Deleted

Need help picking the best ram

I have a Asus M5A99X EVO R2.0 but i don't know whats the best ram to get. Any help would be great.

Deleted
    This one is pretty hard to get, but has great quality compared to the older ones, whereas this one is always a safe bet and an all time classic!

Do you need a specific model or just a specification? Your motherboard supports up to 32GB DDR3 up to 2133. Post your full spec and your needs so we can give a better advice.

Deleted
    Asus M5A99X EVO R2.0
    AMD FX(tm)-8350
    GeForce GTX 780
    G.SKILL TridentX DDR3 2400 C10 2x8GB

Any ram just trying to find out which is best

Your RAM is already over the top for your setup.

Deleted
    Ok but because im a noob why is my speed 16GB DIMM DDR3 1333 MHz clocked @ 667 MHz

Quote Originally Posted by dante7154 View Post
    Ok but because im a noob why is my speed 16GB DIMM DDR3 1333 MHz clocked @ 667 MHz
    Did you have your XMP profile set in BIOS?

15+ Year Old Account
    DDR stands for Double Data Rate. 667 x 2 = 1334.

Deleted
    Like i said still a bit of a noob and trying to learn but i could not find XMP profile only a Ai overclock tuner with the options for auto/manual and D.O.C.P

Like i said still a bit of a noob and trying to learn but i could not find XMP profile only a Ai overclock tuner with the options for auto/manual and D.O.C.P
    Find either Memory Frequency field or DRAM Timings Control.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why exactly do you need to upgrade from 16 GB of 2400 RAM? What's wrong with that RAM? It's better than mine.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    Why exactly do you need to upgrade from 16 GB of 2400 RAM? What's wrong with that RAM? It's better than mine.
    OP has his DDR3-2400 memory running as DDR3-1333.

Deleted
    So i need to change setting in the bios, don't really want to mess about in there I just wanted to plug in and get the speed that the ram says it is. Thanks anyway for the help and saving me some cash especially if I've got the best ram in the pc already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MMOC StarCo View Post
    This one is pretty hard to get, but has great quality compared to the older ones, whereas this one is always a safe bet and an all time classic!
    Man, that made me laugh. Well played! :P

10+ Year Old Account
    So i need to change setting in the bios, don't really want to mess about in there I just wanted to plug in and get the speed that the ram says it is. Thanks anyway for the help and saving me some cash especially if I've got the best ram in the pc already.
    If you bought new ram you'd have to mess with the bios anyway.

Deleted
    what about this HyperX FURY is available in frequency speeds from 1333MHz to 1866MHz. Reach faster speeds and higher capacities by just installing the memory, no adjustments in BIOS needed

what about this HyperX FURY is available in frequency speeds from 1333MHz to 1866MHz. Reach faster speeds and higher capacities by just installing the memory, no adjustments in BIOS needed
    You just have to change a setting in BIOS. You dont need to spend any money.