Page 10 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    What Artifact(s) will you level first, second and third?
    From my perspective I will be leveling Demonology first to 20 traits, then Destruction to 16/17 traits and finally Affliction to 16 traits. Your pathing might be different than my own, but since Demonology/Destruction are, right now, the stronger raiding specs that's what I'll be doing
    Hi Not/Woz! Thanks for the awesome guide.

I am curious, why do you go towards these specific points (especially the destroy+aff) as you cover why you go first 20 in the guide.

Do you just go for Soulflame+Wrath and Lord of Flames + Conflagration of Chaos, with all the one pointers aswell?
    Last edited by mmoc909dfd26c8; 2016-08-20 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    Hi Not/Woz! Thanks for the awesome guide.

I am curious, why do you go towards these specific points (especially the destroy+aff) as you cover why you go first 20 in the guide.

Do you just go for Soulflame+Wrath and Lord of Flames + Conflagration of Chaos, with all the one pointers aswell?
    Yep, that's exactly what I'm gonna do.

Though you need 20 in affi to get soulflame , wrath , and perdition without getting the drain of night perk which sucks haha

Quote Originally Posted by Fearsom1992 View Post
    Though you need 20 in affi to get soulflame , wrath , and perdition without getting the drain of night perk which sucks haha
    You can get 3/3 Perdition, WoC and Soulflame with 19 traits.

Why did you decide to go with Enchant Neck - Mark of the Hidden Satyr instead of Enchant Neck - Mark of the Claw ?

Quote Originally Posted by murdax View Post
    Why did you decide to go with Enchant Neck - Mark of the Hidden Satyr instead of Enchant Neck - Mark of the Claw ?
    It's just projected to be the better of the two. Mark of the Claw could very well end up being better, something that is harder to differentiate without sims (been using AMR one lately just for a base testing ground).

It's just projected to be the better of the two. Mark of the Claw could very well end up being better, something that is harder to differentiate without sims (been using AMR one lately just for a base testing ground).
    Do you think demonic empowerment will affect the saytr that spawns ?

Quote Originally Posted by murdax View Post
    Do you think demonic empowerment will affect the saytr that spawns ?
    It doesn't spawn a Satyr anymore, it just does damage from your character.

thanks for all the info Not, you the real mvp

As a new Warlock (my main for Legion, loved everything about the class in the Beta and can't wait to play it on Live, even though I might be one of the few that still love the class along with you guys that sticked with it lol, at least from what I read elsewhere), I'm debating maining Demonology instead of Destro and would love to know if it's looking competitive enough for Mythic raiding right now or if I should go directly to Destro, at least for the start of the expansion?

Also, do we have sims available or they're not out yet?

Deleted
    Hey Not/Woz, i was just woundering why would you go 20/13/13 instead of the 13/13/13 choice, woundering this just because theres a big trait jump from 13-14

Overall good guide, enjoyed the reading

Quote Originally Posted by faider View Post
    Hey Not/Woz, i was just woundering why would you go 20/13/13 instead of the 13/13/13 choice, woundering this just because theres a big trait jump from 13-14

Overall good guide, enjoyed the reading
    If anything I'd go 16/16/16 then wait for Mythic week but, will probably just go right to 20/16/16.

Quick question about the Artifact: About how long does it take to get 100 stacks of Stolen Power for the double damage shadowbolt? 30 seconds or so? At a glance it seems like an incredibly minor, almost negligible DPS boost to have a single shadowbolt do double damage a couple of times a minute. I'm surprised that it's apparently better than TK's Discord.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anoregon View Post
    Quick question about the Artifact: About how long does it take to get 100 stacks of Stolen Power for the double damage shadowbolt? 30 seconds or so? At a glance it seems like an incredibly minor, almost negligible DPS boost to have a single shadowbolt do double damage a couple of times a minute. I'm surprised that it's apparently better than TK's Discord.
    Tbh I think it's mostly taken because all the DPS talents are on that side (mainly the IMP talents), stolen power is just a freebee. IIRC Imps cast about 1 bolt per sec when we get enough haste + DE. With Improved Dreadstalker talent we'll have atleast 6 IMPs active for most of the time. 20 seconds or less for 100 bolts doesn't seem that far fetched to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinuvial View Post
    Tbh I think it's mostly taken because all the DPS talents are on that side (mainly the IMP talents), stolen power is just a freebee. IIRC Imps cast about 1 bolt per sec when we get enough haste + DE. With Improved Dreadstalker talent we'll have atleast 6 IMPs active for most of the time. 20 seconds or less for 100 bolts doesn't seem that far fetched to me.
    We'll that and the fact that TKD doesn't scale with haste, is on a 6s ICD and it doesn't follow whatever mob it procs on if it moves. It's basically a Magma Totem that randomly spawns and can't ever be moved that also doesn't scale with haste. It's just overall worse than Stolen Power.

Deleted
    We'll that and the fact that TKD doesn't scale with haste, is on a 6s ICD and it doesn't follow whatever mob it procs on if it moves. It's basically a Magma Totem that randomly spawns and can't ever be moved that also doesn't scale with haste. It's just overall worse than Stolen Power.
    I'm not sure what the % of TKD "Sometimes" is, but on paper ST has a near 20sec ICD aswell and without demonbolt, only adds 80% Spellpower extra damage instead of 400%.

Pure Talent for Talent, TKD is better IMHO, but the road towards it is crappy and getting to "The Expendables" from that side also is crappy. The 2 Imp talents on the other side of the artifact do add allot of extra damage, 35% imp crit and 30% imp dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinuvial View Post
    I'm not sure what the % of TKD "Sometimes" is, but on paper ST has a near 20sec ICD aswell and without demonbolt, only adds 80% Spellpower extra damage instead of 400%.

Pure Talent for Talent, TKD is better IMHO, but the road towards it is crappy and getting to "The Expendables" from that side also is crappy. The 2 Imp talents on the other side of the artifact do add allot of extra damage, 35% imp crit and 30% imp dmg.
    15% chance to proc on a 6s ICD that doesn't scale with Haste and the damage is stationary vs Stolen Power that procs every 2.2 sets of Imps (4 Shard HoG, at 30% haste which is what the 840 ilvl gearset will give us) not on ICD or horrible chance to proc off our main generator.

It's not HORRIBLE but it's definitely not great, especially being on the worse side of the artifact.

Deleted
    15% chance to proc on a 6s ICD that doesn't scale with Haste and the damage is stationary vs Stolen Power that procs every 2.2 sets of Imps (4 Shard HoG, at 30% haste which is what the 840 ilvl gearset will give us) not on ICD or horrible chance to proc off our main generator.

It's not HORRIBLE but it's definitely not great, especially being on the worse side of the artifact.
    I guess it's value goes up with DB, and some with SC and lots of haste. SP is also completely passive and easy extra dps.

For solo mass pulls TKD sure wins, but on the location now, it'll be lastpicked for sure.

15% chance on a 2sec SB/DB cast sure is low sadly. Thus it kinda scales with Haste as you cast more SB/DB = faster chance to make it proc after ICD, but it isn't great.

Does a SP buffed SB/DB look any different?

Deleted

Did you do Demo in mythic+ - and if yes, how did it feel? Do you think you will raid as Demo during progress?

Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    Did you do Demo in mythic+ - and if yes, how did it feel? Do you think you will raid as Demo during progress?
    Yes, it does fine if you know when to stop Implosion/when the pack is 'over with', AKA: Knowing when to start saving Soul Shards for the next pack. Once you get to like 8+ Aff can start pulling ahead if you're doing large trash pulls.