Page 77 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    @Woz what do you think about the Power trip/SC build? Is it worth using PT in hopes of a SS proc over saving a global and not having to manually refresh doom ever 13 seconds?

Also how well would this work by using SC to get extra imps while not using PT? I have the demo shoulders so pups dont cost me shards and in most cases they generate 2 shards when calling procs. Would like to try it but not a fan of having to monitor Doom again since now its a cast and forget in most cases lol.
    I find playing with Soul Conduit over Demonbolt nets me better DPS (I seem to have up to 14/16 imps out sometimes) and my rankings went up significantly since i made the swap, I don't take Power Trip because managing Doom on one mob (if not more) is rough when trying to use all of my soul shards so i don't waste any. PT will always sim higher than HoD but the QoL of HoD is just to nice for someone like me (mythic raider at 6/10 almost 7/10).

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Yes, significantly so. The wrathguard deals around 2/3 the DPS of a felguard.
    Which is sad because I like the look of the wrathguard a lot more but it is just way to big of a hit to justify for cosmetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Galbatroix View Post
    I find playing with Soul Conduit over Demonbolt nets me better DPS (I seem to have up to 14/16 imps out sometimes) and my rankings went up significantly since i made the swap, I don't take Power Trip because managing Doom on one mob (if not more) is rough when trying to use all of my soul shards so i don't waste any. PT will always sim higher than HoD but the QoL of HoD is just to nice for someone like me (mythic raider at 6/10 almost 7/10).
    Yeah, i was thinking the same with PT. 8/10 mythic myself and was wanting to try it out to increase those numbers for the Elesonde and Guldan push.

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Yeah, i was thinking the same with PT. 8/10 mythic myself and was wanting to try it out to increase those numbers for the Elesonde and Guldan push.
    If you have Recurrent and Wilfreds, try it out, i prefer Soul Conduit, plus it makes dealing with volcanic in M+ nicer as the Demonbolt animation doesn't cover what i'm standing on.

Quote Originally Posted by Galbatroix View Post
    If you have Recurrent and Wilfreds, try it out, i prefer Soul Conduit, plus it makes dealing with volcanic in M+ nicer as the Demonbolt animation doesn't cover what i'm standing on.
    Have all demo and all multi-spec legos save for the demo hat and wilfreds. Buying up rings with shards when i can in hopes of gaming one. ATM I use Recurrent and kazzak.

HoD should be baseline really.

I find Soul Conduit so weird to play with. I'm used to my rotation and having SC "mess it" up really disturbs me. I wish it was a CD or something more predictable.

Homophobia is so gay.

I put up a Demonology thread on the Blizzard Class Development forums. I can't actually throw a link to it here, due to my account not being old enough, apparently, but I hope some of you will pick it over if you have the occasion.

Nothing that insightful, but I wanted to put up some analysis of what I think Demo's main drawbacks are and what I'd like to see happen with our toolkit.

Quote Originally Posted by Medicine Man View Post
    I put up a Demonology thread on the Blizzard Class Development forums. I can't actually throw a link to it here, due to my account not being old enough, apparently, but I hope some of you will pick it over if you have the occasion.

Nothing that insightful, but I wanted to put up some analysis of what I think Demo's main drawbacks are and what I'd like to see happen with our toolkit.
    Posting what I put in the thread, assuming yours is the Demonology in 7.2.5 and Beyond.

I really wish that in the short term they could look at the absolutely over dependence and value on Haste and the power/weirdness of Darkglare and Shadowflame.

Demonic Empowerment likely isn't going anywhere until expansion time, not that I'm saying you mentioned it. But Haste's value is way beyond reasonable for a specialization, the spec absolutely depends on it for performance due to awkward timing windows, low duration demons, and imp spawns being directly tied to it, and Darkglare/Shadowflame have a ton of potential to shore up two primary glaring flaws within the specialization in multi target combat and mobility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Posting what I put in the thread, assuming yours is the Demonology in 7.2.5 and Beyond.

I really wish that in the short term they could look at the absolutely over dependence and value on Haste and the power/weirdness of Darkglare and Shadowflame.

Demonic Empowerment likely isn't going anywhere until expansion time, not that I'm saying you mentioned it. But Haste's value is way beyond reasonable for a specialization, the spec absolutely depends on it for performance due to awkward timing windows, low duration demons, and imp spawns being directly tied to it, and Darkglare/Shadowflame have a ton of potential to shore up two primary glaring flaws within the specialization in multi target combat and mobility.
    True DE isn't going anywhere but there's room for improvement on the spell and they shouldn't do it with tier gear.

Quote Originally Posted by alexchaos View Post
    True DE isn't going anywhere but there's room for improvement on the spell and they shouldn't do it with tier gear.
    The problem is adjusting it could break something else or require a full kit retuning because of the sheer number of GCDs spent on the spell.

So if we're stuck with DE and how obnoxious it is, they should at least be looking at other flawed areas that CAN be adjusted in the short term.
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.

Yes, that's the thread. Thanks, Bullettime.

The new demo 4pc bonus is worrying.

Armory^

Quote Originally Posted by Drakile View Post
    The new demo 4pc bonus is worrying.
    To be fair, I'd argue the old 4pc wasn't as "good" as it looked, especially with the Soul Conduit build coming into its own further as gear improves. Getting a free Demonic Empowerment sounds nice but does it really help that much when we're firing off multiple HoGs per Dreadstalker window and Demonic Empowerment with our new perks and Power Trip isn't terrible except in feeling.

Basically, with our mass Haste, we're firing off tons of Demonic Empowerments to the point where the free one on Dreadstalker only helped on like the opener or when RNG aligned to let you combo summon.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2017-05-02 at 08:51 PM.

I don't mind the new 4pc. Can't go wrong with some free haste for a few seconds, especially when we're decked out on this stat so heavily

On a sidenote though, I'm losing faith with every new PTR build. I hope my 51 traits pay off soon because I feel like I'm just blindly playing the wrong spec but am just not in a position to swap.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakoes View Post
    I don't mind the new 4pc. Can't go wrong with some free haste for a few seconds, especially when we're decked out on this stat so heavily

On a sidenote though, I'm losing faith with every new PTR build. I hope my 51 traits pay off soon because I feel like I'm just blindly playing the wrong spec but am just not in a position to swap.
    The change is definitely warranted since it was one of those "looked much better than it was" and was pretty meh. I was primarily excited about it because it seemed like they were noting DE was on the radar.

Removing it in favor of something more impactful is certainly better. Just hoping that some sort of change to DE gets made.

They have ubernerfed the 4p tier and still 0 words about the spec. I suppose they want to get massive rerolls to destro.

And I ve read than Destro needed much more the mechanic changes LOL

To be fair, I'd argue the old 4pc wasn't as "good" as it looked, especially with the Soul Conduit build coming into its own further as gear improves. Getting a free Demonic Empowerment sounds nice but does it really help that much when we're firing off multiple HoGs per Dreadstalker window and Demonic Empowerment with our new perks and Power Trip isn't terrible except in feeling.

Basically, with our mass Haste, we're firing off tons of Demonic Empowerments to the point where the free one on Dreadstalker only helped on like the opener or when RNG aligned to let you combo summon.
    There's the 2 piece that comes into play where you can have dreadstalkers reset its cd. It's a 20% chance just like Demonic Calling which actually procs quite often for me. I'm pretty sure that would mean 4 to 6 dreadstalkers out possible. Add to that shoulders leg, you get a pretty big buff from auto DE casts. Especially if you get lucky with Soul Conduit and retain shards when casting imps between dreadstalkers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alexchaos View Post
    There's the 2 piece that comes into play where you can have dreadstalkers reset its cd. It's a 20% chance just like Demonic Calling which actually procs quite often for me. I'm pretty sure that would mean 4 to 6 dreadstalkers out possible. Add to that shoulders leg, you get a pretty big buff from auto DE casts. Especially if you get lucky with Soul Conduit and retain shards when casting imps between dreadstalkers.
    But you would normaly already start a DE after dogs?

I prefer the new 4pc.

Homophobia is so gay.

I dont see the reason people cry about DE. i raid mythic, yeah only 8/10 mythic but still... I have no issues with how DE works. it doesnt hold us back and there are rarely times you cant use it. Not many mechanics have us running so much that a stutter step in your run will not allow it to go off. Now granted the Tomb 4pc would have been nice but eh, its not going to make or break the spec.

Now the replacement is shit. 5 sec haste buff? Its like that shit replacement in the class order halls to replace the relic tier.