemental, sparkles, smoulder, polymorphic proportions, crittermorph. That's it.
    Why is our glyph list so tiny and shit?
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    lol. I'm rolling DK.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    We have Illusion and Arcane Linguist from undiscovered books? But yeah pretty depressing. I would have at least liked to see the palette swap Ice Barrier like AMS got, and some nice Arcane/Frost post-major CD effect like smoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    We have Illusion and Arcane Linguist from undiscovered books? But yeah pretty depressing. I would have at least liked to see the palette swap Ice Barrier like AMS got, and some nice Arcane/Frost post-major CD effect like smoulder.
    I mean, I'd argue our glyph list has always been the worst selection, but with Legion, it just got like 10x worse. It's just sad now
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

As much as I don't care about cosmetic glyphs at all, I care A LOT about Glyph of Momentum. I litteraly have it on 100% of the time and for me, Blink works sideways. Having this glyph off feels so unnatural, why the f*ck are they removing this ?

Quote Originally Posted by Araitik View Post
    As much as I don't care about cosmetic glyphs at all, I care A LOT about Glyph of Momentum. I litteraly have it on 100% of the time and for me, Blink works sideways. Having this glyph off feels so unnatural, why the f*ck are they removing this ?
    I've been blinking sideways since forever. And now they remove it. Fkn bullshit. 0

10+ Year Old Account
    Both [Glyph of Momentum] and [Glyph of Counterspell] should have been integrated into their respective spells by default, because, far from restricting, they added more possibilities...

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Both [Glyph of Momentum] and [Glyph of Counterspell] should have been integrated into their respective spells by default, because, far from restricting, they added more possibilities...
    I liked Momentum as a choice, especially since it forced you to blink in the direction you were being knocked back if you were knocked back/up/etc.

But yeah, they better come out with some more glyphs in the future because our selection right now is beyond laughable.

Well, if it's gone. Then I think it's about time they fix Blink. It's so buggy

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked Momentum as a choice, especially since it forced you to blink in the direction you were being knocked back if you were knocked back/up/etc.
    Well, that could be fixed easily:

[Blink]: "Teleports you 20 yds in the direction you are moving/trying to move or facing, unless something is in the way. Also frees you from all stuns and bonds"

This way if you are being knocked back and you want to [Blink] forward, you only have to push the "W" key of your keyboard at the same time you cast [Blink], et voilà, you are teleported 20 yds forward even before you fall to the floor due to the knockback...

Baaaaaah. Glyph of Momentum was the only thing that made Blink useful for me. I'm uncoordinated and have trouble keeping track of what's going on a lot of the time. Dammit!

Now we'll all have to learn to turn on the fly, like hunters with Disengage, I suppose.

.....but yes, it sucks. Although, I think we've known it is going to go away for a very long time now - we just weren't sure if Blizzard is serious about it, so I don't see why we should complain now.
    See here for my own Mage solo (and sometimes other classes too.)
    And also see this document for my efforts at listing solo kills of every class. Please do not hesitate to message me if there is some kill I have failed to record.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would hardly call this game breaking, since all you need to do is turn your character. Any mage worth his conjure food ability will be able to make up for the lack of the glyph. It's back to being a skillshot type ability now
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore