Page 91 of 92 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Krisnik View Post
    Guys this dreadstalkers/dreadbite "bug" in cleave situations it's really getting boring, I understand there's few people playing the spec but really.. Avatar and the maiden were miles away, not even in line with me and stalkers kept biting the wrong target.. Can we somehow make blizzard notice?
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20758586850#1

There, best we can do other than a reddit thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Toastiekins View Post
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20758586850#1

There, best we can do other than a reddit thread.
    Thank you for reporting it, I'm an EU Player and i cant reply on that topic, tomorrow I'll open an EU one even if i dont know if they'll ever read it

Quote Originally Posted by Krisnik View Post
    Guys this dreadstalkers/dreadbite "bug" in cleave situations it's really getting boring, I understand there's few people playing the spec but really.. Avatar and the maiden were miles away, not even in line with me and stalkers kept biting the wrong target.. Can we somehow make blizzard notice?
    Right out of Discord...

Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    Right out of Discord...

Except that doesn't consistently work for Fallen Avatar. I've had maiden on the opposite side of the boss and somehow they still bite her instead of him. It's a crapshoot and fucking random. You can try to game it as you've suggested, but this is not something that we should have to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Toastiekins View Post
    Except that doesn't consistently work for Fallen Avatar. I've had maiden on the opposite side of the boss and somehow they still bite her instead of him. It's a crapshoot and fucking random. You can try to game it as you've suggested, but this is not something that we should have to do.
    Indeed. I'm playing around it, like on Sisters, and it works even if yes, it adds movement to the gameplay and we know how much the spec suffers movement but whatever it doesn't matter, I'm ok with that. But my last Fallen Avatar, me the boss and the maiden were forming a triangle and it was clear Dreadstalkers kept jumping sideways for no real reason. My issue with that is that as a guild we are one boss away from it and I'm trying my best to get a good demo setup for the boss because I'm not well optimized to play other specs. It's not just the dps loss is more the fact that I'm trying to adapt my gameplay only to see it not working, not always.
    Could it be that on avatar specifically if I fail the first Ds they'll continue to fail all the fight? Dont know much about codes and bugs so maybe i just said bs, I'll post again after my normal and hc kills.

The only fun factor for me right now on my 935 demo warlock is seeing those high crits with Wakeners.
    Other than that, playing that clunky as hell and mana-consuming spec to only perform remotely good on single target is not worth it for me anymore. I mean you can almost fill that niche with Affliction aswell...

Stood in the Fire
    Gimping your raid if you play demo.

Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly View Post
    Gimping your raid if you play demo.
    On Demonic Inq, Mistress, and Harj maybe. Still does fairly well on everything else and if one person playing a spec thats competitive with its other class specs gimps your raid then you need to look at the rest of your raiders as well. As demo i top in my raid Goroth and Sisters and top 4 for the rest with the spec. I go aff for demonic inq, harj, and mistress. mythic of course.

I've just found and rewatched an old vid I recorded of myself playing Demo against Thok from 4ish years ago.

Man do I miss that build of demo; the triple shadowbolt glyph, the demonic leap, metamorphosis, glyph of imp swarm etc.(I also shudder at the many mistakes which I'd never make today and to be a clicker too, what was I thinking!!! xD)

It made me realise just how bad and down in the dumps this spec currently is, I still struggle to believe that Blizzard took away metamorphosis from Demo which was the main reason for me choosing that spec(and probably many others too)once arriving at lvl 10 many many moons ago.

Please don't view this post as a negative moan about the current state of Demonology; it's more of a nostalgic rant and I thought this would be the best place to vent and receive a tiny bit of solace.

PS - Please Blizz give us back Meta

If anyone's interested (although no judging how bad I was )
    youtube.com/watch?v=OnlKu_jhld8

Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Noilane View Post
    I've just found and rewatched an old vid I recorded of myself playing Demo against Thok from 4ish years ago.

Man do I miss that build of demo; the triple shadowbolt glyph, the demonic leap, metamorphosis, glyph of imp swarm etc.(I also shudder at the many mistakes which I'd never make today and to be a clicker too, what was I thinking!!! xD)

It made me realise just how bad and down in the dumps this spec currently is, I still struggle to believe that Blizzard took away metamorphosis from Demo which was the main reason for me choosing that spec(and probably many others too)once arriving at lvl 10 many many moons ago.

Please don't view this post as a negative moan about the current state of Demonology; it's more of a nostalgic rant and I thought this would be the best place to vent and receive a tiny bit of solace.

Peace.
    Yeah, not gonna happen. Demon Huntards have it now and won't give it back

Having said that, I really really miss the demonic leap thing. That was such great mobility in higher-difficulty raiding... I would switch to goblin just for that in a heartbeat if I wasn't Ally

Quote Originally Posted by Noilane View Post

Peace.
    The swarm caster identity is fine. Blizzard just fucked it up horribly. If we weren't glorified imp mothers spamming Demonic Empowerment, I doubt people would have had the same "I want ____ back" opinion. Implementation plays a big part in making sure the theme works.

Demo has so much potential and it's a real shame it launched the way it did. It should have drawn more interesting demons and felt more like a Rathma's Necromancer when in reality we feel like a Zuni-Carnevil Witch Doctor.

edit: Imagine if instead of being an imp mother, we could summon a felguard phalanx, inquisitors, and more interesting gameplay with resources empowering our minions, etc. Life Tap and soul shard themselves have a huge amount of thematic potential but we're using them to....spawn imps and have our mana throttled. The Darkglare is an example of a pet done right but it's the only real one we have.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2017-08-17 at 06:20 PM.
    FC: 3067-6604-6289. Steel Safari - Skarmory - Klefki - Ferrorseed

The "swarm caster" fits more with a Necromancer, and the "powerful minions summoner" with the Demon, IMHO.

Next exp we will see what Blizz is going to do with Demon. Probably another fail.

Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    Since we are approaching 40K int, is it possible Vers will start to become a valuable stat again?
    I R Prepared!

It's already more valuable than Int is, technically. Just barely....but it's a thing. Still the worst secondary, though.

Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    I dont know what I'm going to do this raid teir. Our set is garbage this time around, and meme build got old really fast.
    I R Prepared!

Quote Originally Posted by DrIvoRobotnik View Post
    I dont know what I'm going to do this raid teir. Our set is garbage this time around, and meme build got old really fast.
    One thing i have noticed is the new tier set has quite alot of haste on it which will help and the dreadstalkers are going to do alot of damage. But yeah i do love the multiple dreadstalker casts of tier 20 - this set will send us back to the rotation we had at the beginning. But to some that could be a good thing ?

21 4p + 20 2p, I cant see the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    It's already more valuable than Int is, technically. Just barely....but it's a thing. Still the worst secondary, though.
    Any thoughts on your path you're taking through the netherlight crucible?

Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    21 4p + 20 2p, I cant see the issue.
    They'll nerf tier 20 some time into the next raid.. I am 100% sure.
    Vanilla players in a nutshell: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbepN4dKLbU

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Any thoughts on your path you're taking through the netherlight crucible?
    Soon(tm) there will be crucible information.