Page 51 of 124 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    You guys finding WW clunky to play at all or are you thoroughly enjoying it? going to be mostly doing Mythic+

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    You guys finding WW clunky to play at all or are you thoroughly enjoying it? going to be mostly doing Mythic+
    Clunkiness is hit or miss, some pulls you'll have 99.7% activity others you'll have 95.7%, I however enjoy it because I feel like it's the hardest class to play at maximum potential.

I know Mastery is important to us but is it important enough to pick;

Val'kyr Ascension Signet (840)
    Woe-Bearer's Band (840)

Instead of;

Band of the Wyrm Matron (855)
    Loop of Vitriolic Intent (850)

I will lose about 1.250 Mastery since on of the Mastery rings also have a socket. It feels bad to leave out all that Mastery but I guess ilvl is ilvl after all..

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwell View Post
    Clunkiness is hit or miss, some pulls you'll have 99.7% activity others you'll have 95.7%, I however enjoy it because I feel like it's the hardest class to play at maximum potential.
    Sounds good. Feel newbish asking all these questions. I only really do mythic+ and was levelling Hunter to compete with MM/BM, but I'd much prefer playing a melee in 5 mans, so looks like Windwalker is my obvious option!

Quote Originally Posted by Bajsbyxa View Post

Woe-Bearer's Band (840)

Instead of;

I will lose about 1.250 Mastery since on of the Mastery rings also have a socket. It feels bad to leave out all that Mastery but I guess ilvl is ilvl after all..
    item level means a lot less on rings since there's no agility. Just sim your gear on ask mr robot and see what comes out higher. The answer is "it depends" but my guess is that it's pretty close, especially with the socket.
    Last edited by Dakiri; 2016-10-05 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    Then why not provide him a link to where it can easily be read.

Spinning Crane Kick: Theorycrafting | Walking the Wind
    I'm sorry if I ask too many questions, but I'm just trying to get some clarity when it comes to AoE and what is better.

If there are at least 12 targets total, you can pop Storm, Earth, and Fire and uses Spinning Crane Kick, then Tiger Palm > Blackout Kick > Tiger Palm to get back to 3 Chi, using 4 GCD.
    Why the SCK first? Does that generate stacks, or are you just getting aoe damage out, then building stacks and then casting the big mamma-jamma second?

How do you handle this on normal M+ 3 and 4 mob pulls? SEF whenever you have charges straight into TP>BK>TP>SCK or should it be something like TP > BK > TP > FOF > TP > RSK > WDP, and if the mobs still have life, combo to SCK?

I've read most of the stuff on your site, so thank you for all the information. I just like to make sure I'm not interpreting anything wrong.

Deleted
    Why would you say it's the hardest class to play at maximum potential?

Just curious

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinich View Post
    Why the SCK first? Does that generate stacks, or are you just getting aoe damage out, then building stacks and then casting the big mamma-jamma second?

How do you handle this on normal M+ 3 and 4 mob pulls? SEF whenever you have charges straight into TP>BK>TP>SCK or should it be something like TP > BK > TP > FOF > TP > RSK > WDP, and if the mobs still have life, combo to SCK?

I've read most of the stuff on your site, so thank you for all the information. I just like to make sure I'm not interpreting anything wrong.
    I think he was speaking generally about how to get Chi back for SCK without losing Hit Combo, after just having done a SCK and being at 0 Chi. The TP>BoK>TP>SCK is just to avoid going TP > TP > SCK and losing Hit Combo, if nothing else is available. Note that there are other possibilities depending on talents.

No, SCK itself doesn't generate stacks.

The table at the Walking the Wind analysis on SCK gives a really good overview of when SCK is better than other stuff. That information gives the answers you seek for different situations, but you have to analyze the situation and apply some common sense. E.g. a huge pull in a group with extreme good aoe damage in general will favor using FoF, as it can do its damage fast and without having to build stacks. In the same pull in a group with not much aoe damage it might be better to stack ~15 stacks for SEF and then go crazy with SCK.
    Though, in most cases (standard pulls of 2-6 mobs or so on m3+/4+), FoF and the other stuff with CDs win, with SCK or BoK being the fillers at 1 / multiple targets. So it would be something like TP > FoF > TP > SotWL > TP > RSK > WDP (or RSK/WDP before SotWL, not sure on that one) with Power Strikes, or something like TP > Chi Burst > TP > FoF etc without.
    Last edited by mmoc48c29aaf6e; 2016-10-05 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vecayse View Post
    Why would you say it's the hardest class to play at maximum potential?

Just curious
    I mean look at every other dps class, ele and ref have addons than literally do you rotation for you, Ass/MM/Fury/Arms actually have 3 buttons with marginal room for error. Ww you actually have to do mechanics and remember what spell you last used while thinking what you're going to do next whether it be saving a SotWL for 5 seconds to line it up with sef and so forth all the while knowing if you drop hit combo once your damage is rip.

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    Sounds good. Feel newbish asking all these questions. I only really do mythic+ and was levelling Hunter to compete with MM/BM, but I'd much prefer playing a melee in 5 mans, so looks like Windwalker is my obvious option!
    I enjoy m+ more than raiding and it just so happens WW is extremely good for it. Only thing about us is that we really don't have a defensive to cheese mechanics like some other classes do. But we're fast as fuck boiiiii
    Last edited by Soulwell; 2016-10-06 at 04:27 AM.

knowing if you drop hit combo once your damage is rip.
    not true. ive ended up dropping hit combo many times in raids do to lag or miss press, and still remain top 3 damage.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

I mean look at every other dps class, ele and ref have addons than literally do you rotation for you, Ass/MM/Fury/Arms actually have 3 buttons with marginal room for error. Ww you actually have to do mechanics and remember what spell you last used while thinking what you're going to do next whether it be saving a SotWL for 5 seconds to line it up with sef and so forth all the while knowing if you drop hit combo once your damage is rip.

I enjoy m+ more than raiding and it just so happens WW is extremely good for it. Only thing about us is that we really don't have a defensive to cheese mechanics like some other classes do. But we're fast as fuck boiiiii

Yeah dude, I'm levelling it up to 110 at the moment, will go WW mainspec and MW offspec as love MW, and good to finally see it can heal M+, hell I've seen someone heal an Mythic 11 with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Bajsbyxa View Post

Woe-Bearer's Band (840)

Instead of;

Check out askmrrobot.com

I am a menace to my own destiny.

Askmrrobot uses generic stat weights, so I suggest using simcraft's stat scaling option to find your character's actual stat weights then putting those numbers into askmrrobot.

WW has a TMW addon that tells you which attack to use next as well. HERE!
    We should try to always keep hit combo up but I dont think it dropping off is as detrimental as say savage roar for ferals is/was.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    not true. ive ended up dropping hit combo many times in raids do to lag or miss press, and still remain top 3 damage.
    Your assertion is relative and unsubstantiated without logs to verify. You could be doing better than every other dps in your raid but still be the worst WW in terms of performance.
    Last edited by Kioga; 2016-10-06 at 01:42 PM.

Deleted
    Chi Wave (out of boss range on self) -> FSK (don’t hit anything) -> Prepotion -> Chi Wave (on target) -> EE ->

i dont get this opening rotation by walkingthewind. Why use chi wave on your self, when it gives no chi and totally nothing. Then, when you do chi wave it goes into 15 sec CD, and when you use prepotion, chi wave is still on CD, so you cannot use it as guide says.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Piens View Post
    Chi Wave (out of boss range on self) -> FSK (don’t hit anything) -> Prepotion -> Chi Wave (on target) -> EE ->

i dont get this opening rotation by walkingthewind. Why use chi wave on your self, when it gives no chi and totally nothing. Then, when you do chi wave it goes into 15 sec CD, and when you use prepotion, chi wave is still on CD, so you cannot use it as guide says.
    Hit combo, it builds 3 stacks of HC before you get to the boss.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

And to add on to what Babylonius said in regards to 3 stacks of HC before pulling the boss, you need to time the ChiW>FSK>ChiW. When you have 1 second left on HC THEN you FSK and the second Chi Wave will be off cooldown to pull this off.

Hey I'm from Ask Mr. Robot. You can actually generate custom weights with our simulator which is more thorough than any other source of stat weights.

When you run a 'gearing strategy,' we look at thousands of data points for each stat AND run every trinket and item with a proc through a full set of simulations. When the simulation finishes you get custom stat weights AND all of the items with procs are bundled in that report so when you rank items, it comes directly from those simulations.

The stat weights also let you plan out how far you want to look for gear. Right now? 10 iLevel outs? Further?

To run a gearing strategy:
    1. Go to the sim setup page: http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/simulator/run
    2. Load your character
    3. Change the sim type on the right from 'single run' to 'gearing strategy'
    4. Change the min/max iLevel in the options that show up. I'd advise NOT to change the margin of errors, unless you are willing for the simulation to take hours instead of just 30 minutes.
    5. Click Simulate.

When you're done, click the green 'save and use' button the report and everything, including the trinket simulation data, is imported onto your character gear page
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

Deleted

Also, you do this only when your raid leader is benevolent enough to give you a 15+s pull timers. If you only have the luxury of 10s pull timer, do chi wave on 9, then RSK on 6-3, prepot and roll your way to the boss.

how about tempered-egg-of-serpentrix
    saw some monks on mythic Nythendra with this trink. With higher gear trink comes better?