Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    Thanks - this all makes sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's an important question for pre-patch: Has anyone worked out how to macro the Marrowgar soundbyte into BONESTORM?

I mean, it'll get old eventually, so probably not something for all of Legion, but right now I'd love to hear that when I use it.

- - - Updated - - -

I lean pretty strongly toward Tightening Grasp at T5. Tremble gets broken immediately and March is still a pacify, right? So basic March is actually better for most situations, since you can go back on the attack sooner.

Gorefiend's Grasp is up there with paladin's Final Stand as one of the absolute best tanking CDs in the game. Getting to use it more often is value.
    if you need more grips(ie dungeons or some random raid encounter) pick that if you don't just pick march... or w/e it literally doesn't matter and doesn't effect your performance.

Here's an important question for pre-patch: Has anyone worked out how to macro the Marrowgar soundbyte into BONESTORM?

I mean, it'll get old eventually, so probably not something for all of Legion, but right now I'd love to hear that when I use it.
    /cast Bonestorm
    /run PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Creature\\LordMarrowgar\\IC_Marrowgar_WW01.wav")
    /y BONESTORRMMM!!!!

Not home to try this out atm. Someone let me know if it works?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    if you need more grips(ie dungeons or some random raid encounter) pick that if you don't just pick march... or w/e it literally doesn't matter and doesn't effect your performance.
    I'd use GG on every pull if I could, gratuitously. It's a power trip.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

/cast Bonestorm
    /run PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Creature\\LordMarrowgar\\IC_Marrowgar_WW01.wav")
    /y BONESTORRMMM!!!!
    Not home to try this out atm. Someone let me know if it works?
    I guess what you just posted doesn't work, I tried something like that as well (found it on this forum few months ago).

Anyway, yesterday, I did a macro like this one that actually works :

#showtooltip Bonestorm
    /cast Bonestorm
    /script PlaySoundKitID(16946)

That's what I'm using and it works perfectly fine ; you can of course add the "/y BONESTORRMMM !!!!" if you want.

If you want to do other macros like this one, here's a tip for you to find the sound.
    Go on the boss on wowhead, click on the sound you want. Then, just under tweet/share with Facebook/google + ... you have a button "link". Click on it and select the second link "In game link" and here you go.
    For example, for Bonestorm, that's how I got "/script PlaySoundKitID(16946)"

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Zemask View Post
    I guess what you just posted doesn't work, I tried something like that as well (found it on this forum few months ago).

Anyway, yesterday, I did a macro like this one that actually works :

#showtooltip Bonestorm
    /cast Bonestorm
    /script PlaySoundKitID(16946)

That's what I'm using and it works perfectly fine ; you can of course add the "/y BONESTORRMMM !!!!" if you want.

If you want to do other macros like this one, here's a tip for you to find the sound.
    Go on the boss on wowhead, click on the sound you want. Then, just under tweet/share with Facebook/google + ... you have a button "link". Click on it and select the second link "In game link" and here you go.
    For example, for Bonestorm, that's how I got "/script PlaySoundKitID(16946)"

Hope that helps.
    Yep - thanks! I figured out the same once I got home. Had to google it. And now that I know it only plays for me, I won't have to worry about anyone else getting tired of it.

Yep - thanks! I figured out the same once I got home. Had to google it. And now that I know it only plays for me, I won't have to worry about anyone else getting tired of it.
    Ah I didn't know the sound was only playing for the player itself, good to know.
    The sound was kinda low anyway, compared to other external sounds

much more entertaining to macro it so it clicks your push to talk button and feeds the soundfile directly into your voice chat channel...

Quote Originally Posted by Resurgo View Post
    much more entertaining to macro it so it clicks your push to talk button and feeds the soundfile directly into your voice chat channel...
    Till you get kicked by your RL

Quote Originally Posted by Zemask View Post
    Till you get kicked by your RL
    Well you could save that macro for lighter stuff like 5-mans.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Resurgo View Post
    Do you have that macro set up?

Do you have that macro set up?
    I ... hmm I too would like to know how to set this up ... for science

and annoying the fuck out of my friends

"-Theres another new rune spell called Death’s Caress but you can just not put that on your bars. Good thing they pruned all the useless buttons like in Legion."
    I had a good laugh, thanks for that.

Thanks for fine-tuning my novice understanding of this spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Rias View Post
    "-Theres another new rune spell called Death’s Caress but you can just not put that on your bars. Good thing they pruned all the useless buttons like in Legion."
    I had a good laugh, thanks for that.
    Yep.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zcion999 View Post
    I ... hmm I too would like to know how to set this up ... for science

and annoying the fuck out of my friends
    Right now I'm playing the sound for me and sharing the /y with my friends. Seems like a decent compromise.
    I probably won't use Bone Storm for raiding anyway, so that shouldn't be an issue.
    Bonestorm has been working brilliantly on dungeon trash, but for raiding I'll want Purgatory.

Sadly its still one of the most complex specs when you really look at the other tanks.
    Even compared to the current iteration of Guardian Druid?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinelle View Post
    Even compared to the current iteration of Guardian Druid?
    .... really?

Its so mindless. Keep Moonfire up, Mangle on CD, Thrash on CD, Swipe if nothing else. Use rage on Ironfur like a derp unless need magic reduc. Holy shit hard. There is literally nothing else. If for some reason you take more than like 5 damage you hit frenzy awww ya. You actually can take Barkskin and SI off your bars because its completely unneeded.

Bear has been and always will be the brain dead tank.

It was only fun in Dragon Soul because you could just cat form in downtime to actually do damage.
    Last edited by Jellospally; 2016-07-22 at 06:16 PM.

Yeah, but you can sum up the BDK's offensive rotation pretty much the same way: spend runes on Marrowrend/HS depending on your BS stacks; spend RP on DS; don't let BB charges overcap; occasionally drop DnD.

Defensively, they get to choose between +armor or % magical damage reduction active mitigation. They have Frenzied Regeneration that works exactly like DS, minus the absorb. They have two % damage reduction CDs. It's so much less dull that what BDKs currently have.

If for some reason you take more than like 5 damage you hit frenzy awww ya. You actually can take Barkskin and SI off your bars because its completely unneeded.
    If that's truly that way, this is a problem with the way they balanced numbers, not with the class design.

You mention not going above 6 stacks of bone shield; why? I can't find anything that starts diminishing with more stacks.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

Quote Originally Posted by LaplaceNoMa View Post
    You mention not going above 6 stacks of bone shield; why? I can't find anything that starts diminishing with more stacks.
    No one says don't go above 6 stacks. You just don't want to Marrow above 6 ever(atm you CAN do it at 7 but practice for legion to never do it above 6 because of artifact).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sinelle View Post
    Yeah, but you can sum up the BDK's offensive rotation pretty much the same way: spend runes on Marrowrend/HS depending on your BS stacks; spend RP on DS; don't let BB charges overcap; occasionally drop DnD.

Defensively, they get to choose between +armor or % magical damage reduction active mitigation. They have Frenzied Regeneration that works exactly like DS, minus the absorb. They have two % damage reduction CDs. It's so much less dull that what BDKs currently have.
    The problem is you can't just mindless spam anything on a DK like you can on a bear.

Ya you just MR/HS based on BS stacks and spend RP on DS and don't let BB hit 2 stacks and drop DnD on CD, but you can't say thats actually how you play best. Bear you can legit say you just keep MF up, Mangle on CD, Trash on CD, and swipe, afk rage on ironfur.

DK is also on top of"MR/HS based on BS stacks and spend RP on DS and don't let BB hit 2 stacks and drop DnD on CD": Don't let runes go over 3 off CD, don't let RP get within ~20 of cap, don't just use DnD on cd or occasionally you want to use it you want to make sure the boss will not move and you can stand in it for most of duration and actually get some HS off or it was a waste. You can't just DS with RP all the time you actually have to know when to use it for real healing and not capping runes.

Neither is fucking hard at all, but bear is literally a 5 year olds spec and has been all expac of WoD and will continue to be in Legion. I really hoped they would have at least made the Affinities worth something, but nope they are all dps loss and you stay in bear form hitting 2 buttons instead of swapping forms to keep rip/rake up for max dps.

Eh as a filthy casual I am having fun with the DK's simplicity over the Bear....which uses that active mitigation and forces a choice of WHAT KINDS of damage to mitigate while Bone Shield eats everything

Also I really dislike keeping an eye on iron fur expiring as opposed to seeing my bone shield stack ON my actual button. And then as a bear in the PVE world I have to decide how much rage my heal will consume vs my DS which consumes a trivial resource (not runes)

SO from THIS lazy casual's perspective, I chose DK because it was easier than Bear. Just sayin.
    Last edited by fled; 2016-07-23 at 02:07 PM.

I have a question for you, Trox. At 742 ilv, enchanting and gemming all haste, my haste is about 21%. With this, I'm feeling very GCD locked. What do you think the magic haste number is? If I wanted to dial it back, would it then be a tradeoff between crit for dmg and mastery for survivability?

Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    What is everyones experience with Mark of Blood so far? I did a couple of tests last night, and found that with a 100% uptime over a 2 minute period, that I received ~300k more healing than with Red thirst and VB being up 3 times in the same 2 minute period. I’m 720 iLevel with mastery gems (haven’t gotten around to changing them yet). I’d like to know what everyone else thinks of Mark of Blood vs Red Thirst.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.