Deleted
    Will the SEF relic in TOS from Goroth be BIS for players running SEF?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jormungandr9113 View Post
    i think they will if you have the legendary wrists personaly

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cysia View Post
    i think they will if you have the legendary wrists personaly
    It will fall into the same category as Convergence of Fates. If it gets you another cast, or better time casts, then its BiS. If not, then its not. I'm not going to recommend people use a valuable relic slot for the hope of another cast that may or may not be useful.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

What would a M+ gear build be for WW? Best legendary combo and general stats to aim for? I was thinking Sephuz and Katsuo's and going for agility/haste/mastery on my gear?
    Last edited by Oziemaster; 2017-05-16 at 04:49 PM.

Deleted
    Legendary ring gives us CHI ORBIT... gg...

I'm actually really salty about this. A lot of specs get some legitimately good talents. I'm starting to really hate whoever makes the decisions on WW. The short end of the stick is tiring.
    Monk

"Always look ahead and above yourself. Always try to improve upon yourself. Always strive to elevate your craft." -- Jiro Ono

I literally laughed out loud for a minute after I read that. /fpalm

Obviously Chi Orbit is a joke, but they also didn't have a ton of options. The goal with these new rings is to have them provide a passive effect so you can choose which active effect you want. WW only has 4 rows of DPS talents (a spec like havoc has 6). Here are our passive effects:

Eye of the Tiger
    Ascension and Power Strikes
    Hit Combo*
    Chi Orbit

Hit Combo is passive, in that it doesn't give a new ability, but it also has large gameplay implications so it's kind of borderline. Anyway, that's 5 choices. EotT and Ascension would be just as bad as Chi Orbit. HC is barely a passive and it's understandable why they wouldn't want it, although it would probably be the highest DPS increase. Power Strikes is probably the choice I would have gone with, but Chi Orbit makes sense. It's still free damage, and we just don't have many talents that provide a good experience.

it would be much better if it gave HC , given the nerf it will get next patch

this way we can have Xuen ( Which is also nerfed) and all is happy

Deleted
    I think Chi Orbit is a good choice here.
    But Chi Orbit is, compared to other legendaries, actually quite balanced.

My regular DPS (according to simcraft) is 750k.
    Not Using Whirling dragon punch (simulating no 100 Talent taken) it drops to 708k.
    Now selecting Chi Orbit, it's at 733k, net gain of 25k DPS.

Since i can't chose both without advanced coding, i simply add this 25k to the previous 750k.
    There's nothig about WDP that interferes with chi orbit, so this is actually correct.
    Sum 775k, DPS increase of 3,33%

Of cause this comes atop of my existing 2 legendaries, but without those chi orbit wouldn't loose much oomph beside the lower base stats... and this is just napkin math so whatever.

Xuen or hit combo would have been nice, but i'd rather not be "fixed" as a DPS class through a legendary effect.
    We need baseline buffs, then the ring becomes quite a good choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakiri View Post
    Obviously Chi Orbit is a joke, but they also didn't have a ton of options. The goal with these new rings is to have them provide a passive effect so you can choose which active effect you want. WW only has 4 rows of DPS talents (a spec like havoc has 6). Here are our passive effects:

Eye of the Tiger
    Ascension and Power Strikes
    Hit Combo*
    Chi Orbit

Hit Combo is passive, in that it doesn't give a new ability, but it also has large gameplay implications so it's kind of borderline. Anyway, that's 5 choices. EotT and Ascension would be just as bad as Chi Orbit. HC is barely a passive and it's understandable why they wouldn't want it, although it would probably be the highest DPS increase. Power Strikes is probably the choice I would have gone with, but Chi Orbit makes sense. It's still free damage, and we just don't have many talents that provide a good experience.
    While I can understand what your saying, it's not a valid reason for the ring not to give hit combo. The ring is not the only legendary, you don't have to play it, you can simply take HC and run another lego. So I don't see that as a valid reason for not making the ring HC.

Bottom line is chi orbit is a joke of a talent, even worse is that it's a lvl 100 talent with absolutely not interaction. When Arms warrior gets Deadly Calm it's quite clear we are getting fucked here.

Katsuo's Eclipse - looked at my mythic Krosus log and I had 14 FoF casts. 14 chi saved; in terms of BOK kick damage (390K average kick for me) that's ~5.5M damage which puts it about 2% of my overall damage for that fight.

Now I'm thinking if you don't have much a problem managing your chi then Katsuo's seems pretty underwhelming and would likely be outperformed by a number of other legendaries would it not?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juliansfist View Post
    Katsuo's Eclipse - looked at my mythic Krosus log and I had 14 FoF casts. 14 chi saved; in terms of BOK kick damage (390K average kick for me) that's ~5.5M damage which puts it about 2% of my overall damage for that fight.

Now I'm thinking if you don't have much a problem managing your chi then Katsuo's seems pretty underwhelming and would likely be outperformed by a number of other legendaries would it not?
    LOL, your post was the last one in here for nearly a week now.

As for your question, I don't raid that much outside of pugs and only stick to M+ but I was thinking the same thing for when I finally get a Drinking Horn Cover and pair it with my Kiljaeden trinket (970 agi trinket for next patch is awesome IMO). Katsuo makes FoF and SCKs easier to pull off quickly for aoe spam though. :/
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by Juliansfist View Post

That napkin math deserves a couple more notes - BoK triggers transfer the power, and if equipped, the emperor's capacitor, both of which are not irrelevant amounts of damage.
    Also, Katsuo's relieves some stress on the rotation; without it you'd probably have delayed FoF or Rising sun kick slightly due to the chi requirements, meaning maybe it wasn't 14 BoKs, but 12 BoKs and one RSK - just exagerating here but you get the idea.

Allthough it's hard to value the exact difference in that scenario, it's sure that Katsuo ain't the allstar it used to be anymore; it will probably be significantly stronger with tier 20 4p, which will put it in a desired spot for the "easiest" legendary to use (makes your decision making simpler instead of harder.)

Deleted
    Sooo, I need to use old pc for a week, and got really nice ring from the weekly and decided to sim it out. DL the newest simc and suddenly Im simc-ing ~100k more compared to the last version/sim (720-03 now vs 720-02 - 3-4 days ago). Anyone with the same experience, or 720-03 is for PTR (doesn't look like that), or just 720-02 was outdated and wrong-ish?

Deleted
    Is the new head legendary worth anything? I mean the CD reduction on Strike of the windlord is good, but a free blackout is not much.

Free BOKs are stupid if they still mess up our mastery and hit combo. They need to make things boost the damage of it or not count against combo strikes/hit combo penalty.

The helm is not worth it unless they buff it to 40-50%.

Would the new helm be good for Serenity users?

Quote Originally Posted by HHHGame78 View Post
    Free BOKs are stupid if they still mess up our mastery and hit combo. They need to make things boost the damage of it or not count against combo strikes/hit combo penalty.
    The fact that they don't know this yet gives me very little hope for any positive changes any more.