Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    So uh did they ninja nerf the helm ? We can't start with 50 stacks on the boss anymore... it resets. or was it always like that and I was hallucinating ?
    I dont ever remember being able to go into a boss fight in a raid with 50 stacks prebuilt. You can build to 50 during the fight however.

New build, and finally something big for demo has come through.

"Demonic Empowerment Affliction, Destruction: Empowers your active demons with dark energies, increasing their haste by 50% and health by 20% for 12 sec. Demonology: Empowers your active demons with dark energies, increasing their haste by 50%, health by 20%, and damage by 0% for 12 sec. Warlock - Demonology Spec. 6% of Base Mana. 100 yd range. 1.5 sec cast."

It almost sounds like it's baking-in our mastery. If this is true, then the best case scenario would be we get a new mastery altogether but that's just wishful thinking. Personally, that would make more sense but if this is additional damage on top of what our mastery will provide to DE then I welcome more flat damage bonuses.

looks like it's just a tooltip change. For some reason.

Yes, it's a tooltip change. Just reflects your Mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakoes View Post
    New build, and finally something big for demo has come through.

"Demonic Empowerment Affliction, Destruction: Empowers your active demons with dark energies, increasing their haste by 50% and health by 20% for 12 sec. Demonology: Empowers your active demons with dark energies, increasing their haste by 50%, health by 20%, and damage by 0% for 12 sec. Warlock - Demonology Spec. 6% of Base Mana. 100 yd range. 1.5 sec cast."

It almost sounds like it's baking-in our mastery. If this is true, then the best case scenario would be we get a new mastery altogether but that's just wishful thinking. Personally, that would make more sense but if this is additional damage on top of what our mastery will provide to DE then I welcome more flat damage bonuses.
    Its a tooltip correction, thats it. I doubt we will see any love until 8.0 sadly. I cancelled my account and have 2 months left on it. Will raid and play til then but I do hope they pull their head out of their asses and do something good for us. Also I fucking hate having to use the meme build. its not fun at all, and before that fucking guy comes in and asks "well hows blah blah blah blah any more fun that this?"...it just fucking is!
    Last edited by xuros; 2017-07-27 at 12:41 AM.

Demon will get nothing until 8.0. Play it if u enjoy it but dont dream about changes until next expansion.

I'm no good at working these sorts of things out myself.

I have a 900 Charm of the Rising Tide and a 920 Whispers equipped at the moment but i got a 930 Spectral Thurible. Is the 930 worth using at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    I'm no good at working these sorts of things out myself.

I have a 900 Charm of the Rising Tide and a 920 Whispers equipped at the moment but i got a 930 Spectral Thurible. Is the 930 worth using at all?
    http://lockonestopshop.com/#!/Demonology/Sims/Trinket follow the instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Its a tooltip correction, thats it. I doubt we will see any love until 8.0 sadly. I cancelled my account and have 2 months left on it. Will raid and play til then but I do hope they pull their head out of their asses and do something good for us. Also I fucking hate having to use the meme build. its not fun at all, and before that fucking guy comes in and asks "well hows blah blah blah blah any more fun that this?"...it just fucking is!
    It sucks the fun out for me due to the sheer amount of life tapping. I mean Demo already has to do a ton of that anyways with its heavy Haste focus but that build just guzzles mana. Better DPS still but it just feels awful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

I just started mythic progression on my alt demo lock and this spec is really fun in progression environment. I feel like I have so many tools to help out my raid. Good single target damage with decent mobility due to instant shadow bolts, good cleave damage with ID/HoD, Soulstone for healers, good at soaking mechanics with potentially taking dark pact, some good RNG streaks that feel amazing (18 imp 6 DS TKC????). The sheer amount of haste you can get with charm + whispers + lust + 4set makes you feel like you're just throwing a giant blob of demons at the boss.

I like demo a lot more than the other two warlock specs, although it can suck on burst add dps, but there aren't too many of those fights in ToS to really care that much. I also actually enjoy having life tap as a viable non-dps loss option during movement when you can't sidestep a little by little during the GCD window of instant SB

Out of the 4 specs I play demo is probably my 2nd favorite after arms.

yo Demo friends. I'm a Destro guy dipping my feet into the world of Demo and my ST is garbo. Demo multi target I think I'm getting the hang of, but wtf am I doing wrong with this SI/PT/SC build lol:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=51
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ht=17&source=3
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ht=11&source=3

first night as Demo so i'd like to break any bad habits early tyty

(the fix my dps thread is dead af sorry if this should be there but there's about 0.07% chance of a response there as opposed to the 5+% here)

You are hard casting shadow bolt a lot during the fights.

With SI/PT talented you should only be casting Demonic Empowerment followed by instant cast shadow bolt for shards. Something like DE,SB,DE,SB,Imps/dogs,DE,SB etc.

That should get you generating more shards for imps (which should be your top dmg on single target fights).

For single target you should also replace Kazzak's with either Recurrent Ritual or Wakens Loyalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Tile80 View Post
    You are hard casting shadow bolt a lot during the fights.

With SI/PT talented you should only be casting Demonic Empowerment followed by instant cast shadow bolt for shards. Something like DE,SB,DE,SB,Imps/dogs,DE,SB etc.

That should get you generating more shards for imps (which should be your top dmg on single target fights).

For single target you should also replace Kazzak's with either Recurrent Ritual or Wakens Loyalty.
    Only demo leggos I have are doom belt and wilfred's (and all of the multi-spec ones), so recurrent/wakeners will come eventually.

I totally didn't realize that about SI/PT until this afternoon when I had done some more reading. For some reason, I thought "weaving" meant just do 1 then the other no matter what.. then a lack of comfortability probably lead me to falling back to what I know and pressing 3 a lot (which is incinerate for my destro spec lol). I think I did a bit better here:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

but it was normal and i was just tunnelling.

Appreciate it hombre!

Quote Originally Posted by Jondar View Post
    Only demo leggos I have are doom belt and wilfred's (and all of the multi-spec ones), so recurrent/wakeners will come eventually.

I totally didn't realize that about SI/PT until this afternoon when I had done some more reading. For some reason, I thought "weaving" meant just do 1 then the other no matter what.. then a lack of comfortability probably lead me to falling back to what I know and pressing 3 a lot (which is incinerate for my destro spec lol). I think I did a bit better here:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

but it was normal and i was just tunnelling.

Appreciate it hombre!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyDm9E7RwOE is how its done

Deleted
    Guys this dreadstalkers/dreadbite "bug" in cleave situations it's really getting boring, I understand there's few people playing the spec but really.. Avatar and the maiden were miles away, not even in line with me and stalkers kept biting the wrong target.. Can we somehow make blizzard notice?

Quote Originally Posted by Krisnik View Post
    Guys this dreadstalkers/dreadbite "bug" in cleave situations it's really getting boring, I understand there's few people playing the spec but really.. Avatar and the maiden were miles away, not even in line with me and stalkers kept biting the wrong target.. Can we somehow make blizzard notice?
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20758586850#1

There, best we can do other than a reddit thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toastiekins View Post
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20758586850#1

There, best we can do other than a reddit thread.
    Thank you for reporting it, I'm an EU Player and i cant reply on that topic, tomorrow I'll open an EU one even if i dont know if they'll ever read it

Quote Originally Posted by Krisnik View Post
    Right out of Discord...

Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    Right out of Discord...

Except that doesn't consistently work for Fallen Avatar. I've had maiden on the opposite side of the boss and somehow they still bite her instead of him. It's a crapshoot and fucking random. You can try to game it as you've suggested, but this is not something that we should have to do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toastiekins View Post
    Except that doesn't consistently work for Fallen Avatar. I've had maiden on the opposite side of the boss and somehow they still bite her instead of him. It's a crapshoot and fucking random. You can try to game it as you've suggested, but this is not something that we should have to do.
    Indeed. I'm playing around it, like on Sisters, and it works even if yes, it adds movement to the gameplay and we know how much the spec suffers movement but whatever it doesn't matter, I'm ok with that. But my last Fallen Avatar, me the boss and the maiden were forming a triangle and it was clear Dreadstalkers kept jumping sideways for no real reason. My issue with that is that as a guild we are one boss away from it and I'm trying my best to get a good demo setup for the boss because I'm not well optimized to play other specs. It's not just the dps loss is more the fact that I'm trying to adapt my gameplay only to see it not working, not always.
    Could it be that on avatar specifically if I fail the first Ds they'll continue to fail all the fight? Dont know much about codes and bugs so maybe i just said bs, I'll post again after my normal and hc kills.