Page 3 of 92 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    I'll update the openers to include that sure.

And Demonic Empowerment does Pandemic (it's included in the Mechanics section).
    Right on, man!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    Isn't that distorted by the T18 and trinket though? Look at the damage breakdown, unless I'm wrong, 30% of the damage was from the demons summoned by your tier armour bonus (the ones that proc off imp firebolts), probably quite a lot from the three extra imps from the class trinket too

The way that T18 and class trinket synergise with redesigned demonology is broken six ways to Sunday and is in no way indicative of how good demo is. Without those gear crutches it's going to be bottom of the totem pole - destroy is reckoned to be the strongest spec overall and look where the destro lock was for damage
    I don't see any where I stated in this post that Demo was the go to or the greatest. Was given feedback to people who want to see how certain things are panning out with prepatch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Few questions I have and couldn't find an answer to.

1. Is there any time or place to cast Demonwrath? I noticed all the rotations did not include it nor did it seem to come up in this thread besides the first page.

2. This isn't regarding raiding but mainly soloing. Is the infernal a superior pet for tanking bosses in old raids and leveling up or does the voidwalker outperform it on single targets? Does the Felguard serve any purpose if you can use the Doomguard and Infernal as permanent pets?

Thanks for any help you guys can provide.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgottenone View Post
    Few questions I have and couldn't find an answer to.

1. Is there any time or place to cast Demonwrath? I noticed all the rotations did not include it nor did it seem to come up in this thread besides the first page.

2. This isn't regarding raiding but mainly soloing. Is the infernal a superior pet for tanking bosses in old raids and leveling up or does the voidwalker outperform it on single targets? Does the Felguard serve any purpose if you can use the Doomguard and Infernal as permanent pets?

Thanks for any help you guys can provide.
    For #1 I'll be making some improvements to the rotation section including that kind of information, also I'll put some additional info in the Mechanics section.

As for #2...personally I've never used anything but Felguard for leveling and soloing. Health Funnel is so good now that it won't even matter. If it's truly an issue than either Voidwalker or Infernal will work depending on your talents.

I did not use any simulations or anything but why most AoE rotations ignore demonwrath?

with particularly large group numbers , wouldn't a good use of demonwrath (ie instead of shadowbolt) could give you a comparable AE damage with implosion while keeping your single target dps intact and providing you shards?

Particularly useful for dungeon hybrid builds?

Quote Originally Posted by vecnuh View Post
    I did not use any simulations or anything but why most AoE rotations ignore demonwrath?

with particularly large group numbers , wouldn't a good use of demonwrath (ie instead of shadowbolt) could give you a comparable AE damage with implosion while keeping your single target dps intact and providing you shards?

Particularly useful for dungeon hybrid builds?
    T18 2pc doesn't work with Demonwrath.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    T18 2pc doesn't work with Demonwrath.

that gear would probably be replaced before 110..

Why use Shadowbolt when you spec Demonbolt? When it costs less mana and does more damage per pet thats out as well as procs demoic calling. Yeah it has a lesser chance to proc it but it still procs quite often.

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Why use Shadowbolt when you spec Demonbolt? When it costs less mana and does more damage per pet thats out as well as procs demoic calling. Yeah it has a lesser chance to proc it but it still procs quite often.
    Demonbolt replaces Shadowbolt in your spellbook afaik.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by critsohard View Post
    Demonbolt replaces Shadowbolt in your spellbook afaik.
    Correct. Shadowbolt cannot be used if you spec DB.

Any idea on the best legendaries for this spec? Wilfreds sigil and recurrent ritual look very promising.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SpamHealzu View Post
    Any idea on the best legendaries for this spec? Wilfreds sigil and recurrent ritual look very promising.
    I believe the general anecdotal consensus is that Recurrent Ritual will be the legendary of choice. This will especially be the case when paired with Demonic Calling, effectively turning DS into a Soul Shard generator which will greatly increase the rate of HoGs.

I tried the spec yesterday and I found it to be fun but I am really missing demon leap, it saved my ass so many times in raid mechanics. But that ship has sailed unfortunately. :/
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2016-07-21 at 04:46 PM.

Have you guys checked out the addon Whipped on curse? what do you think? it seems good for tracking demonic empowerment to specific demons.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blessedkitten View Post
    Have you guys checked out the addon Whipped on curse? what do you think? it seems good for tracking demonic empowerment to specific demons.
    The addon suite described in the guide also tracks DE on each of your demons.

Quote Originally Posted by Smog View Post
    The addon suite described in the guide also tracks DE on each of your demons.
    Yes indeed. If I may please argue, you can "shrink" the shards and Icons to minimal so they don't, or barely display. Also, this displays bars versus icons which may be a useful alternative.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes indeed. If I may please argue, you can "shrink" the shards and Icons to minimal so they don't, or barely display. Also, this displays bars versus icons which may be a useful alternative.
    You can do the same with the addon suite described in the guide.

Note that I'm not dismissing the addon you're talking about. I'm merely clarifying in this guide's thread that the contained information already has the stated functionality.

I would like to ask for clarification, are you talking about zpets addon by itself or the integration using zpets into weak auras he has set up? I understand the word suite however I have a linear thought process and details go a long way with me.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would like to ask for clarification, are you talking about zpets addon by itself or the integration using zpets into weak auras he has set up? I understand the word suite however I have a linear thought process and details go a long way with me.
    Everything you have described is possible using the addons included in this guide, either independently or through the combination and setup specifically mentioned in the linked sources (re: suite).
    Last edited by Smog; 2016-07-21 at 10:06 PM.

How in his setup would I be able to see an indicator for demonic empowerment on my fel hunter and doomguard? Please elaborate for me, as I'm having trouble setting this up. I'm quite familiar with weak auras, but I don't have a strong ability with custom functions. I'm not asking for a full explanation of weak auras, just your advice to point me in the right direction. I would much rather use weak auras then a specific addon trust me, but i'm only seeing the fel empowerment for imps and dreadstalkers.

Edit:
    I can create a weak aura myself to track demonic empowerment on fel hunter myself. Sorry.
    Last edited by blessedkitten; 2016-07-21 at 10:05 PM.