Page 44 of 124 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Looking around there's 2 different openers for Serenity on WtW so now I'm really not sure which one is correct. There's one under the Wordy Guide and a different one under the TL;DR guide, and both of these seem to not work correctly during Serenity either. Also, the opener of Serenity without Gale Burst favors SCK over BoK, but the normal Serenity rotation is the opposite favoring BoK over SCK any idea why that is? Any help or clarification on the issue would be much appreciated.

Wordy guide: Serenity + RSK > SotW -> FoF -> RSK -> SCK -> BoK -> Serenity complete -> RSK -> TP -> FOF
    TL;DR guide: TP or EE -> FoF -> TP -> TOD -> TP -> Serenity+RSK -> BoK -> SotW -> BoK -> RSK -> BoK -> SCK -> BoK -> FoF on last tick -> RSK
    Last edited by Carthh; 2016-09-24 at 06:15 PM.

Is Old War really the best potion for us? I've noticed something around 1.8M-2.3M damage per use of application, while other specs could reach even 11M using it twice. What could be impacting the procs?
    Last edited by Sesethi; 2016-09-25 at 12:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sethorian View Post
    Is Old War really the best potion for us? I've noticed something around 1.8M-2.3M damage per use of application, while other specs could reach even 11M using it twice. What could be impacting the procs?
    Currently Old War has a reduced effectiveness in conjunction with SEF. Unfortunately, even with its reduced effectiveness it is still the best potion to use with SEF. It is much better when used with Serenity.

So the best use would be with SEF regardless if I am not running Serenity?

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Was the range of FoF lowered at some time? The last time I played WW was in MoP, and as I recall you had a fair leeway with the range. It would hit and stun enemies slightly further than regular melee range. Now in Legion it feels like you have to be right at the feet of your target for it to hit. Not an issue with single targets, but against several enemies I'm noticing that very often there's targets that aren't taking any damage.

Looking through http://www.wowhead.com/spell=113656/...fury#changelog I'm noticing that at 6.0.2 suddenly the tooltip says "melee range", whereas previously it didn't say anything. Is this when it happened?
    Last edited by Beace; 2016-09-25 at 02:37 PM.

Deleted
    I'v looked through some boss fight logs and I saw people starting the fights with 3 stacks of Hit Combo already. I figured you manage this by using Chi Wave and FSK, but when I was testing it on a dummy, it took about 25s before the boss pull, is this correct? Because I would have to tell my RL to pull on 25... and nobody wants pulltimers that long...

Quote Originally Posted by Beace View Post
    Was the range of FoF lowered at some time? The last time I played WW was in MoP, and as I recall you had a fair leeway with the range. It would hit and stun enemies slightly further than regular melee range. Now in Legion it feels like you have to be right at the feet of your target for it to hit. Not an issue with single targets, but against several enemies I'm noticing that very often there's targets that aren't taking any damage.

Looking through http://www.wowhead.com/spell=113656/...fury#changelog I'm noticing that at 6.0.2 suddenly the tooltip says "melee range", whereas previously it didn't say anything. Is this when it happened?
    I don't think the range was changed however with WoD FoF did require a target/target to be in range. In MoP you could cast FoF at the air - no target required.

so serenity is ahead because of galeburst & potion shenanigans and SEF reducing pot procs - is that somewhat correct? so if running sef/wdp pot outside SEF?

Quote Originally Posted by Wada View Post
    I'v looked through some boss fight logs and I saw people starting the fights with 3 stacks of Hit Combo already. I figured you manage this by using Chi Wave and FSK, but when I was testing it on a dummy, it took about 25s before the boss pull, is this correct? Because I would have to tell my RL to pull on 25... and nobody wants pulltimers that long...
    Yes you have to start your first chi wave 15-20s before pull if you want 3 stacks.

Deleted
    I was wondering where I should put my next points, but with the discussion about Gale Burst in the last posts, my question has somewhat been answered? Was leaning towards RSK first, then GB.

Quote Originally Posted by kakadu View Post
    I was wondering where I should put my next points, but with the discussion about Gale Burst in the last posts, my question has somewhat been answered? Was leaning towards RSK first, then GB.
    I was wondering the same, but then I saw on Walking The Wind to go for Gale Burst first.
    I'd love to see some maths on that, though.

I am a menace to my own destiny.

Deleted
    When I look at my RSK dmg and think about getting 15% more of it, without doing anything else, this sounds better to me than a well timed 7sec mini burn phase. But yeah, some math would be nice.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ErothTV View Post
    I was wondering the same, but then I saw on Walking The Wind to go for Gale Burst first.
    I'd love to see some maths on that, though.
    What math is there to know? 10% damage during ToD > 5% RSK damage.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Deleted
    Is Satyr really the best neck enchant? 1.5% dmg in my testing, is this really better than the static mastery or crit proc?

Especially on AOE it seems lackluster, for mythic+ it surely is not the best enchant?
    Last edited by mmocefe5057e27; 2016-09-26 at 01:55 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    The math that shows 10% dmg in a 7-8s window every 2 minutes is significantly better than 5% RSK dmg over the fight. WOL will provide logs in the next days, but maybe someone did the math already.

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    If this is true, then why do both artifact paths on WtW show taking Gale Burst last in Golden Traits?

I'm going CCW and have the choice of either putting my final point into Tiger Claws and then picking up Crosswinds OR taking Gale Burst now and then finishing TC and picking up Crosswinds.

Quote Originally Posted by Tachyne View Post
    Is it a DPS loss to hold back using Energizing Elixir, until you really need it? i find myself in situations where when it comes off CD i still have like 1 or 2 chi and energy left, maybe im doing something wrong.
    I'm actually curious about this as well.
    Swankfu
    <Divine Council>
    Illidan - US

Quote Originally Posted by Swankyy View Post
    I'm actually curious about this as well.
    just use 1 more blackout kick or something? and if you used BOK before use lightning or fsk to get a hit combo stack and then use BO, legit takes 1 1/2 globals and then u use EE

I recently dumped Energizing Elixir for Power Strikes and it feels much much better.

I found myself barely ever using EE beyond the opener because it always felt like it was wasted.

If someone can point me to a write-up explaining why EE is the superior choice and HOW they use it, I'd be willing to change my mind. Every time I found myself low on chi and energy where it felt like a good time to EE, all my abilities were on cooldown anyway. So I'd pop EE and then what, BoK/TP spam and waste a ton of chi? Weaving BoK with Lightning is cute, but that didn't feel any better. Wasting FSK just to properly use the extra Chi from EE seems downright retarded.

Power Strikes master race.

Quote Originally Posted by snegro View Post
    Holy shit guys has anyone else noticed SEF is FIXED? My clones are casting FoF on the move immediately from summoning all the time right now.
    Mine isn't.