Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Yes, it's gun situation is hugely different than the USAs. What worked for them won't work for us.
    Because magic and fairy dust?

Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    "Extra equipment includes 2,000 sets of riot gear with body armour and batons, 2,500 steel barriers and 16 police motorcycles, CNN reported."

Yeah, I'd say it's money well spent because the gear isn't just going to vanish into thin air but will be used in operations in the future if necessary.
    Really? Then why isn't every city in the nation given the same 50 million for similar use? Because.....they'll never need it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    I was said it won't work with how we have it here too because american mindset I think it was

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really blame them to be honest. People are getting pretty freaking crazy this election. I just want it to end.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Because reasons that you should know by now from engaging in gun discussions on this form. The fact that you choose to ignore some of the better made arguments here and elsewhere really isn't my problem, and no, I'm not going to dig them up for you. Also, no, I'm not going to write you a treatise on why the two nations are different, why it worked for Australia and why it won't work here because A: I don't have the time and B: you're just going to stick your fingers in your ears and go "LALALALAA NOT LISTENING!!!" like you always do.

The short answer is: No Bill of Rights. Substantially lower gun ownership. Lack of "gun culture" and pre-existing weapon bans that limited purchasing and sale to a very few items very rarely.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account

Really? Then why isn't every city in the nation given the same 50 million for similar use? Because.....they'll never need it?
    Well let's look at the democratic convention. How come nobody is bitching about their security costs?

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/...376811081.html

Oh look, it's 43 million.

Because reasons that you should know by now from engaging in gun discussions on this form. The fact that you choose to ignore some of the better made arguments here and elsewhere really isn't my problem, and no, I'm not going to dig them up for you. Also, no, I'm not going to write you a treatise on why the two nations are different, why it worked for Australia and why it won't work here because A: I don't have the time and B: you're just going to stick your fingers in your ears and go "LALALALAA NOT LISTENING!!!" like you always do.

The short answer is: No Bill of Rights. Substantially lower gun ownership. Lack of "gun culture" and pre-existing weapon bans that limited purchasing and sale to a very few items very rarely.
    And those are hardly the "better made arguments", when it all boils down to the "can't be bothered" attitude in ever trying to sort it out over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris the Shaman View Post
    Well let's look at the democratic convention. How come nobody is bitching about their security costs?

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/...376811081.html

Oh look, it's 43 million.
    Oh look, why did they get 7 million less?

If leftists and La Raza supremacists hadn't been so damned violent this election cycle, this probably wouldn't seem like a worthwhile way to go. Here we are though.

Deleted
    That concept is at least 2500 years old. Civilization and the civilized must be protected from barbarians.

Deleted
    What makes you think the gear will stay there and isn't distributed around the state as required after the event? You don't. In fact you don't even know the full 50M$ will be used and guess what, the gear they listed there isn't going to cost 50M$, not even anywhere in the near vicinity of that number.

If this was a democratic party convention TA would have never even made this thread and none of you would be hurt that 50M$ is spent on something you feel is inappropriate.

Edit:
    Oh look, Fenris posted it. If I were to make a wild guess, a post like this was never made for that convention here? Ooh, how rare and surprising.

10+ Year Old Account
    And those are hardly the "better made arguments", when it all boils down to the "can't be bothered" attitude in ever trying to sort it out over there.

Oh look, why did they get 7 million less?
    A number of reasons I'm sure that if you read the article would be made apparent to you? If they needed more they would get more. It can be adjusted. Read the article.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh look, another meaningless statement from a non-American who clearly just doesn't "get it". You have no idea what's involved in what you're asking, but you think everyone who does and happens to disagree with you are fools because they aren't doing "it" anyway, even though you have no idea how it would be accomplished.

If you're not going to actually propose workable solutions, if you refuse to understand how two situations are different, then you really just need to STFU.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris the Shaman View Post
    A number of reasons I'm sure that if you read the article would be made apparent to you? If they needed more they would get more. It can be adjusted. Read the article.
    Said similar expenses. There's a hefty gap between 43 and 50 million.

Oh look, another meaningless statement from a non-American who clearly just doesn't "get it". You have no idea what's involved in what you're asking, but you think everyone who does and happens to disagree with you are fools because they aren't doing "it" anyway, even though you have no idea how it would be accomplished.

If you're not going to actually propose workable solutions, if you refuse to understand how two situations are different, then you really just need to STFU.
    Propose workable solutions that progun nuts can scream as attack on their "liberties" and handwave away? Point of that would be? What is meaningless is you even saying that, since people don't even seem to care to do anything at all about it. There has been plenty of opportunities and reasons to do something, and yet nothing has been done.
    Last edited by Azadina; 2016-07-17 at 06:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Said similar expenses. There's a hefty gap between 43 and 50 million.
    I think you're being a bit nitpicky.

10+ Year Old Account

Can we, you know, NOT make this thread about gun control... again?
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Can we, you know, NOT make this thread about gun control... again?
    Think there's some other reason for mass expenses on securities, other than armed civilian population? Didn't think so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    How many other natural directions are there for this to go?
    We can talk about whether or not 7,000 police is excessive, what we can do to change the atmosphere in the country so that we don't need so much security, how we can calm tensions? If anything, going on about gun control right now is a great way to divide things further, since neither side is going to budge on this any time soon and it just raises people's hackles.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Think there's some other reason for mass expenses on securities, other than armed civilian population? Didn't think so.
    Riots, looting, and burning are threats in the absence of any sort of serious weaponry. Riot gear, batons, and barriers aren't being purchased for firearm combat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Propose workable solutions that progun nuts can scream as attack on their "liberties" and handwave away? Point of that would be? What is meaningless is you even saying that, since people don't even seem to care to do anything at all about it. There has been plenty of opportunities and reasons to do something, and yet nothing has been done.
    So you're not here to actually discuss anything, just to yell at Americans for not "just doing" whatever it is you think they should do.

Hey guess what: Americans aren't going to ban guns, it just isn't realistically going to happen, so yea, we're not trying because it isn't going to happen.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Who is saying not to take precautions? 50 million dollars and 7000 police is overkill. Moderation mate.
    Not overkill, as a Cleveland native, most of us feel certain that some attacks will probably be going down here. Not from the inside of the building which will be extremely secure but rather from the outside. The risk is extremely high for such an important event that I think most can understand why the government would take all precautions possible to prevent it.

So you're not here to actually discuss anything, just to yell at Americans for not "just doing" whatever it is you think they should do.

Hey guess what: Americans aren't going to ban guns, it just isn't realistically going to happen, so yea, we're not trying because it isn't going to happen.
    Guess what: you aren't trying anything at all to reduce the amount. We don't even need to mention such drastic word as "ban" when nothing is actually being done.