Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Pacific Rim 2 is finally happening: ETA 2018

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AA1LlYE7a-g

After three years of Del Toro pushing for a sequel, actors signing on for a project that may never happen and the studios tripping over their words, Universal and Legendary have finally pulled their act together and Pacific Rim 2 is now happening for real. Boyega is the latest actor to join the project. It is unknown if the supposed deal for Maise Williams was finalized. Currently set for a February 2018 release, though knowing how the industry works there is a high chance of it being pushed back.

I like Boyega. I like Maise. I like giant robots. I like GLADOS voiced Gypsy Danger.

I am so fucking ready for this.

Edit: "Bypsy"? Really auto correct? Is that even a fucking word?!

Great news i loved the first one.

I thought the first one was utter crap to be honest. Nice concept, but badly done overall. I mean, how is it that it's better to build a wall, or giant robots, than to just develop current technology to deal with the threat?

And the whole internal view scenes, where you saw them running and controlling? Utter shit to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, the first movie was horrible.. One can only guess how bad, the next one will be..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

I actually liked the movie. Kinda silly but I enjoyed it. Happy to hear that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    I thought the first one was utter crap to be honest. Nice concept, but badly done overall. I mean, how is it that it's better to build a wall, or giant robots, than to just develop current technology to deal with the threat?

And the whole internal view scenes, where you saw them running and controlling? Utter shit to me.
    Couldn't agree more. Interesting concept, piss-poor realization. It's one of those movies where, as I was watching it, I was simultaneously watching a different, BETTER movie in my head, thinking "Geez, I wish the film makers had done THIS... it would have been so much better if they had done THAT...". I enjoyed it, but primarily because the fragments of the concept prompted that much better, non-existent movie to play in my head, not because of any merit of the movie that was actually produced.

Also, I'm getting real sick of the whole "The main hero can't surely do this" but then they manage too through some bullshit protagonist magic. Enough of the skulking high-ranking officer doubting them, but giving them a chance, or the run down but still hardcore group of "heroes".

Just give me a battle orientated movie where shit hits the fan, it's close but in the end there is a victory or defeat because of some really well planned battle or just sheer brute force. Don't make it all about some steroid fueled asshat saving the day nonsense.

Getting really sick of that shit. I wish it'd stay in the Animes and stop leaking into Movies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Well, the first movie was horrible.. One can only guess how bad, the next one will be..
    First one was fucking excellent, especially if you're a fan of giant robo anime (been a fan for 30+ years). Its like a crappier version of what an Evangelion live-action movie would be like (mechs are too similar) with different bad guys but still good.

Also can't wait for the Godzilla sequel as well!
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

7+ Year Old Account
    The movie rocked my socks. Anyone who differs, where's your movie?
    Protect the weak. Punish the wicked.
    If you have something bad to say about Blizz, come at me bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartumus22 View Post
    The movie rocked my socks. Anyone who differs, where's your movie?
    Surely Harmony Gold will find some studio to make their live action Robotech movie a reality, right guys? Guys?

I liked Pacific Rim, sure it's not the best movie I've seen, but it was fun.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    There shouldn't even be a sequel. Leave it at a solo film and move on!

Everyone who thought the first movie was crap, I have some words for you!!!!

First of all: You are entitled to your opinion and it's cool that you didn't like it. It's all good. Hope the next is more to your liking.

Second of all: I'm still excited. I'm a fanboy. I wear that badge proud.

Last: I hope ya'll have a good day and enjoy the discussion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Saw the previews/trailer for the first one. Giant robots/monsters. /yawn

Guess this is good news for fans.

the first one was totally awesome, this is good news.

Deleted

You went to see a movie about giant robots fighting giant monsters, and thought it was crap because of the giant robots?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    First one was fucking excellent, especially if you're a fan of giant robo anime (been a fan for 30+ years). Its like a crappier version of what an Evangelion live-action movie would be like (mechs are too similar) with different bad guys but still good.

Also can't wait for the Godzilla sequel as well!
    If you need to have you mech-cravings sated, go watch Real Steel, which is fairly decent..

Pacific Rim started extremely bad, took a turn for the worse and ended horribly..
    And I even have it fresh in memory, as it was shown (again) on Danish TV last night...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    You went to see a movie about giant robots fighting giant monsters, and thought it was crap because of the giant robots?
    I didn't pay to go see it, I watched it at Home.

anyone who doesn't like the combination of :

gypsy danger walking to fucking godzillawannabe with pacific rim main theme song

is not manly enough.

also fuck yeah can't wait the movie!

Deleted
    I didn't pay to go see it, I watched it at Home.
    Alright sorry, let me rephrase, you sat through a movie that is about giant robots versus giant monsters, and you know its about that within the first 5 minutes of the film, and even though you thought it was crap because of the giant robots?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    If you need to have you mech-cravings sated, go watch Real Steel, which is fairly decent..

Pacific Rim started extremely bad, took a turn for the worse and ended horribly..
    And I even have it fresh in memory, as it was shown (again) on Danish TV last night...
    I mean I don't get how you can call Pacific Rim horrible, and then recommend Real Steel, which is one of the cheesiest most cliched movies ever, but with robots.

But hey, different opinions.

Not really sure why you felt the need to come into a thread specifically about Pacific Rim to let us all know that you didn't like it though.