7.0 HFC trinkets for ret

Which HFC trinkets are you planning to use after the patch? With every trinket being tuned down and stat weights being switched around I'm thinking it will be different. Especially EDH likely won't be great for us anymore with seals being gone which is what helped us stack it really fast.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm probably going to stick with Libram for the one, and then try to switch between EDH and Discord, since those are the only trinkets I really have to play with. EDH really hasn't seemed too bad on beta, though...

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    I heard the best two would be Libram of Vindication (assuming they fixed the bug where Zeal did not apply the buff) and Unending Hunger ( As crit is now a very strong stat for us)

And that EDH was not so great anymore for the very reasons you mentioned. No seals and no HoTr.

Since I don't have the Gorefiend trinket, which sucks because I know I've gotten like 4 and vendored them all, I will be switching between the Arch Trinket and the Heirloom like I already was for Demon Bosses and my Mythic Warforged Vial of Convulsive Shadows. Vial's on use has changed from Multistrike to Haste and it gives like 1600 on use.

Skull of War could also be good since the chance on hit Crit didn't get nerfed and at max upgrade is 3080 crit.

UH and heirloom trinket for demon bosses. UH and Discordant Chorus for everything else probably. I don't think class trinket will be good but I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Rothg View Post
    (assuming they fixed the bug where Zeal did not apply the buff)
    On PTR, that bug is still there

Thankfully ill be able to switch between EDH, UH, and Discord. IDK how the changes will actually affect EDH though, but with no seals (as mentioned above) there may be a switch coming.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

EDH is terrible now IMO. In addition to the nerf to the trinkets themselves, EDH was only good for Ret before because despite our slow attacks, the fact that a single attack could apply up to five stacks of Fel Burn (initial hit, multistrike, multistrike, seal, mastery - for some reason seal/mastery multistrikes, or the seal/mastery procs from initial multistrikes, don't add stacks) meant it was trivial for us to stack it to maximum. Now, we apply one stack per attack - we're far too slow to get any use out of EDH.

EDH was about 5.6% of my DMG on beta. DC was about 8%. This is over 2 minute pulls reiterated. I don't know if UH will coincide well with ring on pull.

Quote Originally Posted by Merrena View Post
    Since I don't have the Gorefiend trinket, which sucks because I know I've gotten like 4 and vendored them all, I will be switching between the Arch Trinket and the Heirloom like I already was for Demon Bosses and my Mythic Warforged Vial of Convulsive Shadows. Vial's on use has changed from Multistrike to Haste and it gives like 1600 on use.

Skull of War could also be good since the chance on hit Crit didn't get nerfed and at max upgrade is 3080 crit.

Item restoration?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeals View Post
    EDH was about 5.6% of my DMG on beta. DC was about 8%. This is over 2 minute pulls reiterated. I don't know if UH will coincide well with ring on pull.
    Did you test UH or have any kind of sense for Libram?

Quote Originally Posted by wellsdaddy View Post
    Item restoration?
    I tried, but it was too long ago.

So, I customized Ask Mr. Robot stat weights so Haste > Crit > Versatility > Mastery, and it's saying Chipped Soul Prism is better than a heroic Libram by 3 points (and better than Chorus, Hunger and Pebble by alot more). How can that be accurate, even with the nerfs?

EDIT: Nevermind, their trinket data is way off; Prism got stats reduced but it's unchanged in their rankings, and Libram is less powerful in rankings than it is in game
    Last edited by Bormec; 2016-07-20 at 09:51 AM.