Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    I was really rather disappointed that I couldn't complete most of the storyline with my boyfriend, as we wanted to play together. It's not really an MMO if nearly everything is single-player. ._.
    Sorry for a necro-ish post (don't frequent this one much).

BioWare has embraced the single player game play with KotFE and largely ignored and/ or done away with the multiplayer portion of the game. It's still there if you want to partake, but it's very bare bones compared to the single player fare available. They know what they're good at and are sticking to it. Can't fault them for that as the single player experience is top notch, but I do wish they had more substance in the end game multiplayer/ raiding scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post

BioWare has embraced the single player game play with KotFE and largely ignored and/ or done away with the multiplayer portion of the game. It's still there if you want to partake, but it's very bare bones compared to the single player fare available. They know what they're good at and are sticking to it. Can't fault them for that as the single player experience is top notch, but I do wish they had more substance in the end game multiplayer/ raiding scene.
    I wish they had just made kotor 3 instead of an MMO if they were just going to slide into single player at the end.

Alas the price of hubris.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post

I completely understand that they've done so. I caught on the first time my boyfriend and I weren't able to be in the same instance during the storyline. But it was marketed to me as an MMO, and it doesn't feel like one in their new story content. That's what bugs me.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    After Fallen Empire being pretty underwhelming out of the gate (haven't picked up the rest of the chapters yet), I'm holding off on any remote chances of hype until I hear a lot more. And even then I'm going to keep my expectations low, since I was hyped as shit for Fallen Empire and it wasn't what I'd hoped it would be given how BioWare was hyping it up.

I'll wake up when they start detailing new content and systems, especially if they'll remember that they're running a MMO and adding anything to that aspect of the game this time.
    Same. I'm staying away until they bring back Jaessa.

Come on, they bring back frigging sassy-pants VETTE but not Jaessa? Fuck off bioware.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Maybe but blizzard couldn't do better these days which was the question.
    if legion is any indication? wrong.

WoD was a flop, nobody is arguing that. But one single flop doesn't make a company an automatic failure.

Also Blizzard =/= wow.

The company makes plenty of other games, which have been incredibly polished and highly successful, one has to look at Overwatch, HOTS, HS, Diablo, Starcraft, AND Warcraft, rather than pidgeon hole a single game, in a single franchise, as a representation of the quality standards of a rather huge company.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    I wish they had just made kotor 3 instead of an MMO if they were just going to slide into single player at the end.

Alas the price of hubris.
    agreed.

This could have been an award-winning near revolutionary game if it was a single-player RPG like Mass Effect, but with co-op capabilities, with 8 campaigns that can be played with friends.

Instead, they wanted a wow-clone and got their asses beat. HARD.

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post

if legion is any indication? wrong.

SNIP....
    We'll we simply will not be agreeing here.

I got to play legion beta and I didn't get any better feeling than i did from WoD or MoP.

Doesn't mean that can't change once its released and things get patched but no, for an MMO, I definitely don't think blizzard would do any better. They have done better in the past but nothing for a while now.
    Last edited by quras; 2016-08-19 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    We'll we simply will not be agreeing here.

I got to play legion beta and I didn't get any better feeling than i did from WoD or MoP.

Doesn't mean that can't change once its released and things get patched but no, for an MMO, I definitely don't think blizzard would do any better. They have done better in the past but nothing for a while now.
    8 months ago I would definitely agree with you. I think the only thing more depressing than WoD has been KotFE. I played enough Legion beta to know it's going to be better than WoD. Probably not BC/Wrath level, but still a big improvement. That pathetic Arcann fight alone was enough to turn me off of SWTOR for awhile. SERIOUSLY... THE SHIELD DID ALL THE WORK. WHY WERE WE EVEN THERE?! What was the point of powering up a special weapon we didn't even really use?

14 months of HFC is pretty lame, but we haven't seen a new op in this game since 3.0 launched at the end of 2014. It's okay though, my DvL character is going to get to do it all over again!

I'm just not okay with now they take all my favorite companions from each character, and NONE of them come back for KoTFE.

My bounty hunter still has no mako, but hey GAULT is back. Ugh.

My agent still has no Vector back, but hey, bitchy kaliyo is back. Ugh. And they made SCORPIO betray you, regardless of what you do. Because fuck you.

My Warrior still has no Jaessa back, but hey, sassy-pants Vette is back. Ugh. Generic-ton pierce is back, and even though this expansion got kinda infamous for letting you KILL former companions, Quinn, the one companion out of the original 40 that I wanted dead the most, is nowhere to be seen. Just fucking great.

And my inquisitor? well, fuck her, I guess, because they bring back everyone on her team except the two that mattered to me. Come on, they bring a generic whatshisname Dashadee to fill the shoes of Khem....... INSTEAD OF BRINGING BACK FRIGGING KHEM. And of course, no Ashara.

Its not any better in the republic side...

Since for the Knight the only companion that comes back is T7, which is nice yes, but neither Kira, nor Doc are anywhere to be seen.

For the trooper, pretty much the only one where they did right by her, as they brought Aric back, and frankly, I never really liked the rest of the team.

For the consular, they bring back the two generic guys, but not either of the romance options X_X

and for the smuggler? Well fuck him sideways, because NOT ONE of his companions show up, either as major, or minor roles, whatsoever. Its a complete full wipe.

Blergh.

Prior to release, I was really hyped over the idea of being able to recruit specific companions from other classes, as Jaessa, Doc, Vector, Aric, Mako, and Khem are my ultimate favorite people out of the whole 40 original compainons. And I was EAGER to assemble a crew out of the finest that all the original 8 classes had to offer, while simultaneously getting to kill off some of the ones I disliked the most, such as Quinn, Skadge, Broonmark, and Tano.

Well, they sort of delivered on the latter, as you can kill several former companions, but the one I wanted dead the most is nowhere to be seen. And they DEFINITELY didn't deliver on the former, as only ONE of my favorites came back. They rest don't even get a cameo.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeba View Post
    8 months ago I would definitely agree with you. I think the only thing more depressing than WoD has been KotFE. I played enough Legion beta to know it's going to be better than WoD. Probably not BC/Wrath level, but still a big improvement. That pathetic Arcann fight alone was enough to turn me off of SWTOR for awhile. SERIOUSLY... THE SHIELD DID ALL THE WORK. WHY WERE WE EVEN THERE?! What was the point of powering up a special weapon we didn't even really use?

14 months of HFC is pretty lame, but we haven't seen a new op in this game since 3.0 launched at the end of 2014. It's okay though, my DvL character is going to get to do it all over again!
    I'm not giving SWTOR any kudos at this time either. Build a super force weapon that doesn't matter. Last fight was a POS with arcann. Bioware to preach choice matter for so long and your choices mean nothing. You are the commander of this allaince and you might as well be a wall flower for all you do to command. Our characters are nothing but dumbass along for the short bus ride in SWTOR.

SWTOR has been just as dismal in both story and content.

Personally, I think wow and SWTOR are both are trying as hard as they can for last place. For what I said, no I don't think blizzard could be better but I also don't think BW is doing a good job either.

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    And my inquisitor? well, fuck her, I guess, because they bring back everyone on her team except the two that mattered to me. Come on, they bring a generic whatshisname Dashadee to fill the shoes of Khem....... INSTEAD OF BRINGING BACK FRIGGING KHEM. And of course, no Ashara.

For the consular, they bring back the two generic guys, but not either of the romance options X_X.
    My main two classes, been away for awhile, mostly due to hearing I'd be losing my Nadia. I really liked roaming around with Xalek and Ashara, though Xalek always seemed broken, even after he was supposedly fixed. So much invested in my shadow and Nadia, losing her pretty much killed my desire to play. I'm so bored with WoW and Legion that I was looking to get back into SWTOR but now.... Blah.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

idk what i'm seeing but...

i am fucking excited.

Folks saying it looks like Blur working on it, I'm sure it's going to be a fantastic trailer.

If only the game could be even a fraction to as awesome as the trailers are : /

Folks saying it looks like Blur working on it, I'm sure it's going to be a fantastic trailer.

I don't know, I just went through the expac and it was a pretty fun story, quite engaging. It's just the integration of the actual gameplay that can get tedious...

I didn't sub and get the HK bonus story for example, so I watched the video on youtube of the cutscenes, while it may lose a bit in the transitions due to gameplay, it was still a very entertaining video, much better than a lot of tv shows.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

the story would have been perfect, had they kept force users and non-force users separate.

i feel like the useless non-force users drag us down. they can't have us stand as much of a chance as we should have at early places, because it's not believable for the non-force users. the whole story itself is damaged by having us go against the same enemy, because no non-force users should be able to compete at the levels we are now. random jedi knights? yes. darths? pushing it, only someone like jango fett. vitiate? no, no way.

Thats where I'm at.

Looking more forward to a blur trailer than the actual game ATM.

One can only hope all the hype bw is trying to build and information they release Oct. 7 is actually interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    the story would have been perfect, had they kept force users and non-force users separate.

i feel like the useless non-force users drag us down. they can't have us stand as much of a chance as we should have at early places, because it's not believable for the non-force users. the whole story itself is damaged by having us go against the same enemy, because no non-force users should be able to compete at the levels we are now. random jedi knights? yes. darths? pushing it, only someone like jango fett. vitiate? no, no way.
    your character is at the level of jango fett
    and you aren't able to compete with vitiate
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    your character is at the level of jango fett
    and you aren't able to compete with vitiate
    arcann's probably at least a bit higher than vitiate's level pre-resurgance on yavin 4, the level at which he lost to the knight. yes, he legitimately lost in that fight, he had to rest at yavin 4 to get his strength back.

not even jango fett would be able to stand with a person like marr or satele, and the force users are much stronger than both of them together now.

the non-force users are a drag on the story telling when put into the same story as force users. the best way is to separate them. having two stories tailored to each would be perfect. have the force users be the commander, and the non-force users be in the position of admiral aygo.

not even jango fett would be able to stand with a person like marr or satele, and the force users are much stronger than both of them together now.
    nah, the PC would, considering the PC of any class kills Darth Malgus solo
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

arcann's probably at least a bit higher than vitiate's level pre-resurgance on yavin 4, the level at which he lost to the knight. yes, he legitimately lost in that fight, he had to rest at yavin 4 to get his strength back.

the non-force users are a drag on the story telling when put into the same story as force users. the best way is to separate them. having two stories tailored to each would be perfect. have the force users be the commander, and the non-force users be in the position of admiral aygo.
    Now you'll have all the non-force users complaining about how they play "second fiddle" to force users, so you've got a solid chunk of your community pissed off. Not to mention you're back into the problem where they need to create multiple simultaneous storylines, something that they do not seem remotely interested in. So we'll get the hackneyed attempts to make a force-centric storyline that doesn't even make sense for force users half the time fit in with non-force users because they're "force sensitive" or some BS.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    nah, the PC would, considering the PC of any class kills Darth Malgus solo
    nox and the wrath are the only two with unique dialogue for doing it solo. it's pretty clear the only canon solo there is either of those two.

malgus wasn't as strong as marr, either. marr was capable of defending his armies single-handedly, deflecting enemy blaster fire better than shielding could.