Page 21 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I do have a question: Where does the new Twisting Winds sit on trinkets, or could you update the list? I just got an 850 Twisting Winds, and am wondering if I should replace my 840 haste Nightborne Researcher's Phial with it. I'm running Chronoshard as the other trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by manbeast4u View Post
    I do have a question: Where does the new Twisting Winds sit on trinkets, or could you update the list? I just got an 850 Twisting Winds, and am wondering if I should replace my 840 haste Nightborne Researcher's Phial with it. I'm running Chronoshard as the other trinket.
    You should not. It's nerfed considerably. Like....to the point where it's horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    How does the playstyle suck lol, you are virtually replacing one pet for another. Guess most MOBA's suck as well since a large part of their progression are passive increases. Not everything needs to be a new active skill.

Look at feral druid. Tons of buttons and timers/pandemics to track, total shit to play as regardless. More shit to press or track does not necessarily make a spec more fun. Don't generalize your preferences for a universal standard of excellence.

Demonhunter has only a few buttons and many of its talents are passives, but it derives its gameplay from proper use of movement skills to minimize exit from melee range and loss of autoattacks, not to mention not fucking up a raid mechanic.
    I'm not fussed about the passivity of the talent. It's the lack of interaction with the rest of the spec.

The spec was designed around FG. Also, you lose your only baseline CD if you go Sup.

DG/Inf are cool demons on their own, but the spec doesn't very well incorporate them in its design. Never has since the talent's inception.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    You should not. It's nerfed considerably. Like....to the point where it's horrible.
    Are you sure, one of my guilds demo's has it and it did like 4-6% of his damage on our HC xavius kill. Is that bad?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Createk View Post
    Are you sure, one of my guilds demo's has it and it did like 4-6% of his damage on our HC xavius kill. Is that bad?
    If you have a 850 statstick, the 1200 INT and 900+ stats add like like 4% (when 30k base int) and 2-3% = like 6-7% dmg increase at the least and maybe more when the stats is haste.

Deleted
    I wanted to discuss the differences of Conduit vs Darkglaire in higher Mythic+ scenarios. I have tryed to experiment with both, but mainly to the rng nature of conduit and the fact that every dungeon is "a little bit different" i havent come to any solid conclusion.
    On lower ranks of mythic+ and normal mythics i get better results with conduit since mobs die pretty fast and i dont get to make full use of the darkglaire. But as the rank of mythic+ goes higher and mobs live longer i am wondering if darkglaire will be more beneficial. Assuming someone would play with SF/implosion/HoD/Synergy. There are 3 variables to compare them:

1) Depending on how long adds live. (for example is darkglaire more beneficial on trash pulls if you get to use him twice?)

2) Number of adds. (Logic says that the more adds the more implosion would be beneficial, cause you can get more shards faster to use for implosion etc)

3) Boss dmg. (mostly the single target aspect)

While for 3) the answer would be more straight, i find 1) and 2) interaction with eachother rather confusing. What i am looking for as an answer is, if either 1) or 2) is much more definitive on what to use. For example if there are 4+ mobs getting conduit for more implosion is better and its irrelevant how long the mobs live? Or if adds live long enaugh to use darkglaire for full duration or even twice,then darkglaire is allways worth it even if there are 6,7,10 mobs?

Lastly another question about darkglaire. For single target only dmg, is it better to use it on cd, or is it better to use it only when you are about to TKC?

Yea, thanks for getting back to me Not. Like /u/theblackharvest here, I'm trying to figure out an optimal Demo build for Mythic 4+. I've just been running destro as I perform far better with it, although I have significantly more AP into Demo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinuvial View Post
    If you have a 850 statstick, the 1200 INT and 900+ stats add like like 4% (when 30k base int) and 2-3% = like 6-7% dmg increase at the least and maybe more when the stats is haste.
    Okey thanks

Quote Originally Posted by manbeast4u View Post
    Yea, thanks for getting back to me Not. Like /u/theblackharvest here, I'm trying to figure out an optimal Demo build for Mythic 4+. I've just been running destro as I perform far better with it, although I have significantly more AP into Demo.
    For lower M+ (0-7) I've been running 2/3/1/1/2/3/2, gives me some AoE and some ST for trash/boss.
    For higher M+ it really depends on your group comp and what affixes there are that week. Some affixes favor having heavy AoE so something like 2/1/3/1/3/3/1 is beneficial, where others you're better off playing a full ST build (2/2/3/1/3/3/2). It really comes down to group comp and affixes though.

Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    For lower M+ (0-7) I've been running 2/3/1/1/2/3/2, gives me some AoE and some ST for trash/boss.
    For higher M+ it really depends on your group comp and what affixes there are that week. Some affixes favor having heavy AoE so something like 2/1/3/1/3/3/1 is beneficial, where others you're better off playing a full ST build (2/2/3/1/3/3/2). It really comes down to group comp and affixes though.
    I've just been somewhat afraid to waste my key/other's keys while testing out a spec. I tried the 3/3/1/1/x/3/3 for general content and it wasn't pulling enough in a +2, but it was probably because things were dying so fast. I just completed a +7 as destro so I'm feeling more comfortable with my gear now so I'll try and experiment more as Demo.

Thanks for the help Not!

Deleted
    I think I am going to give DEMO a try.

The specc doesn't look that fun, but for niche single target boss fights it might be the best way to compete

Some people are pulling okayish numbers with Demo on ST fights right now. With the buff on wednesday it will probably be a good spec to compete with the top single target damage dealer specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    I think I am going to give DEMO a try.

The specc doesn't look that fun, but for niche single target boss fights it might be the best way to compete

Some people are pulling okayish numbers with Demo on ST fights right now. With the buff on wednesday it will probably be a good spec to compete with the top single target damage dealer specs.

So you'll just shine in nythendra and ursoc?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    So you'll just shine in nythendra and ursoc?
    yes and I plan on using destro for the other fights :3

I'm sure I'm just being dumb but with implosion, I feel like I never have 2 dreadstalkers + 6 wild imps for TKC usage. Without the 2 free imps from improv. dreadstalkers, I just hover around 2 dreads + 4 imps. Should I use call dreadstalkers + 2 shard HoG, then go into a 4 shard HoG?

I'm fine always blowing up my 4 imps previous to the new 4 spawning, but I can never get a 2 dread + 6 imps or more TKC going.

I must be going crazy, i don't see moonlit prism on the trinket list. is the int on use better than the static int on the wq trinket?
    Demo is fine... play better.

Quote Originally Posted by Dietrik View Post
    I must be going crazy, i don't see moonlit prism on the trinket list. is the int on use better than the static int on the wq trinket?
    It's not good.

Not I saw in your guide you said shadow flame was a 3-5% increase over the other 2 talents, I was wondering if the 3% increase is with bad stacking vs the 5% of optimal stacking

Quote Originally Posted by Unlockmyhrt View Post
    Not I saw in your guide you said shadow flame was a 3-5% increase over the other 2 talents, I was wondering if the 3% increase is with bad stacking vs the 5% of optimal stacking
    Yes, exactly.

With the updated tuning pass is grim Sup going to be the definitive go to?

Deleted
    Woz which talent build are you using for raid?