Poll: Are todays generation pussies?

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Pretty accurate if you ask me. Today's entertainment is all instant gratification. So I can totally agree that this conditions kids to expect instant results. There is no need to strive for anything.
    I don't think it is just "younger generation" and "kids", it is everyone today. The life has become too easy, one can have a decent quality of life (on the West, at least) without putting in much effort in anything, including job (I am in the office right now, talking on forums - and that's how almost everyone works nowadays). We just don't have patience any more to do something for which we won't be rewarded instantly. I rarely even read books any more, since I know that I need to spend some time getting in the story for it to really kick in.

It is a bit sad... Then, perhaps it isn't too bad, as those who still are willing to do things that won't reward them fast gain a huge advantage over everyone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I don't think it is just "younger generation" and "kids", it is everyone today. The life has become too easy, one can have a decent quality of life (on the West, at least) without putting in much effort in anything, including job (I am in the office right now, talking on forums - and that's how almost everyone works nowadays). We just don't have patience any more to do something for which we won't be rewarded instantly. I rarely even read books any more, since I know that I need to spend some time getting in the story for it to really kick in.

It is a bit sad... Then, perhaps it isn't too bad, as those who still are willing to do things that won't reward them fast gain a huge advantage over everyone else.
    That is correct. If you consider the beginning of the Technological Age to be around the 70's with the advent of the home computer, then anyone who grew up in the 70's to now would be effected by this. But I think since technology is evolving at an incredible rate, those who are younger, might have it worse/better pending on your point of view. Those in my age group are the last who had the majority of kids having to go out and see people. We didn't have AOL till we were teens, and that was quite limited. Kids today have video chat and so on where they don't have to walk a few blocks away to ask a friend to come out and play.

This is not to be taken as a "get off my lawn" kind of thing. I embrace this connectivity.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    I think it's how you react to being offended.

Punching a man in the face = Moderate toughness
    Eating a mans liver while he still breaths = Pretty damn tough
    Whining about it, demanding the government make you a safe space? = Pussy status
    If we've gone from murder to "whining," I'd call that progress. Attacking someone with actual violence is not a sign of "toughness," it's typically a sign of a lack of self control. Say you disagree with a law. Which is better, to organize and petition the government to change it, or to kill the people who support it?

Deleted
    the problem is giving to much power to females , young men today are nu-males into femdom and cuck they are slowly accepting it and are turning into gay man not into men , clearly a mental disorder . I hope the muslims coming into eu will save you guys

I don't have to "think" it. I work with multiple generations, even the old timers outdo this generation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vain View Post
    the problem is giving to much power to females , young men today are nu-males into femdom and cuck they are slowly accepting it and are turning into gay man not into men , clearly a mental disorder . I hope the muslims coming into eu will save you guys
    It won't. They are too afraid to possibly "offend" those coming in. They would gladly sacrifice whatever they had to just to seem pc. Muslims can'y save them though.. look at the record....

These questions are generally bad as millennials commonly don't even recognize that they are millennials.

To answer the question, are the latest of millennials pussies? It's more or less the same as it has always been. I don't think I've seen such growth in lifters and fighters in my life and they're doing it the right way, supplementing gains with information--whether it be technique, supplements, or nutrition. 16 years ago, most guys wouldn't touch a barbell because they thought it would make them slow and short--that's just embarrassing.

People are more sensitive because they've been too comfortable for too long. We don't have to hunt or work for much other than a paycheck. We can go somewhere to get food, clothes, whatever. People are comfortable and creating stuff to get upset about to fill the void left by a lack of struggle. Just look at the word "triggered"...