Page 80 of 80 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    I'd sim yourself.
    Oh, I would definitely sim things for yourself. That's why I include the source files.

Belt with high agility sims very high because of the interplay between reducing focus cost during damage increase buffs (the belt) paired with simultaneously doing more damage (high agility and mastery in legs or high agility in kj, for instance). Belt legs and belt kj also benefit from the CoS/Arcway set possibilities at shoulders/wrists which are included in the profiles whenever possible. That being said, be skeptical and sim yourself. That's what the files are for.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rilf View Post
    yeah. i execute "T19M_all_aoe_trinkets" and within seconds i get 6 folders with the mentioned *.simc files and some textfiles.
    The logfile tells me
    "C:\se\scripts\windows\sv_trinkets_3>D:\Programme\SimCraft\simc-720-02-win64/D:\Programme\SimCraft\simc-720-02-win64\simc.exe ./T19M_0.simc xml=./T19M_0.xml threads=8 iterations=10000 enemy=enemy1 enemy=enemy2 enemy=enemy3"
    Syntax error in filename, foldername or volum label is wrong

But only for the ones with T19M_X.

I checked the environment variables like 10 times...
    I will reinstall everything and put it in the same folder. maybe that helps?
    The environment variable you have wrong is SIMCRAFT_BIN. This should be simply set to "simc" nowadays. In previous expansions, the Simcraft tool had compiled a different executable name for each architecture type. Iirc, it was simc64 for 64 bit Windows and simc or simc32 for 32 bit Windows.

Anyway, from your printout above, it appears to me that you've set the following:

Code:
    SIMCRAFT_ROOT=D:\Programme\SimCraft\simc-720-02-win64
    SIMCRAFT_BIN=D:\Programme\SimCraft\simc-720-02-win64\simc.exe
    What you actually want is:

Code:
    SIMCRAFT_ROOT=D:\Programme\SimCraft\simc-720-02-win64
    SIMCRAFT_BIN=simc.exe
    Let me know if you still have problems with it. BTW, depending on what time you have available for simming, you may just want to pace yourself on what you are running. All AoE trinket sims will probably take more than 24 hours on your system. So, keep that in mind.

If you are interested in individual AoE trinket sims, and let's say you only want SV AoE trinket sims, you can find the scripts in that .bat file. These individual simulations scripts can be found in the following locations:

Code:
    %SE_ROOT%\scripts\windows\T19M_sv_3t_trinkets.bat
    %SE_ROOT%\scripts\windows\T19M_sv_6t_trinkets.bat
    The only thing I really need from these runs would be the resulting HTML files. You can send those to me at [email protected], if you want. The file should be less than 1MB (it's not the ridiculous simcraft HTML output of 40MB+)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    Is there any way to add a line in the simulation profile that sets the "Num Enemies" option that you change in the simcraft global options? Like for instance something like:

main_hand=...
    num_targets=3
    The way to add more targets in simcraft is really bizarre, but it is what it is. You basically override the enemy keyword and it adds a new target enemy to beat on. So, it looks sort of like this:

Code:
    armory=us,area+52,Effinhunter

enemy=enemy1
    enemy=enemy2
    enemy=enemy3
    To add 3 enemies to the fight named "enemy1", "enemy2", and "enemy3"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    This a thousand times.

Going from Shoulders+Wrists to Shoulders+Waist says 7k dps upgrade, but after I got the waist my personal simcraft went up by way more, was around 50k iirc.

And in actual combat its even more because fights are shorter and if you, for example, kill a boss with 15-30s cd left on Wildcall it doesnt effect you much with the waist, but man with the wrists its another 50k-100k dps less.
    This is true, but with the caveat that these specific item combinations also change with Convergence of Fates equipped. Additionally, the profile currently includes the CoS/Arcway set bonus that procs 3000 crit if the slots are available. This is elevating the non-shoulder and non-wrist profiles. I could remove the shoulder/wrist combination so it doesn't bias the comparison (though the point is that not using shoulders does open you up to the set).

The sims are set to 5m. If you have a fight that you know is exactly 3m 30s, then set the max_time appropriately.

For instance, here's the same source file ran at different times.

1m fight length

2m fight length

2m 30s fight length

- - - Updated - - -

Here is what the sim looks like if I remove the possibility of getting the Arcway/CoS set and just focus on 900/930 gear with tier and Convergence:

BM legendary combos, 5m, no set from Arc/CoS, 10k iterations, Simcraft Source
    Last edited by Effinhunter; 2017-04-23 at 08:23 AM.

Finished MM and BM 3T and sent it to you by mail.

rilf ran the MM 3 target and BM 3 target sims. Updated.

BM, 44 traits, Talents (2202012|3103031), 895/925 gear: Single Target | Three Target
    MM, 44 traits, Talents (1103013|1101032a), 895/925 gear: Single Target | Three Target
    SV, 44 traits, Talents (3101032), 895/925 gear: Single Target
    Last edited by Effinhunter; 2017-04-26 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Effinhunter View Post
    I'm not sure which build we should be doing MM 3-6 targets with. High movement build? Single target equivalent?
    I play the trickshot build (1313133) all the time cause i got the belt and meme-build gives me cancer.....
    I Use it even in high movement fights like elisande hc. I needed some time to get used to it but now its fine.

The MM community seems so be split between trickshot and meme build. If you like, you can create scripts for both builds (3T and 6T) so i can run them (the mm 3t only took 2h, while bm took 5,5h...). After that we can check how much the trinket listing differs and decide if its nessecary to stick with both or just one.

Some interesting results recently. Surprised to see the ring creeping back up towards the top, I got it the other day(still no belt RIP) and think i'll drop the boots to use Mantle/Ring now.

Quote Originally Posted by rilf View Post
    I play the trickshot build (1313133) all the time cause i got the belt and meme-build gives me cancer.....
    I Use it even in high movement fights like elisande hc. I needed some time to get used to it but now its fine.

The MM community seems so be split between trickshot and meme build. If you like, you can create scripts for both builds (3T and 6T) so i can run them (the mm 3t only took 2h, while bm took 5,5h...). After that we can check how much the trinket listing differs and decide if its nessecary to stick with both or just one.
    I can certainly just make two sets of scripts for MM as well in 3t and 6t. One for the trickshot build and one for the high movement build. What talents would people like to see in these? I have not put volley in the AoE BM builds and have instead just put the stock build 2202012 across the BM trinket sims. I don't see any reason to focus an all aoe build into these sims as it rarely affects the ranking of trinkets, just the overall dps.

- - - Updated - - -

So, I've modified and added the 3 target and 6 target sims in Simcraft Explorer to use either a AoE build or more of a stock build. The "all_aoe" trinket script now calls the following:

Code:
    call %SE_ROOT%\scripts\windows\T19M_bm_3t_trinkets.bat
    call %SE_ROOT%\scripts\windows\T19M_bm_3t_trinkets_aoe.bat
    call %SE_ROOT%\scripts\windows\T19M_bm_6t_trinkets.bat
    call %SE_ROOT%\scripts\windows\T19M_bm_6t_trinkets_aoe.bat
    call %SE_ROOT%\scripts\windows\T19M_mm_3t_trinkets.bat
    call %SE_ROOT%\scripts\windows\T19M_mm_3t_trinkets_trickshot.bat
    call %SE_ROOT%\scripts\windows\T19M_mm_6t_trinkets.bat
    call %SE_ROOT%\scripts\windows\T19M_mm_6t_trinkets_trickshot.bat
    call %SE_ROOT%\scripts\windows\T19M_sv_3t_trinkets.bat
    call %SE_ROOT%\scripts\windows\T19M_sv_6t_trinkets.bat
    The baseline 3 and 6 target build is the stock BM build. the baseline 3 and 6 target build is the high movement build.

The *_trickshot.bat and *_aoe.bat scripts are new. For BM, the *_aoe scripts use a Stampede build. For MM, the trickshot build is only slightly different in that it uses Trickshot.

These are in latest download in https://sourceforge.net/projects/sim...les/installers. We just need to run them (each script seems to take about 2-3 hours, depending on computer).

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, I've created some Wiki pages for Simcraft Explorer that will hopefully help anyone trying to run trinket sims to validate what is posted here (or help us with keeping these up to date). You can find the wiki for installation and running the scripts (including how to stop/start sims without losing progress) here:
    https://sourceforge.net/p/simcraftexplorer/wiki/Home/

Is any sims taking considiration of having Cornered up for the pet during the initial seconds? When I was using the ring earlier I always had the buff up on each boss pull and did some silly numbers (sadly gets removed fast from pet getting random heals, but would def have an impact in short fights like the 1min sim)

Not sure if there is a good way of siming this.

rilf ran the MM 6 target and SV 3 target sims. Updated.

BM, 44 traits, Talents (2202012|3103031), 895/925 gear: Single Target | Three Target
    MM, 44 traits, Talents (1103013|1101032a), 895/925 gear: Single Target | Three Target | Six Target
    SV, 44 traits, Talents (3101032), 895/925 gear: Single Target | Three Target

I'm working on a request to update SEA to do armory breakdowns again. Something weird happened during my last run and 20 trinkets simmed for half of what they should have. I'm trying to run it again with my armory profile and trinkets to show you guys an example of what it currently looks like. It would basically do trinket sims with your gear profile and give you an HTML file to look at. I'll post it when I have something to post (and when I get time to work on the code).

Edit: just realized these are not ran with latest version and the scaling of the bars is off. Will work to get those reran for 6 target.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like Simcraft just had some issues with armory imports when I was running SEA the last time. Here is what the results currently look like when evaluating trinkets 900ilvl+ on my 2nd trinket slot, using my own armory as a baseline.

http://effin.highfiveguild.com/sims/..._trinket2.html

SEA should be updated in latest Simcraft Explorer. Here's how you would run your own after installation (see Simcraft Explorer link in my sig).

Code:
    %SE_ROOT%\sea -s %SE_ROOT%\profiles\T19M\hunter -a us,area+52,Effinhunter --gear-check 0 --trinket2-check "ilvl>=900" -x my_trinket2
    .\my_trinket2_run.bat
    %SE_ROOT\ser -s . -d . -i %SE_ROOT\profile\T19M\hunter -x my_trinket2 --html -x my_trinket2.html -t "Effinhunter Trinket 2 Upgrades"
    I'll update the SEA wiki to describe this process in detail, but I believe this should work in running your own trinket sim for a second trinket slot. If you want to try things in your first trinket slot, you can simply change trinket2 to trinket1 in the code block above to replicate the test in trinket1.

I am thinking of ways to make the output better. Right now, your current gear is shown in orange, so you can see that there are many options above my 2nd trinket slot item (an 885 BTI).
    Last edited by Effinhunter; 2017-04-26 at 05:02 PM.

Mantle is looking pretty bad in 7.2.5 sims. It's actually simming the lowest for me (compared to all others in combination with the belt). Blizzard loves swinging the pendulum don't they? It'll only be exacerbated when legendaries are upgraded to a higher ilvl and stuff like Roots will gain a boatload of Agility.

Not really surprising when you play with it on PTR though. There's seemingly no benefit to the second charge outside of the opener. There's plenty of time to react to the new procs without wasting much of anything.

@Effinhunter do you have some special apl for BM boots? It's pretty hard to evaluate the boots with the default APL since it prioritizes stuff wrong for boots optimal play.

Quote Originally Posted by BendakWoW View Post
    Not really surprising when you play with it on PTR though. There's seemingly no benefit to the second charge outside of the opener. There's plenty of time to react to the new procs without wasting much of anything.
    There is, first of all you can pool stacks of DF just to get a bigger uptime of more stacks. The other thing you are not considering is the new T20 bonus which focuses very much on the BW windows. For those burst windows you want to have two stacks of DF just to not run out of focus at the end of the BW window. This is currently not implemented in simc, which is why you don't see any benefit from the mantle.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    @Effinhunter do you have some special apl for BM boots? It's pretty hard to evaluate the boots with the default APL since it prioritizes stuff wrong for boots optimal play.
    I've heard that a few times, but I have yet to see an APL do this. If this really is a thing, then surely someone must have an APL for this, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Effinhunter View Post
    I've heard that a few times, but I have yet to see an APL do this. If this really is a thing, then surely someone must have an APL for this, right?
    It's just that in SimC APL, if KC and DF are both up at the same time, it casts DF->KC instead of KC->DF to benefit from boots.

I personally don't have enough experience with the APL to make it work the intended way if Boots are equipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    It's just that in SimC APL, if KC and DF are both up at the same time, it casts DF->KC instead of KC->DF to benefit from boots.

I personally don't have enough experience with the APL to make it work the intended way if Boots are equipped.
    I can mess around with the apl this weekend, present some options, and we can see.

This is what I have come up so far with:

Code:
    actions=auto_shot
    actions+=/counter_shot,if=target.debuff.casting.react
    actions+=/arcane_torrent,if=focus.deficit>=30
    actions+=/berserking,if=buff.bestial_wrath.remains>10
    actions+=/blood_fury
    actions+=/volley,toggle=on
    actions+=/potion,if=buff.aspect_of_the_wild.remains|!cooldown.aspect_of_the_wild.remains
    actions+=/a_murder_of_crows
    actions+=/stampede,if=buff.bloodlust.up|buff.bestial_wrath.up|cooldown.bestial_wrath.remains<=2|target.time_to_die<=14
    actions+=/bestial_wrath
    actions+=/kill_command,if=equipped.qapla_eredun_war_order
    actions+=/aspect_of_the_wild,if=buff.bestial_wrath.remains>10|target.time_to_die<12
    actions+=/dire_beast,if=cooldown.bestial_wrath.remains>3
    actions+=/dire_frenzy,if=(cooldown.bestial_wrath.remains>6&(!equipped.the_mantle_of_command|pet.cat.buff.dire_frenzy.remains<=gcd.max*1.2))|charges>=2|(focus.deficit>=25+talent.dire_stable.enabled*12&buff.bestial_wrath.remains>gcd.max*2)|target.time_to_die<9
    actions+=/titans_thunder,if=(talent.dire_frenzy.enabled&buff.bestial_wrath.up)|cooldown.dire_beast.remains>=3|(buff.bestial_wrath.up&pet.dire_beast.active)
    actions+=/barrage,if=spell_targets.barrage>1
    actions+=/multishot,if=spell_targets>4&(pet.cat.buff.beast_cleave.remains<gcd.max|pet.cat.buff.beast_cleave.down)
    actions+=/kill_command
    actions+=/multishot,if=spell_targets>1&(pet.cat.buff.beast_cleave.remains<gcd.max*2|pet.cat.buff.beast_cleave.down)
    actions+=/chimaera_shot,if=focus<90
    actions+=/cobra_shot,if=(cooldown.kill_command.remains>focus.time_to_max&cooldown.bestial_wrath.remains>focus.time_to_max)|(buff.bestial_wrath.up&focus.regen*cooldown.kill_command.remains>30)|target.time_to_die<cooldown.kill_command.remains
    This yields a 10k dps gain for my character using the boots.

That APL gives me 3k increased DPS over the baseline version. Still doesn't beat Roots(when combined with Ring).