Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    found this helpful! thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zortorai90 View Post
    I finally hit 25% haste. Wondering if I gotta do any other rebalancing now.
    I'm at 25% Haste (with food), 48% Mastery, and only 4% Versa (but got the Goblet)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rperior/simple
    Goblet is worth quite a lot of Versatility and has reasonably good uptime, depending on how much you have to move (typically 30%+ on fairly stationary fights). I'd keep pumping up Mastery as possible.

Guys, what about strength and stamina?
    How i should choose an item, if for example one has MORE haste and Mastery, but less Strength and Stamina, and the other has MORE Strength and Stamina, SAME Haste/Mastery, but LESS Mastery/Haste?

Here, i tried to make it more understandable:

First item Second item
    1000 Str 1300 str
    1500 stam 1800 stam
    500 haste 400 haste/vers/crit
    800 mastery 400 mastery

Quote Originally Posted by Rexawl View Post
    Guys, what about strength and stamina?
    How i should choose an item, if for example one has MORE haste and Mastery, but less Strength and Stamina, and the other has MORE Strength and Stamina, SAME Haste/Mastery, but LESS Mastery/Haste?

Here, i tried to make it more understandable:

First item Second item
    1000 Str 1300 str
    1500 stam 1800 stam
    500 haste 400 haste/vers/crit
    800 mastery 400 mastery
    should never happen. To get an item with more Str and Sta, you need a higher ilvl. Say the first item was 830 ilvl, to get that much more str, you'd be looking at a massive jump in ilvl to get 300 more str. With that, you'd always have a higher spread in the secondary stats (such as haste/vers/crit/mastery) The problem you'd run into is whether or not that higher ilvl item has Crit/Mastery instead of the Haste/Mastery that you currently have. While I'm less familiar with Warrior itemization, I'd still go with the fact that Str> all secondary stats. Especially such a huge jump in str.

edit:
    Just looking at a drop for a chest piece, it would take jumping from an ~810ilvl chest piece to an ~850ilvl chest piece to get that much of a jump in str. Just no way to have less secondary stats on the 850ilvl compared to the 810. There's rare outliers, that aren't necessarily tied to Legion however. For example, necks/rings don't have primary stats (Str), so rules change a bit there. On a rare occasion, you might get something like a Timewalking neck/ring to titanforge to something within your preferred ilvl to wear early on, (I think I wore an 830ilvl neck for awhile because it had str, and none of the Legion necks near that ilvl range had str)
    Last edited by Resurgo; 2016-11-28 at 08:35 PM.

Well lets say it is 50+ Str, like ilvl 850 and ilvl 855 difference. Am i always aiming for higher ilvl or better to choose item with haste/mastery ilvl 850 then item with crit/mastery ilvl 855?

I would take the haste mastery over crit mastery for 10 or even sometimes 15 ilvls before taking the crit piece.

10+ Year Old Account
    and what about +10 ilvls and a socket? and -500 mastery +500 crit with 1k haste unchanged?

Quote Originally Posted by Wogga View Post
    and what about +10 ilvls and a socket? and -500 mastery +500 crit with 1k haste unchanged?
    I would say yes i would almost change even if it was not even + 10 ilvls cause a socket is pretty much 15 ilvls

Deleted
    Where do tertiary stats like leech and avoidance come in? Would it be worth sacrificing 5-10 ilvls worth of haste/mastery for these?

Quote Originally Posted by qwazlak View Post
    Where do tertiary stats like leech and avoidance come in? Would it be worth sacrificing 5-10 ilvls worth of haste/mastery for these?
    Those are just bonuses. They don't weigh in at all, they're not worth much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal the Shieldhog View Post
    Those are just bonuses. They don't weigh in at all, they're not worth much.
    I wouldn't say that tbh.

I lose 2 ilvl for 5% leech + ravaged seed pot's on use (~10%), which is 15%-25% of my overall healing in a dungeon with necrotic afflix this week, since leech doesn't get affected by necrotic.

Avoidance shines in Cos(every boss and 90% of thrash)/Arcway(90% of the packs)/Vault(miniboss fortified/2nd boss tyrannical)/Hov(pack with dragon), since it covers our weakness and like 80% of the packs have some kind of aoe spelldmg. Do i want 25% haste/62% mastery and 0 avoidance or 24%/58% and ~13% avoidance, when 10-30% of the dmg of most packs comes from aoe spell dmg or theres a 6-8 mill bolstered dragon breath incoming ?
    Last edited by mmoc961a6aa380; 2016-12-17 at 05:26 AM.

There is almost no aoe damage that you can't just move out of - and the aoe damage that you can move out of tends to hurt you, as a tank, for very little. Because if it hurt a lot, it'd just kill the rest of your group straight up, and stuff isn't designed like that.

Move out of the fire more, and avoidance is worth a lot less.

Yes, leech is worth considerably more for necrotic specifically.
    Macrologia (expert on Protection Warrior and Guardian Druid)

Skyhold

Dreamgrove

In a dilemma for trinket choice. Trinket 1- Unbridled fury 870-1,005 crit 452 avoid-5.65% avoidance, max hp 529k, armor 1,090. Trinket 2- Unbridled Fury 880-1,043 crit, 581khp, 1,196 armor. Trinket 3- Ravage Seed Pod 880-1,043 haste, Socket-what should i socket. Trinket 4- Momento angerboda 860 1,353 str with mastery socket-arms set. I just got the ravage seed pod socket trinket last night-i already have an 880 ravage seed pod just never used with tanking set. Also got the 880 version of unbridled fury last night as well-currently use the 870 avoidance. My 2 trinkets current setup are 870 unbridled and 860 momento.

Current specs- 878 ilvl, 14%crit, 25.97% haste, 43.86% mast, 1%vers, 2%leech, 11%avoid, 3% dodge, 16% parry, 29% block.

Let me know what you think I should use-I don't raid as a tank I main an arms warrior this is my M+ offspec so 5 man content only.

I have a relic question. I have an 865 with the increased Last Stand modifier and an 875 with the reduced CD on Heroic Leap. Is this relic worth replacing for the 10 ilvls, or am I better off keeping my extra percent Last Stand modifier. I do heroic raiding, Mythic + etc. I wasn't sure if it made that much difference, or if the extra 2% on Last Stand was that meaningful over 10 ilvls.

Relics seem to confuse the shit out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    I have a relic question. I have an 865 with the increased Last Stand modifier and an 875 with the reduced CD on Heroic Leap. Is this relic worth replacing for the 10 ilvls, or am I better off keeping my extra percent Last Stand modifier. I do heroic raiding, Mythic + etc. I wasn't sure if it made that much difference, or if the extra 2% on Last Stand was that meaningful over 10 ilvls.

Relics seem to confuse the shit out of me.
    The general guideline is to always go for the higher ilvl relic for us, with maybe the exception of the rage pool increasing trait. The extra armor and weapon damage alone are worth a lot. I'd say definitely go for the heroic leap relic, reducing its cooldown isn't bad at all especially for higher m+, and last stand is already quite powerful.

Honestly, my opinion on tertiary stats is that gear should have a higher chance to have it as well as crafted items. That and professions should be involved with tertiary stats and war/titanforging. Also reforming should be brought back into the game now that hit and expertise is gone. They could make professions have quest lines that allow crafters to do all of that. Could even add reforging to crafting as well.
    Last edited by Kamonji; 2017-01-01 at 03:13 AM.

The guide has been updated to go along with the patch later today!

Thank you for the update for 7.1.5. Really helpful. Some of these changes I had not realized such as the changes to shockwave and heavy repercussions. I feel like we took a big hit the patch. I hope they give us something back because between the HR change, revenge, and hasten nerf I feel like it's going to be really tough on us.

I dont understand how warbringer is the recommended talent after this patch. It was clearly the best pre-patch, but it no longer works. You only recieve the stun if you charge mobs, intervening is no longer triggering the stun, so whats the point?

Quote Originally Posted by Voyle View Post
    I dont understand how warbringer is the recommended talent after this patch. It was clearly the best pre-patch, but it no longer works. You only recieve the stun if you charge mobs, intervening is no longer triggering the stun, so whats the point?

Intresting question)