Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Ah, now I get it. @Hamsda made something you could probably take a look at https://wago.io/EyDf_spwZ
    Quote Originally Posted by a wiser man
    Tanking should not exist just to let healers and dps have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coramac
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?
    WeakAura sets with Rotation Helpers: Vengeance - Brewmaster

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

Hello!

I'm very new to Brewmaster tanking as well as kind of new to WeakAuras.

I appreciate all the hard work everybody put into these very nice looking WA! I do have some issues though in picking one because I'm not entirely sure just by looking at one what it exactly is telling me.

Ok, so I'm using Jacksel nameplate from the first post and that's really good but is there anyway to add the total number of charges to the Ironskin Brew icon? That way I know how many I have between that and Purifying. And I think that's basically all I need. I created a simple icon cooldown tracker for my Blackox Brew as well to help with that!

Deleted
    Hey,

I recently made a WW Monk and I'm enjoying the spec very much. I started working on some WA's to aid me in my rotation and managed to come up with this:

Link to WA's: http://pastebin.com/s8DK3GG8

It just shows up as one icon as you load it and it actives as soon as you enter combat and throw out your first Tiger Palm. From there on it suggests your next move, never suggesting the same move twice in a row to make sure to use the WW mastery.If you have 2 or more targets tagged with Mark of the Crane, it will throw SCK in the mix. It should work with the most common talents and if you run with Hit Combo it will suggest the use of Healing Elixir if you cap too high on energy and Chi (fx. after the use of Energizing Elixir) to continue your combo stacks.

I know these auras will ask alot of your addon-memory, but let me know what you think. I would love feedback on how to improve on things.

P.S. I take no credit for almost any of the custom coding, it's almost entirely retrofitted code I stole from WA's other people made

edit: updated with minor improvements
    Last edited by mmoc606f8782a5; 2016-08-20 at 02:33 PM.

Deleted
    Updated my WA and made description.
    Last edited by mmocbfccce7d9f; 2016-08-21 at 06:58 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalem View Post
    Hello!

I'm very new to Brewmaster tanking as well as kind of new to WeakAuras.

I appreciate all the hard work everybody put into these very nice looking WA! I do have some issues though in picking one because I'm not entirely sure just by looking at one what it exactly is telling me.

Ok, so I'm using Jacksel nameplate from the first post and that's really good but is there anyway to add the total number of charges to the Ironskin Brew icon? That way I know how many I have between that and Purifying. And I think that's basically all I need. I created a simple icon cooldown tracker for my Blackox Brew as well to help with that!
    The ISB WA is in the UI group, which makes ISB charges show up like 'chi' (but with a recharge bar). I'm considering just tossing all the wa's in one group, but that feels like too many wa's in 1 group. I wish you could make sub-groups. So I could have the big 'brewmaster' group, with separate groups for the nameplate bar, the ISB wa's and the energy and stagger bars.

Also I really like the idea of the stagger bar changing colors with BoC ISB. Wishing again I was able to do custom coding.

Deleted
    I'm working on a WA attached to the Personal Resource Display. Here's a preview of what I've done so far:

Last edited by mmoc83d121fb87; 2016-08-24 at 02:13 PM.

Ultrabrews, BrM ridiculous WAs

Ridiculously useful that is.

Edit: Edited in a video as an example of how this set of auras functions in a mythic dungeon scenario here!
    https://www.twitch.tv/arrogancegg/v/85721524

Warning, this post is going to have a lot of large pictures, I resized them but I want them to be semi-large so as to express the nuance of the auras and specific positions/uses.

TLDR: The aura strings are at the bottom of the post

***You are going to need to download two custom textures to make this suite work***
    Pepetga- This pepe texture will be referenced by the pepe auras which tell you when your last brew charge is less than 6 seconds from being full, meaning you should use a charge before your next Keg Smash.
    Download - https://wago.io/NJoukOucW

Monktga - This texture is referenced in the Stagger auras and change colors.
    Downlaod - https://wago.io/N1tY1du9-

If you do not know how to insert a custom texture into weakaura, I will go over that briefly.
    1) Download files above
    2) create a folder in your World of Warcraft\Interface directory, that looks like this:

a) I created the folder named WAtgas in my case and dropped the files in there
    3) In the auras referencing Stagger/Pepe insert the directory in this format: interface\WAtgas\monktga or interface\WAtgas\pepetga in the Texture field. Shown here:

I'd like to thank Obsolete from Seraph of US-Mal'ganis for the inspiration for this aura. After he showed me how boring his auras were I had to set out to make some over-the-top, fun, and still informative auras.

So, first, here's a screenshot of the two versions of the Aura group:
    HuD

Here's how the aura group looks when you are just standing around, it can definitely be changed to only be visible on entering combat, but sometimes I like to know how many brews I have available outside combat as well:
    Without Light Brewing:

With Light Brewing:

Each one of the halves of the Yin-Yang symbol refer to a specific brew. Top right, RED, is your first charge of brew. Top left, PURPLE, is your second charge of brew. Bottom, GREEN, is your third charge. Lastly, if you've selected Light Brewing as a talent, the 4th stack is Top, Blue!

So with that said, every time you chug a brew, one charge will be used up, depending on how many stacks of brew you have left, will determine how many of the symbols you have remaining on your screen.

Here are examples of each brew charge used:
    1st brew drunk:

You'll notice there is a timer associated when ISB is up and you still have two full brew symbols in order to signify you have two charges left.

2nd brew used:

ISB is up with a timer, however the previous brew(Green) is not present, as we're now in the situation with one brew remaining, ISB up, and the 2nd is recharging.

3rd brew used:

Now only red remains, and you have no charges left. You are now a sad brewmaster.
    *Note, the timers for purple and red were not even in these screenshots, they are now and have since been fixed.

Once a brew is used and recharging and ISB is not up, you will see each brew symbol refill accordingly. In this next picture the 3rd brew is filling up and once there is less than six seconds left, aka an empowered Keg Smash while BoC is active, a flashing pepe will appear and a smooth robot beep will sound. This tells you that you should use a brew otherwise you will be capped, and no one wants to cap on brew charges.

The next thing on the list is our Stagger indicator!
    Our stagger indicator is signified by Green, Yellow and Red custom Monk icon textures.
    Green level stagger will appear as so in the HUD set of auras

The timer denotes how long the stagger dot will remain on you

Yellow level stagger

Red level stagger is the same, it's just red. I couldn't get myself into red stagger in mythic BSM in my attempt to show you the aura. Here is the aura however

That's basically it for the functionality of the auras, next I wanted to go over the second set, which is just a differing position of the first set. I know people don't like HUD style stuff, myself included, so I did one that is more compact and movable, just move the group and you're all set! This will take the same effort to get the custom textures enabled though.

Here is what I call the "Not-around-my-character-set" of auras:

This is how it appears out of combat(especially while dead) without light brewing selected

Here is a picture with light brewing selected

These auras function completely the same as the previous set.

Here are the strings in case you actually want to use this ridiculous set of auras!
    Ultrabrews (HUD version)
    https://wago.io/4kzJuddc-

Ultrabrews 2 (not-around-my-character-set)
    https://wago.io/41qb_u_9-
    Last edited by Ultramad; 2016-08-26 at 02:46 AM.

Deleted

[WA] Complete Mistweaver WeakAura setup for Legion

Hello, made WA setup for guildie, thought i might share with others aswell

here is small preview video of it:

Supports all talents, includes fistweaving

Font: Accidental Presidency
    Bar Texture: Elvui Norm
    Icon Texture: Masque - FlatSquares

You can import this from here:

https://wago.io/E1nJ3O9c-

Deleted
    THanks looks nice

Great for thoes that dont really know how weakauras setups work, like me :P

did not even know you could attack stuff to the personal resource display. looks very promising

Quote Originally Posted by Fzzf View Post
    Hello, made WA setup for guildie, thought i might share with others as well

Fzzf,

Those are very cool. I didn't see in demo vid, maybe i missed it, but do your WA count the duration of mana tea as well as the cooldown? Looks great though.
    Last edited by Meradith; 2016-08-28 at 12:45 PM.

Thanks for this, it's very nice!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meradith View Post
    Fzzf,

Those are very cool. I didn't see in demo vid, maybe i missed it, but do your WA count the duration of mana tea as well as the cooldown? Looks great though.
    Yes it does

Quote Originally Posted by Rockjael View Post
    The best part here IMO is the Mastery Tracker icon and the Hit combo Counter, the icon will show you the last skill you performed, so take that in consideration before casting your next skill (Chi wave & Flying serpent kick counts - Another reason to not pick 'Eye of the Tiger' as t1 talent ) , it also will make a sound to let you know if you fu**ed up the Hit Combo counter or used the same skill 2 times in a row.

https://wago.io/V114CNFPZ
    Why didn't you use UNIT_SPELLCAST_SUCCEEDED instead of COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED for your mastery tracker?
    COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED triggers significantly more often. 38k vs. 6.7k in one Archimonde lfr fight.

Quote Originally Posted by LordHam View Post
    I'm working on a WA attached to the Personal Resource Display. Here's a preview of what I've done so far:

How'd you get your auras to anchor like that? I didn't think weakauras had anchoring

Interesting ideas in this thread. I will surely copy some to my own WA layout

Monk ones done, I haven't been playing monk lately so definitely feel free to give feedback

I call it Uberauras because it's almost an extension to Weakauras rather than just a group of Icons.

With this code, you can track ANY player ability with a single meaningfully useful WA icon, by default.
    This allows for use of dynamic groups that are otherwise impossible to make.

I've manually created groups for a couple classes, but the icons can be duplicated for any class/spec.
    (Simply change "Ability Name" in the 'Actions' tab).
    If you have trouble porting this to a particular ability please comment on the collection page (the below link) on WAGO and I'll help you fix it.

WAGO LINK

The first ~40s of this vid give you a brief idea of how it works, and the rest shows how to port the auras to new abilities/classes. If you know weakauras you won't need the vid, its all VERY easy.

Deleted
    It seems that the link isn't working anymore. Could you perhaps send me the string since I really liked the look of this?

I would like to post a screenshot of my UI again:

http://imgur.com/a/WNpE4

I call this: My Weakaura UI.

Because I just love Weakauras!

Other addons I will mention are:

MoveAnything (the chi bar)
    https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/move-anything

Ouf_Abu (the portrait player frame) - much cleaner
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...20-oUFAbu.html
    Last edited by chaarrllee3000; 2016-08-30 at 05:54 PM.

Deleted

Woooooow!

I was looking for a cool Weak Aura Set and I'm really stupid to made such things. Thanks Fzzf for sharing this awesome Weakaura!