10+ Year Old Account

SpaceX CRS-9 launch - T-12 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThIdCuSsJh8

Trying for a second first stage landing on land.

- - - Updated - - -

Another successful landing and spacecraft is in orbit.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Fucking hell, I forgot about this, been hearing noises for a while, 12:57 or so rolls around my entire house shook, I was certain the gas station down the road had a complete failure

10+ Year Old Account
    Things these guys do... This is the future, right here, right now!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

So I see this bright light falling and think it must be a flare or something until I notice that it's slowing down... Then there's a freaking explosion that sounds like the end of the world.

Turns out it's just a rocket landing. So much more boring than anything else it could have been. >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats awesome.

Layman understanding, being able to consistently land 1st stages should translate into cheaper/faster turnaround times when it comes to reaching LEO. I think NASA is trying to step away from LEO after the ISS but it does open up LEO to a lot of private/commercial entities should they step up to the plate.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Oooh, they landed on land this time?
    Was only to LEO so they had plenty of fuel for the turn around. From what I hear they only land on barges when they don't have enough fuel.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Thats awesome.

Layman understanding, being able to consistently land 1st stages should translate into cheaper/faster turnaround times when it comes to reaching LEO. I think NASA is trying to step away from LEO after the ISS but it does open up LEO to a lot of private/commercial entities should they step up to the plate.
    Well, they've also landed after delivering payloads beyond LEO.