Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Mick Foley new general manager of Monday Night Raw

Did not expect this.

Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    wow.. me neither. I honestly lost interest when they gave up on Nexus.

Lotta good memories rolling through my head hearing that entrance music.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I for the life of me cannot understand why the are splitting up their roster when it is soo small already...

Why can they not run 2 live shows with 1 roster?

I like Foley, dude is a legend, but why not try Sting? Dude was awesome in that role in TNA.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJoe View Post
    I for the life of me cannot understand why the are splitting up their roster when it is soo small already...

At first i felt the same way, but the more I think about it, this will really give them the opportunity to build stars up
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Vince said he wants shane and Stephanie to compete with each other on their respective shows. He said he wants them to compete for the keys to the castle. I believe Vince is getting ready to retire and this is how he will choose which one gets the company.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    At first i felt the same way, but the more I think about it, this will really give them the opportunity to build stars up
    An opportunity they will deftly squander.

Also I've read rumors that nxt will end and I bet they'll pull talent from there to fill in empty spots.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

It really isn't that small. There are loads who are hardly shown on TV that can be now allowed to hit the Cena placed glass ceiling. Plus maybe the signings of the cruiserweights. The female wrestlers can shine more with more serious matches etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    Thats what NXT and other shows are for.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Vince said he wants shane and Stephanie to compete with each other on their respective shows. He said he wants them to compete for the keys to the castle. I believe Vince is getting ready to retire and this is how he will choose which one gets the company.
    They can't compete with the same roster?

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    They have plenty of talent in a sense. While I don't regularly watch anymore, from what I've seen they just use it poorly and overexpose a small selection of the roster. Smackdown! in particular is basically garbage where nothing happens. On top of that, with any luck, this will allow them to basically remove Stephanie and HHH from the program (though HHH hasn't been around too much lately) because "the Authority" has definitely smothering it over the last few years.
    many are on the injured list and the rest are already split between nxt and raw/smackdown

I agree the authority needs to go. They just haven't been doing a good job running things atm.

Mick Foley for President, Mr. Socko for Vice Pres.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

10+ Year Old Account
    They also let go of a lot of people or lost them due to not making good use of them in the last year or so.

The Authority basically seems like they're trying to recapture the glory of Vince's heelness, but Vince always seemed to know when to take a break. They're just constantly at it and it's really inappropriate for any sort of administrative character to effectively be the top heel on the show, as opposed to a wrestler.
    The thing about Vince being a heel was he seemed to lose as much if not more so than he won. You don't see the authority losing very often.

They also let go of a lot of people or lost them due to not making good use of them in the last year or so.

The Authority basically seems like they're trying to recapture the glory of Vince's heelness, but Vince always seemed to know when to take a break. They're just constantly at it and it's really inappropriate for any sort of administrative character to effectively be the top heel on the show, as opposed to a wrestler.
    Agree here, the authority really doesn't even have much of a storyline to suggest why they are bad guys or why they are still around. As opposed to the feud with Austin and the Rock, the build up to their feuds with the corporation made sense and were innovative for the time. This time around it just seems they are copying the story just because it worked and they feel enough time has passed.

The thing about Vince being a heel was he seemed to lose as much if not more so than he won. You don't see the authority losing very often.
    Agreed. Vince wasn't worried about looking like an ass. I'd argue that he had fun with it alot of the time. Triple h and Stephanie dont like to be embarrassed and it effects the show badly.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Half the time the it seems like they forget that the Authority are supposed to be heels. I barely watch the show, but the logical response here would be to make a heel the GM or have a match between the good guy wrestlers and the bad guys to decide who the new manager is, and have the baby faces win lol.

The authority is just sort of there, and behave like heels *sometimes* if needed for storyline purposes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Idc I hate mick foley anyway. Overrated midget that would be nothing without the rock.

Wrestling sucks because WWE caters to the losers that want to see indy midgets from some random promotion or NXT roll around in the ring and pseudo hardcore wrestle eachother with no storyline or anything. There's no characters on the show, just a bunch of idiots like AJ Styles that have fought all around the world and that's their character.

There's no big guys and the big guys they have like Reigns have zero character. Ambrose is fucking awful, I can't stand him either. None of the shield guys are good but Rollins is really the only one that has a character even though its a shitty one.

I don't watch wrestling anymore but this is pretty awesome. It would be pretty cool if him and Terry Funk do something crazy for the fans.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's possible. I actually missed almost the entire Attitude Era, so looking back it's harder for me to see that sort of thing because I can't really watch matches or learn things in their true context. I agree the Authority win too often in any case. HHH beating Roman Reigns for the world title was extremely stupid. The dude wears a suit 364 days a year. Stay out of the ring, grandpa. You're not the Cerebral Assassin or the Game or the King of Kings anymore. You're just some doofus in a suit.
    I mean just Steve Austin alone got a good few on Vince.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Agreed. Vince wasn't worried about looking like an ass. I'd argue that he had fun with it alot of the time. Triple h and Stephanie dont like to be embarrassed and it effects the show badly.
    Vince is actually a pretty decent actor imo.

Now, this happened during a time where I didn't even sort of keep up with wrestling, but at one point weren't they fired and then they just showed back up because #reasons? Like no explanation, no nothing, and nobody even reacted to that.
    Not really sure lol, I stopped watching from like 2002 to 2010, got back into it for a few years but now just loosely follow the product. Honestly I actually enjoy reading the results more than watching the show, and then just rewatching the good parts only.

It's pretty clear that Stephanie is going to be around on the show and a focal point, probably for the next 30 years or however long the WWE is around though. She's nowhere on Vince's level though, it doesn't matter how many angles she's involved in, she just lacks the mindset Vince had when playing a heel. Things like showing weakness when appropriate, and otherwise doing everything possible to make the audience hate him.