Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    amazing show.

it is the only show I watched a complete season in one sitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    SNIP.... The kid actors were annoying. They were over acting.
    You are possibly the only person I have ever seen say that. I've seen mixed reactions to Lucas's anger or resentment or jealously but nothing along the lines of annoying or over acting.

I thought the kids were damn near the lynch pin of the show. Right there nest to Winona and David Harbour. All such strong acting for this.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.
    Last edited by quras; 2016-08-26 at 08:23 PM.

This show was AWESOME, I'm an 80's kid my self and you can easily tell they went all out to really capture how it was back then. I'm looking forward to the next season, only part i didn't like was she ended up with the jock.

Supposedly Stranger Things is one of Netflix's biggest hits ever. From the report I saw, it claimed the show was gaining more and more viewers per week too.

Bravo. I don't think Netflix has ever done better. Well deserved success.

Deleted
    I'm surprised how popular this show seems to be (mostly because I'm not into supernatural stuff), even my wife (she's very picky) gave a lot of love for the first season.

Quote Originally Posted by Paggimm View Post
    I'm surprised how popular this show seems to be (mostly because I'm not into supernatural stuff), even my wife (she's very picky) gave a lot of love for the first season.
    I went in wihtout a clue to what it was other than I do like Winona Rider.

How it capture much of the 80's time, the freedoms we had as kids back then and the movies that most grew up watching and games we played.

I left 8 episodes later amazed at how good it was from nearly every aspect.

Deleted
    I really liked this Netflix original - took me a day to watch the entire show! Liked the whole 80s theme, liked the story, liked actors, liked literally the entire show! Cannot wait for season 2 - hopefully there will be further explanation of everything, like the slug being cuffed up at the end? The up-side-down showing in the bathroom and more! I AM SO HYPED!

Given the current drought the show was unexpectedly fine but not not amazing. Acrobatic plot was all over the place. Maybe season 2 will tie some things up. I admit though that suspense was well worked and character development was great.

Looks like a season 2 has been officially approved.

https://twitter.com/netflix/status/770961894869905408

Looks like we even get episode titles as well as 9 episodes instead of the 8 we got last season.

Mad Max
    The Boy Who Came Back To Life
    The Pumpkin Patch
    The Palace
    The Storm
    The Pollywog
    The Secret Cabin
    The Brain
    The Lost Brother
    Last edited by quras; 2016-08-31 at 01:23 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    This series completes me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Netflix and the Duffer Brothers are killing it with this show. The preview for season two is a slice of marketing genius.

Brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Netflix and the Duffer Brothers are killing it with this show. The preview for season two is a slice of marketing genius.

Brilliant.
    I agree. The title sequence is already solid but with the episode titles in the mix it gives fans something to think about along with what we saw in Season 1 and the cliffhangers.

It was a brilliant move.

Oh man, The Pollywog, isn't that an Alice in Wonderland thing?

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Oh man, The Pollywog, isn't that an Alice in Wonderland thing?
    I think Alice has the a Caterpillar but I guess it could mean something similar. Something that changes from one thing to another.

I could see the slug as this reference. A pollywog is another name for a tadpole and it eventually morphs into a frog. Growing legs and arms and a bigger head. Losing the swimming tail. Amazing transformation really. Maybe something similar happens to the slug and we see that.

I also had a random D&D thought as well. What if its related to another monster from D&D. The Bullywug. A violent frog like creature that loves wet areas. A bit far fetched but they seem to love their D&D references.

The particular spelling of "Pollywog", with a Y, denotes a sailor who has not crossed the sea equator.

It references both transformation and 'crossing over', so to speak. I.E., the Upside Down. I think the implication is that Will can now cross over to the Upside Down at will; Will is the flea.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2016-09-01 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The particular spelling of "Pollywog", with a Y, denotes a sailor who has not crossed the sea.

It references both transformation and 'crossing over', so to speak. I.E., the Upside Down. I think the implication is that Will can now cross over to the Upside Down at will; Will is the flea.
    A side affect of being in the Upside down for so long and it's toxic nature. Interesting power but I bet that has a rather terrible and nasty condition that comes along with it. Good if you are looking for say someone trapped there like 11 but at a cost.

Watched the show in one sitting. I can't even describe how much I loved it. The directing, the acting, the plot, the effects, the music... Everything was so extremely good.

Overall I think this show is a masterpiece... 10/10
    My SWTOR referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/DZVch2 !
    That's what you get: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

Looks like we are getting 3 new characters for season 2
    http://www.gamesradar.com/stranger-t...gn=buffer_tffb

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    I think I'm right there with you. Reddit post was talking about top 10 shows people really love. I am now struggling to think of one I binged watched a solid 8 episodes and wanted more as soon as possible.

Haven't ever been this hooked to a show.
    Breaking bad. I actually watched over a season of Weeds in one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Breaking bad. I actually watched over a season of Weeds in one day.
    I enjoyed Breaking Bad but it didn't hook me like Stranger Things did. Being a teen in the 80's and enjoying all those movies Stranger Things paid homage to, I was hooked.