Page 95 of 124 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Well it would seem DHC is bis for WW at this very moment. The only other contender to use it would be DH because rogues and druids don't have the upfront burst to take advantage of it.

Saying that those classes don't value is a weak argument because they are vastly different. DH is the only fair comparison class that should be used in this case as they are similarly a hard hitting burst class like WW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Juliansfist View Post
    Well it would seem DHC is bis for WW at this very moment. The only other contender to use it would be DH because rogues and druids don't have the upfront burst to take advantage of it.

Saying that those classes don't value is a weak argument because they are vastly different. DH is the only fair comparison class that should be used in this case as they are similarly a hard hitting burst class like WW.
    Looking deeper, ignoring the guides on this forum, DHs use Cini for ST. So... we have Cini as BiS, DHs do, and oomkins and 2/3rds of rogues it's either BiS or close enough that people in the top 10 guarm mythic logs use it, that's most specs that can use it. We are not alone.

Allright guys. I have cindaria, drinking horn, and katsuo. What combination would you guys use? I'm having a hard time picking out the right combo for the sef build. For serenity it's of course obvious.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cszsolt3 View Post
    Allright guys. I have cindaria, drinking horn, and katsuo. What combination would you guys use? I'm having a hard time picking out the right combo for the sef build. For serenity it's of course obvious.
    DHC and Cini for ST, DHC and katsuo for 2-4 taregts, and Katsuo and Cini for 5+.

Hi guys, first time poster. I picked up The Emperor's Capacitor during my guild's raid last week. I've looked at WTW, which has sim numbers, but I haven't found any discussion of how to use it optimally.

So far I've only taken advantage of 20-stack CJL during boss phases where I can't actually melee anything, i.e. Ursoc's charge, Guarm's charge, Elerethe jumping up into her web, Dragon swap, etc. But I feel like there might be more to it.

After discussing it on the blizzard forums, I noticed that 20-stack CJL effectively pauses resource generation, since you spend energy at the same rate it generates. So maybe it's good to use it when your major cooldowns aren't available (FOF and SOTW). It hits harder than RSK above 10 or so stacks. But since I run WDP+SEF with DHC, I never have any windows where better abilities aren't available.

Any thoughts?

Isn't it supposed to be free at 20 stacks/ At least that's what I gather from the description.
    From WtW
    Once you hit high stacks, preferably 20, but 18 or 19 are acceptable if you have the downtime space to fit a full channel of Crackling Jade Lightning in without delaying anything else, you can channel Crackling Jade Lightning. This will both do damage and allow you time to regen energy and other resources, as well as give you time to plan out the next few abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by LoKSET View Post
    Isn't it supposed to be free at 20 stacks/ At least that's what I gather from the description.
    From WtW
    You're right, I was misremembering my experience. That makes it a lot easier to use.

So, with Nighhold coming, has anyone planned what bosses to (initially) spend their seals on?

Deleted
    I'll have 8 so..

Probably seals 1 and 2 will go to normal+heroic Elisande.

One seal on Spellblade Aluriel. Has the Elemental foci + other items that are well statted for WW.

Not super exited about coining Star augur but it seems wise because of set piece and storm FoF relic. My lower ilvl Roiling fogs are really dragging the artifact ilvl down atm.

One on heroic Gul'dan i think because i shouldn't expect bis trinkets since we don't do any splits etc. Also has tier and pretty solid ring.

That's 5 more important ones i guess. Need to figure out what to do with the 3 remaining ones. Might actually bank extra coins for mythic, depending on how the tuning is going to be and how fast the early bosses go down.

The convergence of fate trinket - does the ilvl increase the chance of wiping off 5s from SEF/serenity? Or does ilvl only change the primary stat?

I would guess it's just the agility but no official info.
    Out of a comment in wowhead ppm for us is 6.3, although this might be incorrect.
    This + DHC will lead to huge SEF uptime.

15+ Year Old Account
    I can tell you for a fact it's just the primary stat. The trinket proc is quite high form monks specifically. The trinket SAYS 3 RPPM, but there is a hidden modifier that each of the specs have to it. For example, WW Monks are set at 6.3 RPPM; where as Unholy DKs; it's 4.98 RPPM, and Assassination Rogues are 3.51 RPPM.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=225139/prescience

Click the radio buttons to see each of the RPPMs for the different specs.

Deleted
    As Sephuz' is now better than Cini ST if you can keep up the buff, I've got to ask - are there any situations where you can, realistically? Helya in MoS is the only example I can think of.

It's probably too early to tell but I just got my Entwined Elemental Foci (Norm) from the TW chest. I know in sims it looks pretty good but in tests against a dummy for like 5-10 minutes I barely see it proc. Don't have any video/images but off the top of my head I saw it proc maybe twice in a 5 minute period. Is the proc just that good?
    Last edited by Ace192; 2017-01-19 at 12:09 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace192 View Post
    It's probably too early to tell but I just got my Entwined Elemental Foci (Norm) from the TW chest. I know in sims it looks pretty good but in tests against a dummy for like 5-10 minutes I barely see it proc. Don't have any video/images but off the top of my head I saw it proc maybe twice in a 5 minute period. Is the proc just that good?
    It sims at.. 4th best trink from NH or so. Not the greatest, but okay.

I believe Ele Foci gains more value if you have DHC.
    Swankfu
    <Divine Council>
    Illidan - US

playing with the 2 piece is AIDS. that completely screws the flow of the rotation, going to take some time to get use to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishiz View Post
    playing with the 2 piece is AIDS. that completely screws the flow of the rotation, going to take some time to get use to this.
    Agreed. Have to retime things if you run with WDP. If I didn't have the legendary boots I would really be unhappy with our 2 set bonus.
    Atrael@Turalyon Formerly- Pride/Elv@Azuremyst, Ysera, and Turalyon.

Deleted
    About the trinkets, i see the Nevarix's trinket spreadsheet rank Draught of souls higher than other trinkets (excluding CoF, of course) but the sims at Walking the wind suggest that the Foci with CoF is better. Which is one is correct? I was thinking the walking the wind sims were made when SEF still effectively nerffed trinkets that had damage procs and that's why Foci is higher on the sims that use WDP.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feralica View Post
    About the trinkets, i see the Nevarix's trinket spreadsheet rank Draught of souls higher than other trinkets (excluding CoF, of course) but the sims at Walking the wind suggest that the Foci with CoF is better. Which is one is correct? I was thinking the walking the wind sims were made when SEF still effectively nerffed trinkets that had damage procs and that's why Foci is higher on the sims that use WDP.
    They can both be mostly correct. The sims on WtW show that they're all very very close to each other.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch