10+ Year Old Account

Why aren't reports automatically redirected into PM to a global mod?

When I report a post it gets totally ignored and fuck all is done about it. We're told to bring it to the attention of a global mod via a PM and I'm tired of it. What's the point of the report system? Why aren't reports automatically sent to a global mod in the form of a PM?

Because Blues would be drowned in a see of death and endless reports from every forum on this site.

Just because you've reported it doesn't mean action must be taken by the mods as well.

Because the amount of reports I guess. And I would also guess that 99% of all reports are not done against someone who has done anything wrong, the person reporting just disagrees.

10+ Year Old Account
    The reports do go to globals, in the form of emails (for those of us with it enabled) and in the form of us being able to check the report forum to see what hasn't been handled yet by greens. I don't want thousands of PMs a day, that would just make me ignore them all. I don't have time for that!

Reports do get missed incidentally (globals included) but it's also very true that just because something is reported doesn't mean it's something directly infracted. Sometimes we disagree something is an infraction. Sometimes we choose to warn the user to knock it off. Sometimes we choose to warn the entire thread to knock it off. Sometimes we infract on a different post instead. A report is a way to summon mods to the thread and get something reviewed, but it doesn't guarantee the action will be the one you want. It is also the case that just because something hasn't been handled yet doesn't mean it's not going to be; if the post and report are only a few minutes old, it's probably the case that mods are still looking at the dozens that came before it first.

If you really feel that something is objectionable and has not been handled within a reasonable time period (a few hours), you're welcome to report it again to bump the report or PM a global mod with a direct link.